Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sweet 16 Trivia

Featured Replies

Without looking it up, who was the first integrated school to play in the Sweet 16 and what year was that in? If you don't want to guess the school, you can guess the region.

  • Author

Without looking it up, who leads the Sweet 16 for rebounds in a single tournament?

  • Author

Without looking it up, who is the career assists leader for Sweet 16 games?

I thought this thread was about me

Without looking it up, who leads the Sweet 16 for rebounds in a single tournament?

 

Either King Kelly or Van Hoose is my guess

Without looking it up, who leads the Sweet 16 for rebounds in a single tournament?

 

Larry Stamper from Beatyville. Had like 99 I a 3 game appearance.

  • Author
I thought this thread was about me

 

1,000 point question: what is Sweet16's favorite breakfast food?

Larry Stamper from Beatyville. Had like 99 I a 3 game appearance.

 

 

In the 1968 14th regional tourney Larry had 72 rebounds and 99 points in 3 games. He had 38 rebounds against Powell Co in a regular game. His Junior year was when they went to state tourney and got beat in OT on Saturday morning. That is when UK saw him and offered him a scollly.

Without looking it up, who was the first integrated school to play in the Sweet 16 and what year was that in? If you don't want to guess the school, you can guess the region.

 

I'd guess it was either a Louisville school or a NKY school, but I absolutely have no idea.

Without looking it up, who was the first integrated school to play in the Sweet 16 and what year was that in? If you don't want to guess the school, you can guess the region.

 

I think it may have been Corbin. Around 1955.

I think it may have been Corbin. Around 1955.

 

I would be shocked, not saying that is wrong...but it would be shocking!

I would be shocked, not saying that is wrong...but it would be shocking!

 

Same here.

My guess would be Breckenridge County in the 60's? (Butch Beard?)

I understand the skepticism, but I am fairly certain it was a team that would surprise most people. It might not be Corbin, but it definitely is a team from Eastern Kentucky. If not Corbin, perhaps Hazard?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.