Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 66 Anderson Co. 42

Featured Replies

I was kind of worried on how this one would turn out...but looks like I had nothing to worry about.

So who/when do we play next...or is that not determined yet?

  • Author
So who/when do we play next...or is that not determined yet?

Friday, against Oldham Co., who beat us earlier by 5 at there place. Let's roll!:cool:

Congrats to Coach Steiner and the boys!

The semi's will be tough against OC, hopefully my boys can pull it out so I can attend at least one more game.

Wow! I just got back home from attending the game. I am amazed by Mike Hester's play tonight. Anderson County had two sometimes three guys chasing him. Mike threw down 22 points and had several steals and probably around 5 assists. Anderson stayed close in the first quarter then Sk slowly began to widen their lead. The last time I looked up and remembered the score it was SK 65 Anderson 35. Sk was able to play a lot of players tonight. Anderson had several players foul out tonight. They were a second late and a step short all night! Congratulations Pioneers on their first 8th regional win!!:thumb:

 

The Shelby County people I was sitting next to were really surprised that SK won so handily. They said Anderson played them tough this season! SK gets to keep their uniforms and practice two days before the rematch with Oldham County.

Thanks for the report fan. I thought we would win but I surely didn't think we'd win by 20+ tonight.

GREAT GAME SK!!! I think it will be a different outcome this Friday than the last time we played them.

The game was very physical and the ref's let a lot go. Sk seemed poised and still played a great game. Anderson lost their cool and it was all over from there.

The game was very physical and the ref's let a lot go. Sk seemed poised and still played a great game. Anderson lost their cool and it was all over from there.
Good assessment.

I don't think I've ever seen a game where one team (Anderson) tried so hard to take 1 kid out of his game. It seemed like an obsession to get Hester out of the game, or off his game. Anderson ran 3 different kids at him, shadowing his every move anywhere on the court. Getting in his face, pushing, and tripping. Hester kept his cool. I haven't seen Anderson play this year before this game, but it seemed they put so much emphasis on Hester that it hurt them playing a regular game.

Congrats to Steiner and the team for their first 8th region win....lets not stop here!! I really wish I could go and watch the game Friday but I am getting back surgery that morning. So the Pioneers are gonna have to pull this one out so I can go to the next one depending on when it is. I have been to every game this year except for this one coming up. And SK has improved in some category every game. Seems like they are coming on to their game at the right time.

I don't think I've ever seen a game where one team (Anderson) tried so hard to take 1 kid out of his game. It seemed like an obsession to get Hester out of the game, or off his game. Anderson ran 3 different kids at him, shadowing his every move anywhere on the court. Getting in his face, pushing, and tripping. Hester kept his cool. I haven't seen Anderson play this year before this game, but it seemed they put so much emphasis on Hester that it hurt them playing a regular game.

I agree....Generally they are very good defensively but they tried so hard to take hester away, they let other people get easy buckets.

Looks SK started their first 8th region tourney off with a bang.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.