September 22, 201412 yr Thank goodness that game didn't end with Peyton Manning snatching a tie on the road away from a sure Seahawks victory because ties are boring right? NFL OT is dumb.
September 22, 201412 yr Let me say this and I mean it... I absolutely hate the Seattle Seahawks. They are my least favorite team in all of professional sports.
September 22, 201412 yr I am not a Broncos fan, but even I felt the injustice of Manning not being able to answer that OT score. The most important play of an NFL OT is the COIN TOSS!!!!!! Stupid!!!!!
September 22, 201412 yr The Broncos Defense had plenty of opportunity to stop the Seahawks. Couldn't even hold them to a field goal. Can't get a stop on the most important drive of the game, you don't deserve a chance on offense. And I say that with Peyton Manning as my starting QB (in an extremely close matchup this week) and as someone would thoroughly enjoys watching the Broncos.
September 22, 201412 yr The Broncos Defense had plenty of opportunity to stop the Seahawks. Couldn't even hold them to a field goal. Can't get a stop on the most important drive of the game, you don't deserve a chance on offense. And I say that with Peyton Manning as my starting QB (in an extremely close matchup this week) and as someone would thoroughly enjoys watching the Broncos. This. They let the Seahawks drive 80 yards and not only score but score a TD. Not to mention the Broncos had 60 mins of football to win it before the OT.
September 22, 201412 yr I am not a Broncos fan, but even I felt the injustice of Manning not being able to answer that OT score. The most important play of an NFL OT is the COIN TOSS!!!!!! Stupid!!!!! Disagree. The most important play is giving up a touchdown.
September 22, 201412 yr I am not a Broncos fan, but even I felt the injustice of Manning not being able to answer that OT score. The most important play of an NFL OT is the COIN TOSS!!!!!! Stupid!!!!! The Seahawks drove 80 yards on 13 plays in OT. How was the coin toss the most important again?
September 22, 201412 yr This will be another example for those that hate the NFL OT rules. Count me among those who don't mind the NFL OT rules. The NCAA rules, on the other hand...
September 22, 201412 yr Author Disagree. The most important play is giving up a touchdown. And the Seahawks had just given one up rather easily at the end of regulation. Instead of rewarding the Broncos for that, they were punished by the fates. Any argument in favor of deciding games by a coin flip is foolishness. Regular season OT in general is foolishness, but I'll let that just sit out there for now.
September 22, 201412 yr And the Seahawks had just given one up rather easily at the end of regulation. Instead of rewarding the Broncos for that, they were punished by the fates. Any argument in favor of deciding games by a coin flip is foolishness. Regular season OT in general is foolishness, but I'll let that just sit out there for now. We will just have to agree to disagree. When the coin flip automatically awards a touchdown, then I'm with you.:thumb:
September 22, 201412 yr Author We will just have to agree to disagree. When the coin flip automatically awards a touchdown, then I'm with you.:thumb: If it were basketball and it was the same players on both offense and defense then maybe I'd agree with you. But have this coin flip and in most cases (about 60 percent of OT games have been won by the team winning the toss in the last 20 years) we're instantly taking half of each team out of the game. What's the point of that? I didn't watch that game to see the Broncos play defense. I watched it to see Peyton Manning. After watching him lead an amazing one-minute drive to tie the game, I was robbed of a chance to see him win it by a rule that took the ball out of his hands.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.