Graves County vs Bowling Green Playoff Predictions Week 3

Who wins?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Graves County (9-3)
    • Bowling Green (11-1)

This will be the last home game for the Senior class who have won more games than any other Purples graduating class.

Graves County, who has one of the state's best running backs, will have their hands full of one of the best, if not the best defense in the state. In fact, the Purples D is playing it's best right now. This should spell problems for Graves.

As I mentioned earlier, Jamal Caruthers, the Sophomore RB for BG will break the Sophomore scoring record (Avery Hibbitt) this Friday night.

Seeing if I can open a can of worms. If BG ran the ball like Graves or Madison Southern how many rushing yards would Caruthers have? If he were on one of those teams the nation would know about him! Even though BG will be pro style offense in coming years, he will still be lights out.

Purples peaking at right time!

BG. 48

Graves. 7

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't underestimate the Eagles. They've been playing great football for the last 5-6 weeks.. I expect BGreen to come out on top, but, I expect a very competitive game with the Purples pulling away in the late stages. I will say this, Cody Crider will get his yards and break a few big plays. The kids deceptively fast, bigger and stronger than he looks and has great instincts and is a very patient RB that knows when to hit the hole and he's very hard to bring down. BG better wrap him up and hit him with 2-3 guys at all times. I'll say it'll be a 1 or 2 score game with the Purples getting a late score to pull away.. BG 28 GC 14

I wouldn't underestimate the Eagles. They've been playing great football for the last 5-6 weeks.. I expect BGreen to come out on top, but, I expect a very competitive game with the Purples pulling away in the late stages. I will say this, Cody Crider will get his yards and break a few big plays. The kids deceptively fast, bigger and stronger than he looks and has great instincts and is a very patient RB that knows when to hit the hole and he's very hard to bring down. BG better wrap him up and hit him with 2-3 guys at all times. I'll say it'll be a 1 or 2 score game with the Purples getting a late score to pull away.. BG 28 GC 14

Looking forward to watching Crider play. Have heard alot about him. Think the Purples D will take stopping him as a big challenge. Hope I can make it to the game. Haven't seen the weather forecast, but I'll take BG by 21.

If the Eagles had a good 2nd option besides Crider, they'd be a really, really tough out, Unfortunately, he's about 90% of there offense. He'll tote the rock about 30 or more times and I'm sure BG will load the box and key on him and that'll be enough, but, Graves OL is good, better than advertised and even though they'll key on him, that line still opens up some holes and he's talented enough to take advantage of those openings when they occur. The Eagles D is pretty sound. As well. You can't just line up and drive it down there throats. BG will need to mix it up and do some misdirection and keep the Eagles off balance. The DL averages about 270 and there LBs pursue well and close quickly. There secondary is a little suspect, good tacklers in open field but not great in coverage, so, if the Purples have a decent passing game, they could exploit them, especially on the mid to deep seam routes. They cover better on the edges with a smaller area to cover and the sidelines to protect them. If BG has speed with there WRs and you can get them in space, that's the way to go.

If the Eagles had a good 2nd option besides Crider, they'd be a really, really tough out, Unfortunately, he's about 90% of there offense. He'll tote the rock about 30 or more times and I'm sure BG will load the box and key on him and that'll be enough, but, Graves OL is good, better than advertised and even though they'll key on him, that line still opens up some holes and he's talented enough to take advantage of those openings when they occur. The Eagles D is pretty sound. As well. You can't just line up and drive it down there throats. BG will need to mix it up and do some misdirection and keep the Eagles off balance. The DL averages about 270 and there LBs pursue well and close quickly. There secondary is a little suspect, good tacklers in open field but not great in coverage, so, if the Purples have a decent passing game, they could exploit them, especially on the mid to deep seam routes. They cover better on the edges with a smaller area to cover and the sidelines to protect them. If BG has speed with there WRs and you can get them in space, that's the way to go.

You haven't watched BG have you?

Not in person this yr,. but. I don't think they're near as strong as last year & it would be a mistake to come into this game expecting a blowout. BG has struggled more than once this year against teams with similar talent levels than Graves. IMO, BG & McCracken are similar in talent, with a slight edge to BG and a big edge in coaching, Graves handled them pretty easily. Graves and OBoro are similar in talent with OBoro a few more better athletes and Graves a little better in the trenches and better fundamentally.

Not in person this yr,. but. I don't think they're near as strong as last year & it would be a mistake to come into this game expecting a blowout. BG has struggled more than once this year against teams with similar talent levels than Graves. IMO, BG & McCracken are similar in talent, with a slight edge to BG and a big edge in coaching, Graves handled them pretty easily. Graves and OBoro are similar in talent with OBoro a few more better athletes and Graves a little better in the trenches and better fundamentally.

Bg doesn't overlook people. Thats why they have won 17 playoff games in a row. The only thing similar between Graves and Owensboro is the record. The Graves staff is better, the schemes are very different and the players are very different. The reason I made my first reply to you was the comments you made about Graves weaknesses. BG is more than capable of throwing and doing all those things.

If BG throws the ball well, then they should be in good shape. IMO, Graves is a better team right now than OBoro is. As far as winning 17 in a row, unfortunately 15 of those 17 wins were by mostly different personnel. This is not the same BG team as in 12 or 13, still very solid, but, a step or 2 below on the talent level. I think BG wins the game by 2 or 3 scores, but, I don't foresee a blowout, by any means.

You do realize it's not Warren Central they're playing, right?

BBJ knows all too well that WC is not playing. I am sure it is his enduring love for the Purples that has him predicting lopsided outcomes in favor of BGHS.

Also enjoying UKFF's analysis of a team he hasn't seen...

I have a weird feeling about this one.

Not going to call an upset... but think this one ends up tighter than expected

I respect your opinion ATL, but after reviewing Graves schedule and UKFF's comments, Graves hasn't beaten a team with really good speed since McCracken County about a month and a half ago. (Yes, I know I left out Hoptown, but you get beat 50 to 0 and sometimes that happens). The weather forecast is about as good as it will get for this time of year (33 degree and no rain/snow etc at game time). Last week BG was clicking on all cylindars and put a running clock on Hoptown 30 seconds into the 2nd quarter. I just don't see it this game.

But I'm really looking forward to see Mr. Crider play. Should be fun.

I have a weird feeling the week after this one.