Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 31 Newport Central Catholic 0

Featured Replies

I don't any NewCath fans took this one lightly. There are a ton of unknowns and NewCath is about a year away from a big year. This year will be about learning and improving. Tough learning curve playing against a Borchers coached team. Randy always has his teams ready. Three years in a row now he's had NewCath's number.

 

Oh, I disagree. The predictions on here. Tail-gating in our FRONT yard. Honking and hollering, back and forth in our parking lot. Kid running a big NCC flag right up to Cooper's student section. None of that says respect to me, seemed a bit overly-confident. Just my $.02 though.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in attendance at this game. Thought it would be a better game than Highlands Campbell. I picked the wrong game. I thought the difference in this game was line play. Ncc line has no push and got pushed around on both sides of the ball. Still think they'll be fine in AA ball.

I have no doubt NCC will be playing late November/early December. They challenge themselves before district play. They are a fine program and should have no trouble winning their district.

Oh, I disagree. The predictions on here. Tail-gating in our FRONT yard. Honking and hollering, back and forth in our parking lot. Kid running a big NCC flag right up to Cooper's student section. None of that says respect to me, seemed a bit overly-confident. Just my $.02 though.

 

Parents and fans enjoying themselves is overconfidence? Other schools do that and the flag thing. Unless people were derogatory I see it as just having fun

Well, at least they enjoyed the pre-game. I guess that's something.

 

Lighten up. As long as they don't say anything negative about Cooper or to your fans who cares?

Oh, I disagree. The predictions on here. Tail-gating in our FRONT yard.

 

Honking and hollering, back and forth in our parking lot. Kid running a big NCC flag right up to Cooper's student section. None of that says respect to me, seemed a bit overly-confident. Just my $.02 though.

 

Actually if you read the predictions most people on here said Cooper was going to win this game. Tailgating happens everywhere, nobody on NCC side were being disrespectful to Cooper fans so I'm going to go out on a limb again and ask how people were over confident on NCC side. Btw there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with student sections being fired up ready to cheer on their team! That's just my opinion though

Ncc may be playing in December. It would not surprise me if they made the finals again. However, I think they put the pads away with 6 losses. It might have been 7 had they played Ashland. Unless the line play gets a lot better, they will lose to Campbell Co, dixie, SK, Beechwood, and the finals. That's 6 total after the Cooper loss. I didn't see the fans as cocky myself. And I was sitting with a few of them.

Shocked by the score in this one.. Expected NCC to be much more competitive at least.

Ncc needed the receiver back in the game who got hurt. I think it was #2 if i remember correctly. He seemed to be the receiving threat. I would've tried more times to get him some balls in open space if he was in there. Quick screens,slants. He wasn't big, but seemed elusive. Cooper has a chance for a long post season run in 5A if they limit offensive turnovers.

Nice couple of games so far for Torey Cordell-Armstrong! I know the Jags defense was huge again, but this kid is fun to watch.

Nice couple of games so far for Torey Cordell-Armstrong! I know the Jags defense was huge again, but this kid is fun to watch.

He is a blast to watch. I wish they'd run him between the tackles a little more. He seems to always gain positive yards that way more times than not. I hope he stays healthy this year. He tends to leave his feet a lot at the moment if contact and that is dangerous to do a lot. That is how he got hurt last year.

Agreed. If the defense keeps playing the way they have been and everyone stays healthy I don't see any reason why Cooper couldn't make a very nice playoff run this year.

PigSkin, I didn't see anything that NCC did that was a big deal at all. Tailgating is a part of the football experience for a lot of people. Not a big deal at all. Hollering and honking horns as they drove up? Being excited is not taking anything or anyone lightly or over looking your opponent. Student sections battling? Come on man, that's what high school kids do and what makes that experience so fun for those kids! The NCC fans I spoke to were very complementary of Cooper and nothing but first class. Good luck to NCC the rest of the year!

 

Over all, both teams played hard, fair, and the better team won! Good luck to both teams the rest of the way

Congrats to Cooper on the win, from your Raceland Ramblers connection to the school's namesake. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.