Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Playoffs Round 2 Simon Kenton/Lafayette Predictions

Who do you think wins? 70 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I saw them play Dixie. In my opinion, you stop Moore and you stop Dixie. If you have Deaton shadowing Moore and literally blowing up the play whereever he is, you should have plenty of help on the ends. Having Deaton on the outside makes it easy to avoid him. You just run to the other side. If you use Deaton as a "wedge buster", then that leaves multiple people to contain Moore. If Dixie wasn't so one dimensional, I agree with you 100%. But if my butt were on the line, I'm putting my best player on Moore, stopping him, and telling the rest of Dixie to beat me. And they may, but I would make sure it wasn't because Moore ran all over me again. Take the the threat of Moore away, and you really limit Dixie. Moore makes the other players on offense better. Take him away and force the others to beat you. Thats easier said than done...I get it. And the others may beat you...but if I were SK...I would be the state of Missouri...SHOW ME!

 

Dixie ran right at Deaton. 16 TD. Right at him.

  • Replies 193
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was told Deaton will probably end up committing to Miami Ohio.

Deaton has been offered?

  • Author
Dixie ran right at Deaton. 16 TD. Right at him.

 

This is Lafayette/SK thread talk your smack next week if your team makes it to next week! :D

This is Lafayette/SK thread talk your smack next week if your team makes it to next week! :D

Just playing your game?

  • Author

Bball Legend, BillyBob1967, blueandblack14, bluebayou14, Bluebird, BTI, Clubber, colonel_red, Content1, CooperSportsFan, Cord of Wood, DoTell, JJD, Johnny_Utah, Knights, Marty_Huggins012, moughjoe, nikeman49, nkuclubbaseball19, NKYFBFAN, Paul Dean, PurplePride92, RamCoach90, Reallydontbelievethehype, Rebel, sports fan and Tommy2tone I can't wait to serve you some kettle crow late tomorrow night!!! :D

Bball Legend, BillyBob1967, blueandblack14, bluebayou14, Bluebird, BTI, Clubber, colonel_red, Content1, CooperSportsFan, Cord of Wood, DoTell, JJD, Johnny_Utah, Knights, Marty_Huggins012, moughjoe, nikeman49, nkuclubbaseball19, NKYFBFAN, Paul Dean, PurplePride92, RamCoach90, Reallydontbelievethehype, Rebel, sports fan and Tommy2tone I can't wait to serve you some kettle crow late tomorrow night!!! :D

 

Hopefully it's not leftover crow from October 17th! If I get crow I want it to be fresh.

I just watched film of Lafayette and they have no run defense they will be in for a long night. Powell might have his best game ever! Go Pioneers!

 

Looking at the Dixie game, SK has no run defense either.

  • Author
Looking at the Dixie game, SK has no run defense either.

 

Their playing great defense the past 2 weeks!

Deaton has been offered?

.....

Dixie ran right at Deaton. 16 TD. Right at him.

 

Are you saying one TD was 16yds and right at him?? I was at the game. One TD may have been at him, but they spent a lot of time NOT running at him.

SIMON KENTON (10-1) vs. LAFAYETTE (8-3) Class 6A Playoffs

 

WHEN/WHERE: 7:30 p.m. Friday at James D. Ishmael Stadium, Lexington.

 

WHAT TO WATCH: Simon Kenton rolled over Madison Central in the first round 40-11, while Lafayette pulled out a 35-21 win over Campbell County. Lafayette also beat Boone County, 30-14, earlier in the regular season to add another local reference point.

 

Both of these teams will be led by talented sophomore signal callers. Simon Kenton quarterback Cameron Racke has done nothing but improve this season, while throwing for 1,623 yards and 18 touchdowns with only four interceptions. He's been gifted with the opportunity to play alongside talented junior running back Dillon Powell (1,263 yards, 14 TDs), senior receiver Logan Winkler (797 receiving yards, 13 TDs) and a huge offensive line. The Generals are led by dual-threat sophomore quarterback Walker Wood (1,080 rushing yards, 18 TDs, 1,603 passing yards, 16 TDs) and senior running back Malik Robinson (954 yards, 9 TDs).

 

 

From the Cincinnati Enquirer: Top 9 NKY high school playoff games this weekend"]Top 9 NKY high school playoff games this weekend[/url]

I don't want to look past Lafayette, but, SK has the game plan for stopping a running QB in that offense. They lost a similar game to Campbell a few years back and never adjusted, saving those changes for the playoff game that SK won by stopping the run and forcing the 'running QB' to be a passer. I'd expect to see something similar when SK beats Lafayette and if Dixie beats Ryle.

Totally different styles of offense between Campbell and Dixie even though both have the QB running a lot.

I saw them play Dixie. In my opinion, you stop Moore and you stop Dixie. If you have Deaton shadowing Moore and literally blowing up the play whereever he is, you should have plenty of help on the ends. Having Deaton on the outside makes it easy to avoid him. You just run to the other side. If you use Deaton as a "wedge buster", then that leaves multiple people to contain Moore. If Dixie wasn't so one dimensional, I agree with you 100%. But if my butt were on the line, I'm putting my best player on Moore, stopping him, and telling the rest of Dixie to beat me. And they may, but I would make sure it wasn't because Moore ran all over me again. Take the the threat of Moore away, and you really limit Dixie. Moore makes the other players on offense better. Take him away and force the others to beat you. Thats easier said than done...I get it. And the others may beat you...but if I were SK...I would be the state of Missouri...SHOW ME!

If I am Dixie I run right at Deaton and make him the read key for the give or keep, I would not block him, make him choose and no matter what he chooses he is wrong. A big myth out there is that you can only "read" the defensive end, you can have pretty much have any player be the read key.

  • Author
If I am Dixie I run right at Deaton and make him the read key for the give or keep, I would not block him, make him choose and no matter what he chooses he is wrong. A big myth out there is that you can only "read" the defensive end, you can have pretty much have any player be the read key.

 

You don't block Deaton he will smash somebody.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.