Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel 47 Barbourville 46

Featured Replies

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to Barbourville. I gave them about as much chance of knocking off SL as a team full of Jim Schues, and I'm eating my crow for that. They went down swinging, and SL was very worried, and are now very relieved. Barbourville folks should be very proud of how their kids played. They're hard-core fighters.

 

Congratulations to South on their return trip to Rupp.

I second that hats off to Barbourville and Dinky Phipps, a good coach and a good guy. And congratulations to Steve Wright and the Cards.

Corbin will be better next season....a year older and a few new faces....remember the region is at Corbin next season as well.....CONGRATS to South.....hope you bring the big trophy home to the 13th.....with Scott getting beat out, if they can win the first game then they have a chance..

 

 

What new faces?

I think the way South played without Allen for several stretches will give some teams some hope for next year, but I'm sure South will be picked No. 1 in the region again.

What new faces?

I think the way South played without Allen for several stretches will give some teams some hope for next year, but I'm sure South will be picked No. 1 in the region again.

Maybe, but even with Allen graduating, SL still brings back more talent than any other 13th Region team, and would be a clear favorite again.

Maybe, but even with Allen graduating, SL still brings back more talent than any other 13th Region team, and would be a clear favorite again.

 

 

No doubt. That's what I said.

 

You know them much better than me, so who starts along with Proffitt, Hammonds and Smith next year? It seems most of the reserves who played were seniors.

 

I haven't put together my top 10 for next year just yet, but I'm leaning toward Bell at No. 2. Jackson County will probably be in the top five.

Not knocking b'ville any, I couldn't go to the game (Work) but I heard it was a terriablly called game. I was told that Josh Riley got called for a over the back when no one was even in front of him. Call me crazy but if this is true it does not suprise me in the least bit.

 

Great season Barbourville, sorry ya'll couldn't go to state to you all definitally deserve too. GL South in the first round I will definitally be there.

 

Everytime South has a bad game or loses there is always a comment about the refs. It may have been a badly called game, but South won the game, so why even bring it up, get over it. It seems everything always comes back to the officiating , which may had been questionable, but it was very consistant throughout the tournament. Barbourville played there hearts out and almost pulled on the huge upset, that's the bottom line. Good luck to SL in the Sweet 16.

Everytime South has a bad game or loses there is always a comment about the refs. It may have been a badly called game, but South won the game, so why even bring it up, get over it. It seems everything always comes back to the officiating , which may had been questionable, but it was very consistant throughout the tournament. Barbourville played there hearts out and almost pulled on the huge upset, that's the bottom line. Good luck to SL in the Sweet 16.

 

 

 

Can you imagine how they (the Fans) would have complained if Barbourville had won?

 

South Laurel's kids and staff are good winners, gracious and sportmans like. They played hard and got the win. Great teams find a way to win when you are off your game, that is what SL did.

 

Barbourville played hard and came up just short...they are a credit to their parents, coaches and community, and in a bitter loss they handled themselves like men.

Not knocking b'ville any, I couldn't go to the game (Work) but I heard it was a terriablly called game. I was told that Josh Riley got called for a over the back when no one was even in front of him. Call me crazy but if this is true it does not suprise me in the least bit.

 

Great season Barbourville, sorry ya'll couldn't go to state to you all definitally deserve too. GL South in the first round I will definitally be there.

Riley was on the floor in front of the line and rolled it back across the line to Gooding. I think that is an over and back anywhere.

Riley was on the floor in front of the line and rolled it back across the line to Gooding. I think that is an over and back anywhere.

Over the back is what he said, not over and back.

No doubt. That's what I said.

 

You know them much better than me, so who starts along with Proffitt, Hammonds and Smith next year? It seems most of the reserves who played were seniors.

 

I haven't put together my top 10 for next year just yet, but I'm leaning toward Bell at No. 2. Jackson County will probably be in the top five.

 

I would expect their five to look like this:

G - Proffitt

G/F - Hammonds

C - Hibbard

F - Smith

G/F - Hamm or Conley

 

I would agree with you about Bell. Other likely top-five candidates would be Corbin, Jackson Co., Red Bird and I don't know after that. Most of the key teams were senior-heavy, so it seems like a mixed bag with many teams dependent on JV newcomers for success.

No doubt. That's what I said.

 

You know them much better than me, so who starts along with Proffitt, Hammonds and Smith next year? It seems most of the reserves who played were seniors.

 

I haven't put together my top 10 for next year just yet, but I'm leaning toward Bell at No. 2. Jackson County will probably be in the top five.

Don't forget about Pineville. Barbourville only beat them by 4 and 1 points this season, and they have the 6'6 Day back, plus the coaches son at the point. Their only problem will be depth, and they graduate a good one in Blake Hensley, he'll have to be replaced.

What new faces?

I think the way South played without Allen for several stretches will give some teams some hope for next year, but I'm sure South will be picked No. 1 in the region again.

 

I'm not certain who Mastermind is referring to, but Corbin had two promising freshman(French & Campbell who probably will start on the inside next year) who would have received varsity minutes sit out with injuries this year. They have 3 freshman to be who will come in and compete for varsity time next year also and it would not surprise me to see one of the three starting.

 

Other than rumors, that is all that I know.

I feel like Barbourville proved that they were the second best team in the region during this tournament. Hats off to Dinky and the Tigers!

South was favored by 11 if you go by Cantrall Ratings. Barbourville played their hearts out, but South showed why they are the defending champions. Thy took the Tigers' best punch and pulled out the win.

Congrats to both teams.

They better enjoy a few more days because they will hand the crown to somebody else shortly.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.