Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Caldwell County/Mayfield Predictions

Caldwell County at Mayfield Predictions 36 members have voted

  1. 1. Caldwell County at Mayfield Predictions

    • Caldwell County (9-0)
      47%
      17
    • Mayfield (8-1)
      52%
      19

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 37
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mayfield can get a passing game going I like our odds. I don't think CC has seen a defense this year as good as Mayfield's. I don't think CC will be able to completely shut us down be cause It looks like they have a suspect defense. I'm gonna go 28-21.....Cards

I like Mayfield in this one at home. I will agree that our passing game has to get going Friay night and we have to have as much height as possible in the defesive secondary to guard the pass. They are going to attack the mismatch as much as possible with the passing game. What do you do with a 6'8" reciever? Bacon is 6'3"-6'4"...so hes got to be out there somewhere on D. Bright will match you for speed but he is vulnerable height wise as a corner.

 

I think Sindelar is going to continue to try an throw the ball to make that state record as out of reach as possible for the next guy.

 

In the end...I say 42-35 Mayfield

How come we can't see who voted for whom on this poll?

I voted Caldwell Co 48-32. I believe Caldwell Co offence will score at ease but Mayfield is going to be a tuff challenge. Caldwell Co defence is much better than what people think. Caldwell has about 5 players who will give any team a hard time to defend

How come we can't see who voted for whom on this poll?

 

Wanted to give Mayfield fans a chance to vote Caldwell! :-)

I can't take anyone serious who thinks they can hold Caldwell to 21 points. Caldwell by 3 TDs

How come we can't see who voted for whom on this poll?

 

Personally, I think all polls should be private. Then you would a real feel for how people would predict a game!

I can't take anyone serious who thinks they can hold Caldwell to 21 points. Caldwell by 3 TDs

 

Mayfield appears to have a pretty good defense. Haven't see it but based on update and game threads they seem to keep them in games.

I can't take anyone serious who thinks they can hold Caldwell to 21 points. Caldwell by 3 TDs

 

Mayfield has a much better defense than Murray but I don't know if Mayfield can hold them to 21 points but I sure think they can beat them....and by the way I can't take any serious that thinks Caldwell wins by 21...get real

Going into the season I really thought we would get hammered by McCracken and Caldwell. After what I saw our guys do at McCracken, I don't think anybody will hammer us. Yeah, Caldwell may be the better team, but if it's still a game in the 4th I like our chances. Sindelar is a very good QB, but last year the 2 good defenses he played against he threw several interceptions and if I'm not mistaken he had a couple against Murray already this year. I think the Caldwell running game killed us last year, and our d has been solid against that so far this year. If we can force a few turnovers, and not give up big runs it will be an excellent game. If we allow the big running plays like last year....................well. I'm going with my Cards.............44-42. (Several field goals for Herndon)

I think the home winning streak ends with this game. Caldwell is just as good as last year, and despite the record, Mayfield is not. Sindelar will do it through the air and, when need be, with his feet taking off for his yards. Mayfield's only chance is to do what Murray does... pound the ball, move the chains and limit Caldwell posessions. I see the Tigers by a couple of scores. 42 to 28.

I think the home winning streak ends with this game. Caldwell is just as good as last year' date=' and despite the record, Mayfield is not. Sindelar will do it through the air and, when need be, with his feet taking off for his yards. Mayfield's only chance is to do what Murray does... pound the ball, move the chains and limit Caldwell posessions. I see the Tigers by a couple of scores. 42 to 28.[/quote']

Be carefull because there other mayfield fans on this site will call you a hater if you express any opinion that mayfield is not as good as they have been over the last several years.

If this game doesn't come down to the last couple of possessions I will be shocked. I'm thinking Caldwell 42-35.

 

Mayfield will be the best defense Caldwell has seen, but the Tigers haven't turned the ball over much. I think the starters only have 5-6 turnovers all year. Sindelar has thrown 3 picks, two against Christian and one against Murray. Two of those were his fault for poor decisions, but one was a ball his receiver fumbled into the defender's arms. However, there have been a couple that could/should have been picked, so that all evens out. (Not going to complain about a guy with a 39:3 TD/INT ratio :lol2:). However, if Mayfield could get a couple of turnovers, that could certainly swing the game the Cardinals' way.

 

I think Caldwell's passing game is much farther along than this time last year, but I don't know if the running game is as good. Boyd is still tough, but I'm not sure the Tigers run block as well as last year. This game will be a good test for that.

 

From what I can tell, Mayfield isn't as good offensively as last year, but the Bright kid is scary and the Cardinals will probably make some big plays. Everyone says Mayfield is better defensively this year. Speedy defenses usually give System offenses fits, so that will be an interesting matchup as well.

 

I think it's going to be a fun game and hopefully both teams will play well. I don't think a loss hurts either team at all, so both teams should throw everything they've got at the other and see how it turns out. This game should be a showcase for high school football, and hopefully both teams come out injury free. :thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.