Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Playoffs Round 2 Simon Kenton/Lafayette Predictions

Who do you think wins? 70 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Are you saying one TD was 16yds and right at him?? I was at the game. One TD may have been at him, but they spent a lot of time NOT running at him.

Yes. Dixie did not make it a point to run away from him.

  • Replies 193
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking at the Dixie game, SK has no run defense either.

Dixie handed out Muti pancakes! Just watch the film!!

i hope SK wins and Dixie wins. I think it would be a great game for NKY.

If I am Dixie I run right at Deaton and make him the read key for the give or keep, I would not block him, make him choose and no matter what he chooses he is wrong. A big myth out there is that you can only "read" the defensive end, you can have pretty much have any player be the read key.

 

You don't block Deaton he will smash somebody.

 

And if the qb reads it right he will smash the guy without the ball.

I have a feeling Lafayette will try to stop Powell and open up the passing game.

 

All week at practice it has been said that it will be a running game. Blows my mind at our offensive play calling sometimes. Sk has the talent, mix it up! I hate getting "outcoached", no darn reason for that!

All week at practice it has been said that it will be a running game. Blows my mind at our offensive play calling sometimes. Sk has the talent, mix it up! I hate getting "outcoached", no darn reason for that!

 

Make UK#1Fan the coach, he has all the answers.

You don't block Deaton he will smash somebody.

 

He is an animal! Out of the average 60 offensive plays, he will make less than 5 tackles. I bet Lafayette is thinking about forfeiting because of him.

 

Also, apparently he can be blocked. Against SK's toughest competition (Dixie and Ryle) he had a total of 4 solo tackles and 2 assisted tackles.

Edited by Colonel Don

SK needs to be careful not to look ahead to a potenial Dixie/Ryle rematch. SK should win this game going away. SK will be much more physical at the point of attack. I have seen both teams play and SK appears to be the better team. SK28-LAF14

He is an animal! Out of the average 60 offensive plays, he will make less than 5 tackles. I bet Lafayette is thinking about forfeiting because of him.

 

Also, apparently he can be blocked. Against SK's toughest competition (Dixie and Ryle) he had a total of 4 solo tackles and 2 assisted tackles.

 

Yet another kid that one misguided fan has put a bullseye on their back. It's perfectly ok to be a good high school football player. Not everyone can be that D1, superstar, smash mouth, run all overtop of them with their 4.3 speed athlete that we are constantly hearing about.

Yet another kid that one misguided fan has put a bullseye on their back. It's perfectly ok to be a good high school football player. Not everyone can be that D1, superstar, smash mouth, run all overtop of them with their 4.3 speed athlete that we are constantly hearing about.

 

The fan that put the bullseye on his back is an SK fan by virtually claiming he can walk on water. I know the kid is a VERY, VERY good player. However, the numbers are the numbers. The great bloviator does more harm than good by making claims NO kid can live up to.

  • Author
The fan that put the bullseye on his back is an SK fan by virtually claiming he can walk on water. I know the kid is a VERY, VERY good player. However, the numbers are the numbers. The great bloviator does more harm than good by making claims NO kid can live up to.

 

Really? He had several sacks against Dixie last year.

If I am Dixie I run right at Deaton and make him the read key for the give or keep, I would not block him, make him choose and no matter what he chooses he is wrong. A big myth out there is that you can only "read" the defensive end, you can have pretty much have any player be the read key.

 

I agree with that on the option. However, I'm saying put Deaton in the middle and shadow Moore. Blow Moore up on every option play that he can. Ball or no ball. If he can't get to him, take out as many blockers as possible and let the rest clean up. Shadow Moore with their best player and make the rest of Dixie beat you. Put it this way, if Moore doesn't play in the game, does Dixie beat SK? My point if have you best player neutralize their best player and see where the cards fall. The other running back is good, but really good because there is so much focus on Moore. Can the rest of the team beat the rest of SK if you take the best player from each side out of the game? I think Dixie relies on Moore more that SK relies on Deaton. Moore requires so much attention, the rest look really good. Take Deaton off the field for SK and their ship is not sank. Take Moore off the field for Dixie...and my guess is they struggle. Maybe I'm wrong.

He is an animal! Out of the average 60 offensive plays, he will make less than 5 tackles. I bet Lafayette is thinking about forfeiting because of him.

 

Also, apparently he can be blocked. Against SK's toughest competition (Dixie and Ryle) he had a total of 4 solo tackles and 2 assisted tackles.

 

Deaton has to play better than that if he wants his season to continue. Could be your last HS game. Go play every play like it's your last one.

And if the qb reads it right he will smash the guy without the ball.

 

And again, that's why you don't put Deaton on the outside. Let him roam, focus in on Moore and SMASH Moore regardless. Give Deaton the challenge to play 1 on 1 with Moore and my guess is it makes a huge difference. Moore is good enough to get his yards, but make him pay on every run play. Put Deaton in his kitchen on every play and I bet it changes some things. When you have Deaton on the end, they are either running away from him (which takes him completely out of the play half the time) or optioning him and forcing him to think and make the right decision. Take all that away and give him one mission...be in on every tackle and blow Moore up every chance you get. I want my best defensive player using his strengths with no hesitation.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.