2019 KY Player Rankings

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These kids are 8th graders, but my guess would be that a lot of them will be affected by the new AAU age based classifications, i.e. they can play 14 U ONLY IF they turned 14 after August 31, 2014. I will bet that if the AAU rules are enforced at KBA in the spring, the 14U state tournament teams will look much, much different than the 7th grade teams looked last year.

These kids are 8th graders, but my guess would be that a lot of them will be affected by the new AAU age based classifications, i.e. they can play 14 U ONLY IF they turned 14 after August 31, 2014. I will bet that if the AAU rules are enforced at KBA in the spring, the 14U state tournament teams will look much, much different than the 7th grade teams looked last year.

You are correct. Rode and Sizemore are both supposed to be Freshmen. I think Rode played 7th grade twice. He is an awesome player regardless.

Yes they will be affected this year. Both will play freshman this year and then play freshman again next year if they choose too. Sizemore has never heldback but is considered a holdback. He will still just be 18 his whole sr year. He will turn 19 after he graduates. I love the new rules in aau just wish they would have gave us more time to adjust to it.

You are correct. Rode and Sizemore are both supposed to be Freshmen. I think Rode played 7th grade twice. He is an awesome player regardless.

I suspect they are far from the only ones. And just to be completely forthright, Dante Allen is still just 13, so not only is he AAU compliant, he COULD stay back a year, as many of the others on that list have done, and be playing as a 7th grader, and he would still have this year AND five more years of high school eligibility remaining. It is all about which side of August 31 the birthday falls on.

Nice video Walter. Kids looks impressive and has great range.

Hey Dawg is the kid gonna be on the varsity squad? Only time our schools play each other is boy/girl varsity double header? Really hope I get to see him play.

I was told he will play varsity and be starting at some point this year, depending on how quick he comes along.

Sounds good.

Maybe it's just me but isn't it a little premature to be compiling a list like this? Some of these kids may not even be playing ball in kentucky by 2019 and what about the late bloomers? These kids are still in middle school and I'm not for one second doubting their ability and skill set I'm just thinking we can say the best eighth graders of 2014/2015 sound more appropriate than the best of 2019. IMHO.

Maybe im just nit picking but there just may very well be a kid at a gym right now that besides his teammates no one has ever heard of and maybe by 2019 will dominate Ky high school basketball. Point I'm tryin to make is its too early to throw that label at any kid that age and see if it sticks.

Hope that makes sense. :thumb:

I agree PB.

I don't like putting much stock in middle school ball because some kids develop quicker than others.

Perfect examples...Brenden Stanley of Boone has been close to the same size since middle school. He DOMINATED middle school and while still a good high school player, kids have caught up to him.

Jason Covington of Holmes is another example. In middle school him and a kid named Kenny Potter were considered two of the best players in NKY. ..the forgotten teammate??? A small, rail thin point guard by the name of James Beetle Bolden.

Now there are exceptions to the rule when you have a kid like Brandon Hatton or Quentin Snider who are getting jv and varsity clock as middle schoolers and still holding their own. If these kids fit in to that category, I have no problem with rankings like this. If we are going on strictly middle school ball, I agree the rankings are premature.

I agree PB.

I don't like putting much stock in middle school ball because some kids develop quicker than others.

Perfect examples...Brenden Stanley of Boone has been close to the same size since middle school. He DOMINATED middle school and while still a good high school player, kids have caught up to him.

Jason Covington of Holmes is another example. In middle school him and a kid named Kenny Potter were considered two of the best players in NKY. ..the forgotten teammate??? A small, rail thin point guard by the name of James Beetle Bolden.

Now there are exceptions to the rule when you have a kid like Brandon Hatton or Quentin Snider who are getting jv and varsity clock as middle schoolers and still holding their own. If these kids fit in to that category, I have no problem with rankings like this. If we are going on strictly middle school ball, I agree the rankings are premature.

Great post with perfect examples.