Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier/Fairdale Predictions

Who wins? 16 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • St. Xavier
      100%
      16
    • Fairdale
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

St. X coming off of a tough loss against Bowling Green will St. X be able to rebound and put together a solid game in all three phases against Fairdale? I don't think the queation is if St. X will win, but how will they perform in this game? Will Houk take care of the football? Will the defense contine to perform at a high level? How will time management improve?

Houk has obviously regressed from last year. Defense is stout. Wolford is still Wolford, which is baffling because of his football acumen and stature. Hopefully they get better by the playoffs. One thing that seems to be a glaring difference between glaser coached teams and wolford coached teams besides attention to detail, is special teams.

Houk has obviously regressed from last year. Defense is stout. Wolford is still Wolford' date=' which is baffling because of his football acumen and stature. Hopefully they get better by the playoffs. One thing that seems to be a glaring difference between glaser coached teams and wolford coached teams besides attention to detail, is special teams.[/quote']

 

Juat because someone has a ton of football knowledge and was a great player, doesn't mean they are up to the task of coaching at one of the most storied programs in the state.

Houk has obviously regressed from last year. Defense is stout. Wolford is still Wolford, which is baffling because of his football acumen and stature. Hopefully they get better by the playoffs. One thing that seems to be a glaring difference between glaser coached teams and wolford coached teams besides attention to detail, is special teams.

What does this mean? How has he demonstrated this? Is there any actual proof?

  • Author

I believe AT is implying with Coach Wolford experience in the NFL as a player that his game management skills would be a bit better than what he is demonstrating.

I believe AT is implying with Coach Wolford experience in the NFL as a player that his game management skills would be a bit better than what he is demonstrating.

I'm implying that makes no sense.

I'm with 4theCats... What does PLAYING at a high level have to do with COACHING? I mean have y'all watched the 30 for 30's and Hard Knocks? These cats in the NFL ain't the sharpest pencils in the box in most cases.

With no disrespect meant to the Bulldogs - I just don't get scheduling a game like this.

 

Unless it's a big payday. Simple fact they are on way different levels - what do they hope to prove.

 

Just like did not understand the Male-F game last night ??????:no:

I'm with 4theCats... What does PLAYING at a high level have to do with COACHING? I mean have y'all watched the 30 for 30's and Hard Knocks? These cats in the NFL ain't the sharpest pencils in the box in most cases.

As LTR said I was saying I would think his game management skills would be better than they are seeing as he played multiple years at the highest level there is. I wasn't saying just because he was a NFL player then he should be a great coach, sorry if I confused anyone. With his experience he should however have a way better understanding of time management.

As LTR said I was saying I would think his game management skills would be better than they are seeing as he played multiple years at the highest level there is. I wasn't saying just because he was a NFL player then he should be a great coach, sorry if I confused anyone. With his experience he should however have a way better understanding of time management.

 

Gotcha

  • Author
With no disrespect meant to the Bulldogs - I just don't get scheduling a game like this.

 

Unless it's a big payday. Simple fact they are on way different levels - what do they hope to prove.

 

Just like did not understand the Male-F game last night ??????:no:

 

I guess it's similar to UL playing Murray St. and UK playing UTM. Murray St. and UTM getting some money for their time and UL and UK in theory get an opportunity to evaluate a large number of kids in a game situation.

 

I'm not a huge fan of X scheduling teams such as Fairdale, but if played correctly by X it allows everyone on the sideline an opportunity to play. Which is good enough reason for me.

I guess it's similar to UL playing Murray St. and UK playing UTM. Murray St. and UTM getting some money for their time and UL and UK in theory get an opportunity to evaluate a large number of kids in a game situation.

 

I'm not a huge fan of X scheduling teams such as Fairdale, but if played correctly by X it allows everyone on the sideline an opportunity to play. Which is good enough reason for me.

 

I understand and respect your position. Not sure I would agree with the comparison to the big time $$$$$ of college scheduling.

 

Please let us know if the X coaches use that opportunity as you suggest. I will be curious to see.

I applaud Fairdale for scheduling competition. It will prepare them for their district. The gate they received for the Male game should help their athletic dept SOME. I guarantee it's the largest crowd they get this year. And, I'm sure X has a compensation package prepared for Fairdale.

St. Xavier 49-0.

We will learn more about this X team and coaching staff in the first three minutes of this game....

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.