Fire Dodd!!!! Fire Dodd!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dodd's coaching style amazes me because he never coaches; simple as that. From what i hear the way he treated Kasey Clark was not right at all. And the stuff he says in the paper also amazes me. This regional championship is the only reason why Dodd is back next year.

:confused: :confused:

It seems to me that a couple of weeks ago you were stirring the pot????:confused: I'm sure TubbyBall is being a bit fictitious and over the top but I think he just making a point that there were alot of Dodd haters out there just a couple of weeks ago and now it looks like he is on top of the world!!!

How was I stirring the pot? I never said anything about Dodd. I don't think there is anything wrong with his post, I just said there is a time and place for everything and the night of Russell winning the region is not the right time,IMO. I respect the man's coaching abilities. He a great X&O's coach, maybe the best around.IMO

The Red Devils do what is necassary to make their first trip to Rupp.Players sometimes win inspite of their coaches.A technical foul for not having a player in the book?!?!come on.That brillant TO with 1.5 seconds left at the end of the first qtr.Genius!!Down 17 we allow the opposing team to make 16 passes,finally deflect it then allow 13 more passes before fouling. The bright lights and big arena are no excuse teams just like Russell go to Rupp every year.To instill heart and character in your team you must have some first.

The Red Devils do what is necassary to make their first trip to Rupp.Players sometimes win inspite of their coaches.A technical foul for not having a player in the book?!?!come on.That brillant TO with 1.5 seconds left at the end of the first qtr.Genius!!Down 17 we allow the opposing team to make 16 passes,finally deflect it then allow 13 more passes before fouling. The bright lights and big arena are no excuse teams just like Russell go to Rupp every year.To instill heart and character in your team you must have some first.

So - how do you really feel, Daredevil? Should Dodd stay, or should he go?

Frances

Coach Dodd has earned all the Russell Respect...Yes, all fans, parents, kids, etc. make complaints, but maybe that made just a fraction of difference in Coach Dodd's will to win... He definitely has all Russell Fans praising him now. I listen to both sides and both sides are in agreement that he has done an awesome job molding these boys to win - last night and tonight. I don't think he is in a bad spot at all right now - both sides are in agreement. Plus those that complain are incredible people also, they complain because they care.

Gold Star, winning some basketball games( and even a region title) doesn't earn everyone's PRAISE and RESPECT. It is certainly exciting to win the region title and I am very happy for this team. However, the wins do not change the major issues that are present within our boy's basketball program.

I enthusiastically gave money after the region title to help pay for a well-deserved celebration dinner for our team. My support is for RHS, the players, and students. My support has nothing to do with being on or off the Steve Dodd bandwagon!!!

As you can hopefully surmise, my issues with our program are not tied into wins and losses. Therefore, saying that both sides are in agreement is INCORRECT. Both sides are excited to have won our first regional title in 34 years, but this does not make us in agreement.

Gold Star, winning some basketball games( and even a region title) doesn't earn everyone's PRAISE and RESPECT. It is certainly exciting to win the region title and I am very happy for this team. However, the wins do not change the major issues that are present within our boy's basketball program.

I enthusiastically gave money after the region title to help pay for a well-deserved celebration dinner for our team. My support is for RHS, the players, and students. My support has nothing to do with being on or off the Steve Dodd bandwagon!!!

As you can hopefully surmise, my issues with our program are not tied into wins and losses. Therefore, saying that both sides are in agreement is INCORRECT. Both sides are excited to have won our first regional title in 34 years, but this does not make us in agreement.

What are some of the complaints from those who aren't big Dodd supporters?

What are some of the complaints from those who aren't big Dodd supporters?

Out of respect to the program, I do not feel this is the appropriate place to discuss many of these issues. In addition, as a fan of BGP, I do not want to break any rules.

So - how do you really feel, Daredevil? Should Dodd stay, or should he go?

Francis thanks so much for asking.I think my subtle and not so subtle comments speak for themselves.As a long time Russell fan I only want whats best for the school system both athletically and academically.With the great success Russell has had in both these areas in 2006 I feel that it is time to get our boys varsity basketball program on the same page.

I also am a long time supporter of RHS.I am thrilled to death that Russell has finally made it back to the big dance afer 34 years. But the issues with this coach and his staff are far from over. I am amazed that this coach does not support his school or his players, not to play two seniors on senior night is a direct slap in the face of these boys that have worked their but off all year! He thinks he is above Russell High School and the basketball program. It is tme that the administration at Russell step up and hold the basketball coach to the same accountability it does with teachers and staff.

:thumb:

Agree: and take some of the asst. with him.

These coaches are not true Maroon & Gold. Slap in the face to the seniors that did not even get on the floor senior night. Heck the Senior ROTC students got on the floor more than these 2 students. The coach and asst. gotta go. They have been an embarassment to the school on the court and after hours also. If there HEART was in the right motive it would show in there every day life. You reap what you sow. The Dodd Squad was about the coach and his cronies not about the kids. Glad to see THEY made it to Rupp. But when you are held back from doing what you are capable of doing ?????? These kids are not idiots and nor are the parents. You just taught them that no matter how hard you try the politics game over rules. What goes around comes around.

As the saying goes: Scrub the Tub & Scramble the Squad

:fire: :fire: :fire:

:thumb:

Agree: and take some of the asst. with him.

These coaches are not true Maroon & Gold. Slap in the face to the seniors that did not even get on the floor senior night. Heck the Senior ROTC students got on the floor more than these 2 students. The coach and asst. gotta go. They have been an embarassment to the school on the court and after hours also. If there HEART was in the right motive it would show in there every day life. You reap what you sow. The Dodd Squad was about the coach and his cronies not about the kids. Glad to see THEY made it to Rupp. But when you are held back from doing what you are capable of doing ?????? These kids are not idiots and nor are the parents. You just taught them that no matter how hard you try the politics game over rules. What goes around comes around.

As the saying goes: Scrub the Tub & Scramble the Squad

:fire: :fire: :fire:

Are there any coaches in this region or state for that matter that you like???

Dear IDOC - You know I am one of your greatest fans. What I was referring to in my previous statements were that I think we have to agree that Coach Dodd allowed the boys to play team ball and that was the difference in our regional games. I understand there are still issues but I agree with you that BGP would not be the place to air any negatives before the state game. I know that you give great support to all sports at Russell and yes, you gave very euthusiastically to the dinner for the basketball team because you care about these kids....

and you have opinions about the basketball coaches simply because you care. I apologize if I made too broad of a statement. I just did not think Sunday and this week was the time to have a FIRE DODD Thread. I felt that the creator of that thread was looking for negative comments and I just did not think it was the right time to make negative statements with the team going to Rupp. I still stand by some of my thoughts, but if I have to keep my mouth closed to get to know and enjoy those boys then for me I have decided I will do that - remember, I left a game in tears because the boys were told to not talk to me ...I love those kids...I can handle respecting the coaches and have my relationships with the boys. I am not qualified to coach - but you are, so you have more say, plus you have had a personal involvement - But I do like to fund raise for them because I want them to have priviledges and have great camps. I appreciate you.:p

I also am a long time supporter of RHS.I am thrilled to death that Russell has finally made it back to the big dance afer 34 years. But the issues with this coach and his staff are far from over. I am amazed that this coach does not support his school or his players, not to play two seniors on senior night is a direct slap in the face of these boys that have worked their but off all year! He thinks he is above Russell High School and the basketball program. It is tme that the administration at Russell step up and hold the basketball coach to the same accountability it does with teachers and staff.
I agree with you that the four seniors should have started. I do appreciate the fact that he allowed all seniors to play on Rupp Arena tho. I also think that Milan Maddox has certainly shown that sitting on the bench did not hurt him-he hung in there when people were asking, "Why do you stay" He stayed because he was taught by two incredible parents to not be a quitter, and he had the love of an amazing uncle that sat on the bench and stood beside Coach Dodd's decisions, but Milan was the team player that the RHS pep club chanted his name above all others when he was put in the game. I think all BGP people should ask for a copy of Milan's letter to the team so that they can see the difference one team player made on the bench and not on the floor. He is loved by RHS deeply.