Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Playoffs Round 2 Simon Kenton/Lafayette Predictions

Who do you think wins? 70 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

And again, that's why you don't put Deaton on the outside. Let him roam, focus in on Moore and SMASH Moore regardless. Give Deaton the challenge to play 1 on 1 with Moore and my guess is it makes a huge difference. Moore is good enough to get his yards, but make him pay on every run play. Put Deaton in his kitchen on every play and I bet it changes some things. When you have Deaton on the end, they are either running away from him (which takes him completely out of the play half the time) or optioning him and forcing him to think and make the right decision. Take all that away and give him one mission...be in on every tackle and blow Moore up every chance you get. I want my best defensive player using his strengths with no hesitation.

I understand your point and don't really disagree but you can "read" him no matter where he lines up.

  • Replies 193
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All week at practice it has been said that it will be a running game. Blows my mind at our offensive play calling sometimes. Sk has the talent, mix it up! I hate getting "outcoached", no darn reason for that!

 

I agree with this...I just wish SK would throw more intermediate routes and crossing routes. I've seen them twice now and it feels like every play is either a run to Deaton up the middle or off tackle, a sideline pass to Winkler or a shot down field. I know they throw other stuff in their (Racke draw for example), but It seems like the only real successful plays are the ones I mentioned. Seems like the others are just there to throw ya off a little.

Really? He had several sacks against Dixie last year.

 

Yes, really! This year, he had 3 solo tackles and 1 assisted tackle against Dixie and the same vs Ryle. Last year is ancient history and YOU don't allow discussions about that.

  • Author

Focus on him because Hicks will be coming!

The fan that put the bullseye on his back is an SK fan by virtually claiming he can walk on water. I know the kid is a VERY, VERY good player. However, the numbers are the numbers. The great bloviator does more harm than good by making claims NO kid can live up to.

 

I agree numbers are numbers, but if offenses are keying on him, doubling him or running away from him, then they are doing their job. For me, they just don't use him right. Put that kid in the middle and give him a "search and destroy" mission and I bet those numbers go up. The other thing that is missed in numbers if the focus you would have to put on him to keep him from blowing up plays. Which means he may not get the tackles, but he's taking up so much focus that others are. That would never show up in any numbers. Kinda like the wedge busters on kick off teams. They go in and blow everything up, are potentially the heroes and may never have a tackle all year!

Focus on him because Hicks will be coming!

 

Hicks vs Ryle 2 solo, 4 assisted

Hicks vs Dixie 5 solo, 2 assisted

Really? He had several sacks against Dixie last year.

 

Yes, really! This year, he had 3 solo tackles and 1 assisted tackle against Dixie and the same vs Ryle. Last year is ancient history and YOU don't allow discussions about that.

 

Two solo tackles and one assist against Dixie this year. I don't remember "several sacks" from him. Maybe he got one when it was a busted play and Drew gave himself up. And also seeing as Dixie only threw the ball 7 times, there weren't many opportunities for sacks. Maybe one of his 3 total tackles were for a loss though. :idunno:

 

And Dixie isn't worried about SK right now. They are focused on Ryle and will focus on SK if they both happen to make it to next week.

 

Should be a good game tonight down in Lexington. Hopefully it's a hard fought game without any injuries. Good luck to both teams.

I agree numbers are numbers, but if offenses are keying on him, doubling him or running away from him, then they are doing their job. For me, they just don't use him right. Put that kid in the middle and give him a "search and destroy" mission and I bet those numbers go up. The other thing that is missed in numbers if the focus you would have to put on him to keep him from blowing up plays. Which means he may not get the tackles, but he's taking up so much focus that others are. That would never show up in any numbers. Kinda like the wedge busters on kick off teams. They go in and blow everything up, are potentially the heroes and may never have a tackle all year!

 

I agree totally, but the original assertion was he could not be blocked. Apparently, He can be.

Hicks vs Ryle 2 solo, 4 assisted

Hicks vs Dixie 5 solo, 2 assisted

 

Well who the heck is making all the tackles then??? UK...who else ya got? If I counted correctly, Hicks and Deaton had 8 or the 60 plus available tackles.

 

But I do think the Dixie game was kinda unusual because of the darn defensive strategy SK had...that clearly didn't work.

Focus on him because Hicks will be coming!

None of SKs lbs played well against Dixie. its not the defensive they played. Dixie just blocked them down the feild.

  • Author
I agree totally, but the original assertion was he could not be blocked. Apparently, He can be.

 

Go Pioneers!

Go Pioneers!

 

Now that, you and I can agree on!

I've taken this off on a tangent as much as anyone, but SK needs to worry about the team in the title of this thread first or there is no rematch. And the team they play tonight is more than capable of beating SK. In my opinion...this game comes down to whoever can force their style on the other one. I do think the cold hurts Layfayette a little with the passing game. First you must stay warm, then keep your hands warm and then be able to catch the brick that's coming to you! Ground and pound should have a small advantage in a game this cold, but you never know.

The fan that put the bullseye on his back is an SK fan by virtually claiming he can walk on water. I know the kid is a VERY, VERY good player. However, the numbers are the numbers. The great bloviator does more harm than good by making claims NO kid can live up to.

 

Agreed. My post was not directed at you.

I agree numbers are numbers, but if offenses are keying on him, doubling him or running away from him, then they are doing their job. For me, they just don't use him right. Put that kid in the middle and give him a "search and destroy" mission and I bet those numbers go up. The other thing that is missed in numbers if the focus you would have to put on him to keep him from blowing up plays. Which means he may not get the tackles, but he's taking up so much focus that others are. That would never show up in any numbers. Kinda like the wedge busters on kick off teams. They go in and blow everything up, are potentially the heroes and may never have a tackle all year!

I agree Deaton would be better served in the middle. The biggest thing is that he is not good in space and Hicks is not good in space either. Having them both on the outside looks great until you watch them out there in that 3-4. Put them both inside because the guys inside are not linebackers they are nose guards. Bring your safeties up to play the OLB spots and put Winkler and Powell at safeties. Now you are getting fast and nasty on defense.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.