Moeller (OH) 21 St. Xavier (OH) 0

ggclfan

Not shocked that Mo beat X but the ease in which they won surprises me. Mo is two wins away from the three peat in D1 in Ohio...that is just unheard of this day and age.

As a HHS fan, I am glad Rodenberg is coaching Moeller and is no longer at CovCath. The guy can flat out coach.

Please keep in mind that St. Xavier was without their starting QB. They went to their converted WR Whitrock.

Moeller loses next week to Wayne.

-CardinalsFan

The bolded is a very strong possibility. I called a Dayton team out of this region in week 4, just wasn't sure if it would be Wayne or Centerville.

Moeller is playing very well in the playoffs though, so I'm hedging my bet a bit. Not ready to count them out of this one. Could be a dandy.

Not shocked that Mo beat X but the ease in which they won surprises me. Mo is two wins away from the three peat in D1 in Ohio...that is just unheard of this day and age.

As a HHS fan, I am glad Rodenberg is coaching Moeller and is no longer at CovCath. The guy can flat out coach.

Crazy state time. Since 2008 (Rodenberg's second year) Moeller is 66-2 when leading or tied going into the fourth quarter. That's crazy because of the schedule Moeller plays each year.

I'd say the game was closer than the final score, except that Moeller had a TD called back in the second quarter for an illegal man downfield. Failed to score on the drive as a result. 7-0 at half.

X was in the game until the last four minutes, but I never had a sense they were going to make a push to win the game after the first series.

First series goes 18 plays and kills the first nine minutes of the game, but X comes up with zero points after failing on a fourth down attempt. If I'm Specht I likely kick the field goal there and take the early points. But, X had converted two fourth downs earlier in the drive and it was a fourth and short.

Please keep in mind that St. Xavier was without their starting QB. They went to their converted WR Whitrock.

Correct me if I am wrong but Moeller has been going with Crable at QB and I don't think he was the original starter. I believe he is only playing because of injury. Doesn't change my thoughts on how impressive the run by Mo is or my thoughts on Rosenberg. Mo will definitely have their hands full with Wayne next week. Wayne is scary right now.

-CardinalsFan

Crable is on a mission. I'll take the Crusaders to defeat the Warriors at Mason. Neutral fields for playoffs, what a novel idea!

Crable is on a mission. I'll take the Crusaders to defeat the Warriors at Mason. Neutral fields for playoffs, what a novel idea!

I'm thinking the same. Wayne has a very good football team, but based on the way the past couple of seasons have went, I have a tough time going against Moeller this deep and coaching is a big part of it.

Correct me if I am wrong but Moeller has been going with Crable at QB and I don't think he was the original starter. I believe he is only playing because of injury. Doesn't change my thoughts on how impressive the run by Mo is or my thoughts on Rosenberg. Mo will definitely have their hands full with Wayne next week. Wayne is scary right now.

Crable has been the starter since day 1. The backup is McViddy, who is playing WR and waiting his turn. This is where I had the GCL rep going out. Wayne is really good, but the last few years Moe has just been tourney strong. It wasn't that long ago that the Moe faithful wanted Coach Roe out, they underachieved for many years