Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport @ Walton Verona predictions

Newport at Walton-Verona 44 members have voted

  1. 1. Newport at Walton-Verona

    • Newport (7-4)
      38%
      17
    • Walton-Verona (10-1)
      61%
      27

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Let's hear it folks!

  • Replies 70
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure will be very interesting. I think Newport going to Walton Verona is huge in this game. The Wildcats will be ready but this is arguably the biggest game WV has ever hosted. So MO will be huge.

 

As for the Xs and Os it looks like it may be an extremely cold night. Right now the low is predicted for 25 degrees so it looks like the ground game might be huge. To that end WV would be in good shape and Newport would be okay although I think their ground game is better when they can also throw the ball.

 

Looks like return yardage could be huge too because kickoffs and punts are not going to travel far. I really think this one will could come down to the final minutes.

I am taking Newport in this one and the winner will have to play defense. WV gave up a lot of yards on the ground last night to HC. Newport is way better than HC. Newport tends not to be disciplined at times, and you must be disciplined to stop WV. Newport has more talent, but WV is a stingy team that will not quit. Newport 35-21

I am really looking forward to this game. I think it is going to be a dandy. A lot of big plays for both teams, a lot of energy and big hitting on the field, probably several turnovers. I expect it to go back and forth with a lot of momentum swings. I will take the more discipline team in a game like that. I'm going with Walton-Verona.

I think WV pulls this game out against a very good Newport team. I will have to respectfully disagree that Newport has more talent. They certainly have some talented players but Latimore, Carr and Compton from WV are also very talented players. Having Latimore for the full game this time around vs Newport will certainly help WV. They gave up a kickoff return for a TD to start the game vs Newport in the first matchup as well as a bad snap over the punter that lead directly to another Newport score. I see WV eliminating those mistakes and taking a hard fought battle vs Newport. It should be a fun night in Verona next Friday.

I think WV pulls this game out against a very good Newport team. I will have to respectfully disagree that Newport has more talent. They certainly have some talented players but Latimore, Carr and Compton from WV are also very talented players. Having Latimore for the full game this time around vs Newport will certainly help WV. They gave up a kickoff return for a TD to start the game vs Newport in the first matchup as well as a bad snap over the punter that lead directly to another Newport score. I see WV eliminating those mistakes and taking a hard fought battle vs Newport. It should be a fun night in Verona next Friday.

 

Agree.

I am taking Newport in this one and the winner will have to play defense. WV gave up a lot of yards on the ground last night to HC. Newport is way better than HC. Newport tends not to be disciplined at times, and you must be disciplined to stop WV. Newport has more talent, but WV is a stingy team that will not quit. Newport 35-21

have you even seen them play? no way newport has more talent. and I think WV would have beat them the first time if Lattimore does'nt get hurt. Newport could not stop him

  • Author

Newport has gotten a ton better since that game. And to say Walton has more talent is ludacris. Please tell me at what positions Walton is more athletic? I'll give you Lattimore, but other than that, where?

Newport has gotten a ton better since that game. And to say Walton has more talent is ludacris. Please tell me at what positions Walton is more athletic? I'll give you Lattimore, but other than that, where?

 

Fair question: If Newport has gotten a ton better since that game.......what proves that? And what proves Walton V has not also gotten better since that game?

Very tough call; I'd say this is one of the better second round games in the state. I planned on going to Dixie and Ryle; after seeing that this game is going on, I'll be heading to Walton on Friday. Should be a hell of a game.

  • Author

I never said Walton hasn't gotten better, I would have to assume they have or they wouldn't be 10-1. And watching Newport play you can see the improvements from week 2 til now. They are very athletic at most positions. Guess we can find out Friday night who is better.

I never said Walton hasn't gotten better, I would have to assume they have or they wouldn't be 10-1. And watching Newport play you can see the improvements from week 2 til now. They are very athletic at most positions. Guess we can find out Friday night who is better.

 

Yes I would agree. Most good teams have gotten better since the first couple of games. I have been waiting for this rematch and I going to enjoy watching this one.

I am taking Newport in this one and the winner will have to play defense. WV gave up a lot of yards on the ground last night to HC. Newport is way better than HC. Newport tends not to be disciplined at times, and you must be disciplined to stop WV. Newport has more talent, but WV is a stingy team that will not quit. Newport 35-21

 

Yes but styles make games. Holy Cross was able to hold the ball for a long time but only managed 7 points on the first team all game. Totally different game plan employed by Newport.

have you even seen them play? no way newport has more talent. and I think WV would have beat them the first time if Lattimore does'nt get hurt. Newport could not stop him

 

Don't get me wrong, WV can definitely win this game. I never said that. I did say that Newport is more talented. If u don't think that Newport has boat loads of talent, u haven't seen them play. I never said the WV team doesn't have nice athletes, I just said Newport has way more, imo. Does talent guarantee victories, no it doesn't. I have seen both teams play, this Newport is my vote to win a close and competitive game

Yes but styles make games. Holy Cross was able to hold the ball for a long time but only managed 7 points on the first team all game. Totally different game plan employed by Newport.

Agreed. Imo, whoever makes defensive stops, wins

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.