Dalton finishes with a lower QBR than Interceptions...has that ever happened?

Has any QB actually had a higher number of Interceptions than his Quarterback Rating in a game?

Dalton QB Rating 2.0

Dalton Interceptions 3

I was giving him this year to see if he could be the QB here, after 2 prime time games and 2 huge busts on national TV this season I am of the camp just like all the ESPN talking heads that the Bengals will never win a Super Bowl with Dalton as QB.

I was curious and wanted to go back if I could find any pre draft evaluations on Dalton and I found this gem.

This is from Todd McShay

"On Dalton: McShay has concerns about his size (6-foot-1) and ability to throw consistently in the "intermediate and vertical" areas of the field. But, he believes Dalton is worthy of a third or fourth-round pick because he could be brought along on the cheap and turned into a solid backup"

So he could be turned into a solid backup yet the Bengals make him their franchise QB. Sure glad they signed him to a new contract and didn't sign AJ to one.

Has any QB actually had a higher number of Interceptions than his Quarterback Rating in a game?

Dalton QB Rating 2.0

Dalton Interceptions 3

I was giving him this year to see if he could be the QB here, after 2 prime time games and 2 huge busts on national TV this season I am of the camp just like all the ESPN talking heads that the Bengals will never win a Super Bowl with Dalton as QB.

Has happened a number of times.

The two I remember watching were.

Ryan Leaf 09/20/1998 vs Chiefs. Completed 1 of 15 for 4 yards and 2 INTs - QBR 0.0

Rex Grossman 12/31/2006 vs Packers Completed 2 of 12 for 33 yards and 3 INTs - QBR 0.0

True. Don't know why they need two years to evaluate the obvious.

Now I'm with you. Look at his stats this year it is sickening. He's always had the "numbers" in his corner and a hungry young team playoff bound. Neither is happening this year.

The problem with Dalton is even if he is "good" he isn't going to carry a team.