Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dalton finishes with a lower QBR than Interceptions...has that ever happened?

Featured Replies

Has any QB actually had a higher number of Interceptions than his Quarterback Rating in a game?

Dalton QB Rating 2.0

Dalton Interceptions 3

 

I was giving him this year to see if he could be the QB here, after 2 prime time games and 2 huge busts on national TV this season I am of the camp just like all the ESPN talking heads that the Bengals will never win a Super Bowl with Dalton as QB.

  • Author

I was curious and wanted to go back if I could find any pre draft evaluations on Dalton and I found this gem.

This is from Todd McShay

 

"On Dalton: McShay has concerns about his size (6-foot-1) and ability to throw consistently in the "intermediate and vertical" areas of the field. But, he believes Dalton is worthy of a third or fourth-round pick because he could be brought along on the cheap and turned into a solid backup"

 

So he could be turned into a solid backup yet the Bengals make him their franchise QB. Sure glad they signed him to a new contract and didn't sign AJ to one.

His passer rating was 2.0. His QBR was 4.3.

 

Box score.

 

Either way, the performance sucked worse than anything I can remember.

Next there games are on the road starting at New Orleans, then two sub par teams. Huge stretch for Dalton's future.

Should we look to see if any of AD's friends made large bets on the Browns?

I really don't think Daltons future is in jeopardy in Cincinnati.

I really don't think Daltons future is in jeopardy in Cincinnati.

 

Couldn't disagree more, it's been well noted that he's on a very lucrative 2 year tryout.

Couldn't disagree more, it's been well noted that he's on a very lucrative 2 year tryout.

 

True. Don't know why they need two years to evaluate the obvious.

I could see Johnny playing for the Bengals in 2016.

Has any QB actually had a higher number of Interceptions than his Quarterback Rating in a game?

Dalton QB Rating 2.0

Dalton Interceptions 3

 

I was giving him this year to see if he could be the QB here, after 2 prime time games and 2 huge busts on national TV this season I am of the camp just like all the ESPN talking heads that the Bengals will never win a Super Bowl with Dalton as QB.

 

Has happened a number of times.

 

The two I remember watching were.

 

Ryan Leaf 09/20/1998 vs Chiefs. Completed 1 of 15 for 4 yards and 2 INTs - QBR 0.0

 

Rex Grossman 12/31/2006 vs Packers Completed 2 of 12 for 33 yards and 3 INTs - QBR 0.0

  • Author
I really don't think Daltons future is in jeopardy in Cincinnati.

Sadly, I agree with you. You have to basically kill someone to be on your way out in Cincinnati if you are their starting QB.

Sadly, I agree with you. You have to basically kill someone to be on your way out in Cincinnati if you are their starting QB.

 

It won't be performance that leads to Daltons exit. $$$$$ if anything will be the decision maker.

True. Don't know why they need two years to evaluate the obvious.

 

Now I'm with you. Look at his stats this year it is sickening. He's always had the "numbers" in his corner and a hungry young team playoff bound. Neither is happening this year.

 

The problem with Dalton is even if he is "good" he isn't going to carry a team.

What were Jake Delhomme's numbers in that playoff game for Carolina a few years ago when he threw five picks and they lost to the Cardinals?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.