Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic 26 Boyle County 17

Featured Replies

I will have to say in watching Lex Cath play Boyle all these past years this is by far the best offense I've seen from LC , I've never seen a team run the ball over 40 times out of a 4 or 5 wide receiver set with no huddle, and with Boyle only rushing 3 it made running the ball easy for LC. I hope Boyle learns from this game so adjustments can be made in case they meet again. As for the officiating it was terrible.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will have to say in watching Lex Cath play Boyle all these past years this is by far the best offense I've seen from LC , I've never seen a team run the ball over 40 times out of a 4 or 5 wide receiver set with no huddle, and with Boyle only rushing 3 it made running the ball easy for LC. I hope Boyle learns from this game so adjustments can be made in case they meet again. As for the officiating it was terrible.

 

The officials did stink it up on. I thought both teams had some bad no calls. But Jack I remember reading about the OC not having a rhythm with the offense. I walked away impressed with what your Boyle County offense was doing. That 1st drive was the blueprint on beating LC. Drive was about 13 plays. Mix of run and pass. Killed about 8:50 of clock. And that 3rd down call was perfect, just a little overthrown. That's 7 points to start the game and silences the LC crowd. I already know that Smith will not allow that saw game plan on defense. I do feel this is the best offense for LC because you have to account for every player this season.

 

So Jack do you think he run blitzes more? Maybe stick an extra lineman in to crash? Or does he throw a safety down there and play with no safety help?

LEX like you said the first drive for Boyle was great,but after that Mason went to the Bone, and stayed in it for almost the rest of the game even after being falling behind 19 to 3. I'm not impressed with his play calling at all I'm one of several who thinks he needs to e replaced as OC. I'd love to have Chris Pardue back as OC for Boyle.

I think I repeatedly said in the prediction thread the LexCath was good for the upset. Don't bother checking, just take my word for it. You can trust me!

  • Author
LEX like you said the first drive for Boyle was great,but after that Mason went to the Bone, and stayed in it for almost the rest of the game even after being falling behind 19 to 3. I'm not impressed with his play calling at all I'm one of several who thinks he needs to e replaced as OC. I'd love to have Chris Pardue back as OC for Boyle.

 

Yeah Coach Mason was the one out there fumbling the ball multiple times and making silly penalties on the field.

Yeah Coach Mason was the one out there fumbling the ball multiple times and making silly penalties on the field.

 

You know what they say PP about opinions, and we've had this discussion before I know Mason is your hero but just because you think he does no wrong doesn't mean we all have to like him. As far as the officiating goes if you agree with the silly penalties that were called, and agreed with them you were the only one on the BC sideline that did.

LEX like you said the first drive for Boyle was great,but after that Mason went to the Bone, and stayed in it for almost the rest of the game even after being falling behind 19 to 3. I'm not impressed with his play calling at all I'm one of several who thinks he needs to e replaced as OC. I'd love to have Chris Pardue back as OC for Boyle.

 

Oh yeah of course. I mean Coach Pardue is amazing coach. Just look how well he doing this season as well as how many titles he has won since leaving the Rebels. I like Coach Pardue and what he did for the Rebel program but what does he have to offer that Mason does not?

 

The first thing that you guys have to realize is that it is not 2003 anymore. We do not have Jacob Tamme, Brandon Smith, Quinn Givhan and all of those skill guys. None of our players are of that Caliber at this point. We have good Athletes. We cant base our present off our past.

 

Secondly, Bad play calling by Coach Mason? Really? You said we ran the bone the whole game. So what is your issue with that? We ran that same formation all season and it worked then. Why wouldn't it not work now? Oh, you forget that Bad Execution is worse than bad play calling. If a play is not executed correctly then it will always be a bad play call. That's for any play in the whole book. If a Guard misses his down block or something then its a badly executed play. But for some reason, you guys blame it on the coach . To me, a play call is never a bad one if it is done correctly.

 

Finally, Coach Mason is the longest tenured coach on the staff. Thats not counting Coach Smith because he left for a decade. Nearly 20 years as coach at Boyle County. You know if I coached somewhere for 20 years, then clearly I must know what I am doing. As well as, since he is still there.. he must know how to win too. He has the most rings as a coach out of everyone on that staff. Clearly his play calling is not bad.

Oh yeah of course. I mean Coach Pardue is amazing coach. Just look how well he doing this season as well as how many titles he has won since leaving the Rebels. I like Coach Pardue and what he did for the Rebel program but what does he have to offer that Mason does not?

 

The first thing that you guys have to realize is that it is not 2003 anymore. We do not have Jacob Tamme, Brandon Smith, Quinn Givhan and all of those skill guys. None of our players are of that Caliber at this point. We have good Athletes. We cant base our present off our past.

 

Secondly, Bad play calling by Coach Mason? Really? You said we ran the bone the whole game. So what is your issue with that? We ran that same formation all season and it worked then. Why wouldn't it not work now? Oh, you forget that Bad Execution is worse than bad play calling. If a play is not executed correctly then it will always be a bad play call. That's for any play in the whole book. If a Guard misses his down block or something then its a badly executed play. But for some reason, you guys blame it on the coach . To me, a play call is never a bad one if it is done correctly.

 

Finally, Coach Mason is the longest tenured coach on the staff. Thats not counting Coach Smith because he left for a decade. Nearly 20 years as coach at Boyle County. You know if I coached somewhere for 20 years, then clearly I must know what I am doing. As well as, since he is still there.. he must know how to win too. He has the most rings as a coach out of everyone on that staff. Clearly his play calling is not bad.

 

First of all I'm not attacking Mason's character I'm sure he's a first class guy, but Look guys it does not matter how much you defend his play calling there's a lot of people who doesn't like it and I'm sorry that upsets you but I have my opinion like everyone else. Now I'm done with this conversation.

  • Author
You know what they say PP about opinions, and we've had this discussion before I know Mason is your hero but just because you think he does no wrong doesn't mean we all have to like him. As far as the officiating goes if you agree with the silly penalties that were called, and agreed with them you were the only one on the BC sideline that did.

 

And just because you hate Coach Mason doesn't mean he deserves all of the blame. Red zone penalties and turnovers have plagued us all season long. Not just this game either so whenever you want to start holding the players accountable as well feel free to let me know.

  • Author
First of all I'm not attacking Mason's character I'm sure he's a first class guy, but Look guys it does not matter how much you defend his play calling there's a lot of people who doesn't like it and I'm sorry that upsets you but I have my opinion like everyone else. Now I'm done with this conversation.

 

Everybody always knows more than the coaches. :lol2: :lol2:

And just because you hate Coach Mason doesn't mean he deserves all of the blame. Red zone penalties and turnovers have plagued us all season long. Not just this game either so whenever you want to start holding the players accountable as well feel free to let me know.

 

To set the record straight I don't hate Mason I just don't like his play calling, don't put words in my mouth.

  • Author
To set the record straight I don't hate Mason I just don't like his play calling, don't put words in my mouth.

 

 

 

 

:rolleyes: My bad. Just because you don't like his play calling doesn't mean he deserves all of the blame. Red zone penalties and turnovers have plagued us all season long. Not just this game either so whenever you want to start holding the players accountable feel free to let me know.

Some stats (courtesy of WLSTATS):

 

First downs: BC - 17, LC - 26

Rushes-yards (net): BC 42-245, LC 43-245

Passing yards (net): BC - 92, LC - 172

Passes (Att-Comp-Int): BC 20-7-1 LC 23-17-0

Total offense: BC - 337, LC - 417

Fumbles-lost: BC 4-2, LC - 2-2

Penalties-Yards: BC 6-51, LC 6-52

Posession Time: BC 25:37, LC 21:44

Third Down Conv: BC 5 of 12, LC 8 of 14

Forth Down Conv: BC 2 of 4, LC 3 of 4

Red Zone Scores-Chances: BC 2-3, LC 1-1

Pretty dang even just looking at stats. But that may not tell the tale.

 

LC had quite a bit better passing success.

LC had 11 3rd and 4th down conversions vs. 7 for Boyle

Boyle had 1 more giveaway

 

 

For those in attendance what was the difference in the game? One or all of the above? Or something else that doesn't show up in the stat sheet?

  • Author
Pretty dang even just looking at stats. But that may not tell the tale.

 

LC had quite a bit better passing success.

LC had 11 3rd and 4th down conversions vs. 7 for Boyle

Boyle had 1 more giveaway

 

 

For those in attendance what was the difference in the game? One or all of the above? Or something else that doesn't show up in the stat sheet?

 

What stands out to me is that LC threw the ball 23 times and completed 17 passes. There aren't many teams that Boyle is going to see that throws the ball like LC does. When LC is that efficient passing the ball against Boyle then there are going to be problems. This year LC has a RB in Jones that is capable of running against the Boyle defense. If LC is allowed to throw and run the ball with the efficiency that they did then they will cause problems for the Rebels. Add in the 2 lost fumbles and the untimely redzone penalties for Boyle and there you have it.

:rolleyes: My bad. Just because you don't like his play calling doesn't mean he deserves all of the blame. Red zone penalties and turnovers have plagued us all season long. Not just this game either so whenever you want to start holding the players accountable feel free to let me know.

 

He doesn't desereve all the blame the turnovers hurt us, and the officials

didn't do us any favors plus their need to be defensive adjustments against a team like Lex Catch.I made a comment about play calling and it was blown out of proportion. IMO the play calling handicaps us because Mason wants to run the ball to much we need more balance like the first drive of the game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.