Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights 34 Newport Central Catholic 13

Featured Replies

The BREDS offensive line is Horrible, especially the right side. I've been saying it since game one, changes on offensive the line need to be made!! They have got to either move some guys around or better yet, find some guys, on the sideline, who want to play and put them in. Way too many players acting like they don't want to be there. A few just standing around watching the QB get hit, time and time and time again. Henschen is getting better every week, and still needs to get rid of the ball a little quicker, but dang, the line hass got to block and give him some time to throw the ball. I mean, come on, NO BLOCKING. No way NCC makes it back to Bowling Green with the line they have now.

 

Look internet tough guy, please try using constructive words like struggled, need work, need to get better, things like this, remember the players read these boards, and they are only high school kids, not college or pro's. which is a whole different ball game. It's clear you don't have any kids playing high school sports, thank GOD, but try and be a little more constructive on these boards, please, remember the players are trying there best, and sometimes it's tough. thank you. BTW NCC line isn't horrible, they'll be fine in district play, best of luck to the Breds.

  • Replies 90
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NCC has played a tough schedule. The only game I think is out of line was the Cooper score but they were trying to piece things together at QB at that time so that makes a little more sense. I expect them cruise through NKY 2A without any threat at all.

NCC has played a tough schedule. The only game I think is out of line was the Cooper score but they were trying to piece things together at QB at that time so that makes a little more sense. I expect them cruise through NKY 2A without any threat at all.

 

I do think Lloyd will test them, but still think NCC will win.

There is definitely things NCC can work on, I agree the line just needs a little more work. But again, they were playing much bigger schools and they will not see that same size line in any district games. I'm sure 99.9% of us on here are parents and yes we are a little disappointed, but let's not forget when we are in the stands expressing our frustration we are in the stands among other parents not our kids. I know my son is frustrated but he also knows they were playing a much tougher schedule than any 2 A school in our district. Let's remain positive when we are discussing them, let them

Know we are behind them. They are very smart young men, who will get it together but they need to know we know that. Opinions are valuable and they are yours to have but try wearing their shoes, if we know they are on here reading this we don't look any better than some other poster on here we all know. Good things will come to the Breds now that part of the suicidal schedule is over and then we can all see it paid off.

There is definitely things NCC can work on, I agree the line just needs a little more work. But again, they were playing much bigger schools and they will not see that same size line in any district games. I'm sure 99.9% of us on here are parents and yes we are a little disappointed, but let's not forget when we are in the stands expressing our frustration we are in the stands among other parents not our kids. I know my son is frustrated but he also knows they were playing a much tougher schedule than any 2 A school in our district. Let's remain positive when we are discussing them, let them

Know we are behind them. They are very smart young men, who will get it together but they need to know we know that. Opinions are valuable and they are yours to have but try wearing their shoes, if we know they are on here reading this we don't look any better than some other poster on here we all know. Good things will come to the Breds now that part of the suicidal schedule is over and then we can all see it paid off.

 

Good post sportsfan2012, best of luck to your Breds going forward.

Edited by Randy Parker

 

Look internet tough guy, please try using constructive words like struggled, need work, need to get better, things like this, remember the players read these boards, and they are only high school kids, not college or pro's. which is a whole different ball game. It's clear you don't have any kids playing high school sports, thank GOD, but try and be a little more constructive on these boards, please, remember the players are trying there best, and sometimes it's tough. thank you. BTW NCC line isn't horrible, they'll be fine in district play, best of luck to the Breds.

 

For your information I am not a guy, I'm a lady. And I do have kids playing high school football as well as college football. I sit in the stands every week and I call as I see it. Like I said before that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Everyone has their own opinion, and their entitled to it also. No need to be upset. If someone doesn't like what I post, they don't have to read it. Again, like I said before I was responding to a question asked by Lawnboy. If someone is offended, so be it, I won't apologize for stating my opinion.

For your information I am not a guy, I'm a lady. And I do have kids playing high school football as well as college football. I sit in the stands every week and I call as I see it. Like I said before that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Everyone has their own opinion, and their entitled to it also. No need to be upset. If someone doesn't like what I post, they don't have to read it. Again, like I said before I was responding to a question asked by Lawnboy. If someone is offended, so be it, I won't apologize for stating my opinion.

 

You are missing ( WHOLE ) the point, I do not believe you have kids playing high school sports either, but my point is, there are other ways to be critical of high schools players. Then saying they are horrible, terrible, awful, try using works such as need improvement, need to develop, get better, keep working, these are constructive words which aren't received by high school players as hurtful, and degrading, Remember these are 15-18 year old's kids, not adults. I agree with free speech, but why all the venom, and ill will?

 

You are missing ( WHOLE ) the point, I do not believe you have kids playing high school sports either, but my point is, there are other ways to be critical of high schools players. Then saying they are horrible, terrible, awful, try using works

such as need improvement, need to develop, get better, keep working, these are constructive words which aren't received by high school players as hurtful, and degrading, Remember these are 15-18 year old's kids, not adults. I agree with free speech, but why all the venom, and ill will? Grow up.

 

Believe what you want those on here that know me know I have kids playing high school and college football. Your the one running your mouth saying "Thank God" that I don't have kids playing high school sports. Not that I need to explain myself to you, but Lawnboy can vouch that I have kids playing high school football and college football. Ya, maybe I could have used a different term than horrible, but the fact remains the line needs work!!!! No venom or ill will from me. I'm not the one with the personal attack. I am grown and if me voicing my opinion bothers you, then don't read it. Btw, I thank God everyday!!

Believe what you want those on here that know me know I have kids playing high school and college football. Your the one running your mouth saying "Thank God" that I don't have kids playing high school sports. Not that I need to explain myself to you, but Lawnboy can vouch that I have kids playing high school football and college football. Ya, maybe I could have used a different term than horrible, but the fact remains the line needs work!!!! No venom or ill will from me. I'm not the one with the personal attack. I am grown and if me voicing my opinion bothers you, then don't read it. Btw, I thank God everyday!!

 

Ok, you have kids playing high schools and college sports, congrats, so you should know how harmful words can be to these young developing sports players. again my point is, I would just like to see you use better wording in your post, no hard feelings the best to your kids and there sports careers. We can agree to disagree.

Question: When does everyone get their trophy?

 

??? What does getting trophy's, and using negative words toward 15-18 year old high school kids on this message board have to do with each other, would love to hear it.

You are missing ( WHOLE ) the point, I do not believe you have kids playing high school sports either, but my point is, there are other ways to be critical of high schools players. Then saying they are horrible, terrible, awful, try using works such as need improvement, need to develop, get better, keep working, these are constructive words which aren't received by high school players as hurtful, and degrading, Remember these are 15-18 year old's kids, not adults. I agree with free speech, but why all the venom, and ill will?

 

High school & college football...........Trust me, she does!!!

So who are the kids that should be playing that are not? Seems like onespirited fan might be upset that her son is not getting the minutes he may or may not deserve.

I will echo the comments by others above on the line play. The left side of Dixie's defensive line is very good and will make most teams' right side o-line look bad.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.