Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights 34 Newport Central Catholic 13

Featured Replies

So it sounds like the offensive line should have limited Dixie to less than 34 points?

 

You guys do realize these are high school kids that read these threads and saying they are horrible is irresponsible IMO. Think of your kid being part of that line before you type behind your screen name. Just sayin

 

High School sports is not about you "has beens" or fans that never stepped foot on the field or if you did put a uniform on it was to keep you warm on the sidelines. It's about the kids who bust their butts in practice and try their best on Friday night. Or the coaches who devote their time away from their families to shape these young men. Stay positive and encourage these boys dont continue to bash them.

 

This is a public forum to discuss our opinions, and I call it how I see it. We all have our own distinct style on this site, and that's what makes it so good. I think some folks (and I don't mean you Q) are "thinned skinned". It would get really boring if all we read was the "rainbows and butterflies" of being "politically correct". If the players are reading this then they are getting a better version of the 'bad" from me, compared to what I hear from some of the players own parents. I (as well as the parents) appreciated what these players and coaches go through on a weekly basis, but I'll be damned if I'm going to hold back MY OPINION.

 

BTW, there is no hiding behind a screen name for me, since everyone knows who I am.

  • Replies 90
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I realize these kids bust their butts, however when you have kids standing around when their QB is getting hit, constantly, something has to be done. I've watched every Newcath game and the line is horrible. Say what you want, but that is a fact. Although coaches have told the players NOT to get on these sites, I realize some do, and if they aren't getting on here I'm sure their parents are and letting them know what is said. I sit in the stands and hear all those parents of these kids yelling and complaining about the non-existing blocking. If what I wrote bothers them, then they need to step up and do their job on the field. It's not about whether I played, stood on the sideline, or just wore a uniform, it's about the fact that some kids on the team bust their butts at practice and yet stand on the sideline watching their line get beat constantly. You have kids out there yelling at their line because they're not blocking. There is way too much arguing, yelling and bickering going on between these players and coaches, and someone needs to step up and put a stop to it. I feel bad for the guys out there on the field that worked their butts off. Guys like Hoover & Lawrence, they were beast out there.

 

TRUE.

 

For those of you not happy with what I or onespiritedfan are saying, this is a game by game occurrence. Although I have never seen arguing among the coaches.

 

This is a public forum to discuss our opinions, and I call it how I see it. We all have our own distinct style on this site, and that's what makes it so good. I think some folks (and I don't mean you Q) are "thinned skinned". It would get really boring if all we read was the "rainbows and butterflies" of being "politically correct". If the players are reading this then they are getting a better version of the 'bad" from me, compared to what I hear from some of the players own parents. I (as well as the parents) appreciated what these players and coaches go through on a weekly basis, but I'll be damned if I'm going to hold back MY OPINION.

 

BTW, there is no hiding behind a screen name for me, since everyone knows who I am.

 

Well said Lawnboy. I don't hid behind my screen name. I was giving my opinion to the question posted by Lawnboy, regarding if the Newcath line is really that bad or of they are just going up against a bigger better group of players. Anything that I have said, I've said in public, and if asked my opinion, I would repeat it. Some on here know who I am, some don't. I pay my $20, just like everyone else on here and I'm not sugar coating anything. With that being said, I wish the BREDS good luck the rest of the year. I hope changes are made and they represent at State game in Bowling Green in December.

 

TRUE.

 

For those of you not happy with what I or onespiritedfan are saying, this is a game by game occurrence. Although I have never seen arguing among the coaches.

 

I hate to say it, but I've witnessed it at the Copper game as well as the Campbell County game. Not sure if it was a difference of opinion or just the heat of the moment, but it was obvious at the Cooper game, with the Newcath sideline close to the stands.

How would you suggest?

First by playing kids who want to play each week. Sick of hearing kids play because they are seniors or because they are bigger than other players. Play your best 11 on both sides of the ball. Shouldn't matter what grade they are in. i believe 42 & 24 have earned spots along with a few others. Some have played themselves out of positions. Time to make the necessary changes and get to work in district play. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!

Well said Lawnboy. I don't hid behind my screen name. I was giving my opinion to the question posted by Lawnboy, regarding if the Newcath line is really that bad or of they are just going up against a bigger better group of players. Anything that I have said, I've said in public, and if asked my opinion, I would repeat it. Some on here know who I am, some don't. I pay my $20, just like everyone else on here and I'm not sugar coating anything. With that being said, I wish the BREDS good luck the rest of the year. I hope changes are made and they represent at State game in Bowling Green in December.

 

Amen, especially the bolded.

A few that I talked to during the game were wondering why Austin Neff wasn't in until I think the 2nd half????? He played one hell of a game against Campbell Co.

Seth Caple led the Colonels with two catches for 69 yards.

 

That's pretty impressive since he was standing next to me on the sideline lol. I never saw him leave to make a single catch.

I think Its okay to question Team play but to single out kids or specific sides of the line is just something I dont agree with. I certainly dont want to Read that everything is peachy in pleasantville but there is a Fine line. JMO.

 

I understand the chatter in the stands is probably much worse. Maybe everyone needs to take a step back and decide If the criticism is really Worth it. Its High School Football for goodness sake.

I think Its okay to question Team play but to single out kids or specific sides of the line is just something I dont agree with. I certainly dont want to Read that everything is peachy in pleasantville but there is a Fine line. JMO.

 

I understand the chatter in the stands is probably much worse. Maybe everyone needs to take a step back and decide If the criticism is really Worth it. Its High School Football for goodness sake.

 

I understand where your coming from, however when watching the game and you can see almost every time that the QB is sacked. It's from the right side of the line. Experienced players getting pushed around, other team using the swim move, come on. That's not just because the other team is bigger, Newcath also has big guys. If anyone is offended then maybe they should start doing their job on the field. Just my opinion.

My opinion is simple! These are kids period. And yes I agree, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm sure the parents are sitting in the stands speaking their frustration but my guess is when their son comes home, they don't start pointing fingers at their teammates and if they are shame on them. Kids do read these blogs whether they are supposed to or not. This is a blog where you get in here talking about the game not to call certain kids out. U might as well say their names. It's ridiculous. The boys losing couldn't be because they we're out sized and out maned could it be?? The line has to get better to make it to Bowling Green, the QB has to get rid of the ball quicker, there are some things to fix but I'm pretty positive now they are playing teams their size NCC will be just fine.

My opinion is simple! These are kids period. And yes I agree, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm sure the parents are sitting in the stands speaking their frustration but my guess is when their son comes home, they don't start pointing fingers at their teammates and if they are shame on them. Kids do read these blogs whether they are supposed to or not. This is a blog where you get in here talking about the game not to call certain kids out. U might as well say their names. It's ridiculous. The boys losing couldn't be because they we're out sized and out maned could it be?? The line has to get better to make it to Bowling Green, the QB has to get rid of the ball quicker, there are some things to fix but I'm pretty positive now they are playing teams their size NCC will be just fine.

 

Agree

 

We will finally see how the 1st 4 games against bigger opponents have prepared the Breds, and coming out of those games just about injury free, I'm thinking we see a reversal in the outcome of games.

I dont think its a matter of how bad NCC right side of the line is. Dixie is just very big and strong on the D-line. NT 6'4 280 DE 6'3 235, muti others also play 6'5 230..6'0 250.. Just ask beachwood...

 

For what it is worth, coming from a "girl" , autopart101 is dead on. The Dixie d line is just that good. They are very conditioned.... Big and fast. Beechwood's QB scrambled the whole game. That doesn't mean the o line isn't trying for Beechwood or New Cath, it just means Dixie is that good. Don't get discouraged, these games will only help these two teams prepare for the better, tougher teams in their divisions.

For what it is worth, coming from a "girl" , autopart101 is dead on. The Dixie d line is just that good. They are very conditioned.... Big and fast. Beechwood's QB scrambled the whole game. That doesn't mean the o line isn't trying for Beechwood or New Cath, it just means Dixie is that good. Don't get discouraged, these games will only help these two teams prepare for the better, tougher teams in their divisions.

 

You are spot on young lady, well said! Great post!!!

My opinion is simple! These are kids period. And yes I agree, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm sure the parents are sitting in the stands speaking their frustration but my guess is when their son comes home, they don't start pointing fingers at their teammates and if they are shame on them. Kids do read these blogs whether they are supposed to or not. This is a blog where you get in here talking about the game not to call certain kids out. U might as well say their names. It's ridiculous. The boys losing couldn't be because they we're out sized and out maned could it be?? The line has to get better to make it to Bowling Green, the QB has to get rid of the ball quicker, there are some things to fix but I'm pretty positive now they are playing teams their size NCC will be just fine.

 

Well said!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.