Belfry 64 Prestonsburg 53

Four of their starters were seniors, right? They lose Leslie, who was the guy who kept that team winning in my opinion with all his blocks and rebounds.

7 total seniors and "all" of there starters were seniors.

It was tough to watch Sean Leslie at the end. He left it on the court, he did the best he could. Good luck Sean in the future.

We got lucky to come out with a victory......P-Burg came out of half-time and quit the triangle and chasers and it let Belfry do what they do best beat u off the dribble......For us to advance in this tourn we have to play team ball and get out of that 1-2-2 half court trap we try to run

We got lucky to come out with a victory......P-Burg came out of half-time and quit the triangle and chasers and it let Belfry do what they do best beat u off the dribble......For us to advance in this tourn we have to play team ball and get out of that 1-2-2 half court trap we try to run

Everyone will agree with you.

That 1-2-2 kills us. We was leaving shooters open all over the court. But atleast we did get the win. We also shot the ball very poorly. How many threes did we end up with? I know it wasnt many.

We shot too many threes.

We did win, so this is Not an excuse!! And because this would effect all teams not just Belfry, but I've heard complaints (comments from numerous people) about the goals/rims...anyone know? I've heard thats why everyones having lower scoring games.

The percentages will go up im sure. Alot of it was just nerves playing in a place like that for the first time and the rims probably dont give like the ones most schools are use to.

Bu the Globetrotters shot pretty well on them haha.

We shot too many threes.

We did win, so this is Not an excuse!! And because this would effect all teams not just Belfry, but I've heard complaints (comments from numerous people) about the goals/rims...anyone know? I've heard thats why everyones having lower scoring games.

Many have said the goals had little play. I think I agree. Soft shots on the front of the iron wouldn't stick and roll.

:bunny:

We shot too many threes.

I don't necessarily think the goals are the problem. I will have to disagree with oneijoe--the rims are soft. I think the problem is with depth perception. There are no walls ten feet behind the baskets like in most gyms in the 15th region.

EXPO has the same goals/rims that Rupp has. Get used to em.:thumb:

That was the point that I was trying to make. Teams seem to have a shooting problem at Rupp the first time they are there becasue of depth perception.

That was the point that I was trying to make. Teams seem to have a shooting problem at Rupp the first time they are there becasue of depth perception.

I agree 100%......Most high schools are used to seeing a wall about 50 ft or less behind the goals. The walls in the Expo Center & Rupp are quite farther away.

It does take a little bit of time to adjust.......but it sure didn't hurt Shelby Valley the other night.

I agree 100%......Most high schools are used to seeing a wall about 50 ft or less behind the goals. The walls in the Expo Center & Rupp are quite farther away.

It does take a little bit of time to adjust.......but it sure didn't hurt Shelby Valley the other night.

You got that right.

Many have said the goals had little play. I think I agree. Soft shots on the front of the iron wouldn't stick and roll.

:bunny:

What games have you been watching? These rims are the have plenty of play, just watch free-throws on them if they hit the front of the rim they will roll in 90% of the time ..........................