Where will O.J. Mayo end up?

Marshall doesnt get enough Prime Time TV for a player to turn pro after one year. He should go to a major basketball conference for the exposure.

It doesn't matter when it comes to Mayo. I'm sure LeBron's high school didn't have any Prime Time TV before he got there but they did after his explosion on the scene, as a HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER. It makes no difference where he went, he could go to North Dakota College of Bowling and still be a superstar across the nation. He is that good and he is as highly sought after as LeBron, and then some.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter when it comes to Mayo. I'm sure LeBron's high school didn't have any Prime Time TV before he got there but they did after his explosion on the scene, as a HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER. It makes no difference where he went, he could go to North Dakota College of Bowling and still be a superstar across the nation. He is that good and he is as highly sought after as LeBron, and then some.

If this is true this thread is useless. I agree he is highly touted but going to Marshall and not performing well would kill the NBA dreams. Going to the Globetrotters would be stupid and probably kill his progress as well. He must go to a big university. All these Prop 48 kids who were phenoms in high school only never to be heard of again, due to lack of exposure. We live in a "what have you done for me lately" environment.

If this is true this thread is useless. I agree he is highly touted but going to Marshall and not performing well would kill the NBA dreams. Going to the Globetrotters would be stupid and probably kill his progress as well. He must go to a big university. All these Prop 48 kids who were phenoms in high school only never to be heard of again, due to lack of exposure. We live in a "what have you done for me lately" environment.

It's not useless because he has to go somewhere for a year. I know he'll eventually be a pro, I was asking people where they tought he would spend that year. College, Globetrotters, NBDL, Where? He's not your typical high schooler wanting to turn pro. This type of athlete comes around very rarely: Garnett, Byrant, James. I don't think he worries about not performing well because he's that good. I would think that if he was concerned about it, he would be more concerned about playing at a big school in a major conference than he would be at a mid-major in a small conference with less competition. I would be anyway. But I think he would want to show everyone that the hype is legit by playing the best. This kid WILL be a superstar.

I don't think he worries about not performing well because he's that good. I would think that if he was concerned about it, he would be more concerned about playing at a big school in a major conference than he would be at a mid-major in a small conference with less competition. I would be anyway. But I think he would want to show everyone that the hype is legit by playing the best. This kid WILL be a superstar.
That could all be true, but I don't know that Mayo calls the shots ...

"Any" ... as in all of them? We'll see. I suspect it could be more of an issue than you think.

Yes......ANY. I think if he decides to go to college, he will have the pick of the litter. With the pressure to win and win now, nobody will turn him away. You'd be crazy to turn this kid away. JMO

I suspect that Mayo's entourage, the circus atmosphere that accompanies it, and the likelihood that he and Walker will be packaged together may turn off some potential suitors.

I'll still be surprised if Mayo plays college ball, even if he wants to ... I don't think he necessarily gets to make the final decision, and that's a shame.

I am sorry but O J Mayo is no LeBron James.

I think he will go with Hugs....he and Walker. It is a formality... I mean seriously... I don't think he will take any team to the NCAA final four because it is a team game and not 1 or 2 players can take a program that far. Just My Opinion....

Hugs will announce he is taking the UNLV job and that is where Mayo and Walker will go.... mark this down.

I am sorry but O J Mayo is no LeBron James.

I think he will go with Hugs....he and Walker. It is a formality... I mean seriously... I don't think he will take any team to the NCAA final four because it is a team game and not 1 or 2 players can take a program that far. Just My Opinion....

Hugs will announce he is taking the UNLV job and that is where Mayo and Walker will go.... mark this down.

Bob was on Campus in Sin City yesterday... :sssh:

Hugs loves Vegas... in general. I can see him fitting in there and like the Post said today.... Lon Kruger will move on to ASU...leaving the vacancy.

ASU is onterested in Bob as well, but it's a lot less likely than UNLV at this point. The thought of Huggs in Vegas is ironic at worst...