Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Soccerama

Featured Replies

Sorry Yellow. I sent this and saw you beat my comment.

 

Not a problem, I will type faster next time... LOL.

  • Replies 89
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ref that was at center for the second half of the CCH/Brossart game was horrible. Lazy, not keeping up with the play and he let way too many hard tackles/fouls go uncalled. It was a friendly after all. Absolutely terrible.

 

And yes, it looked like Brossart played their regular varsity lineup vs. CCH. The Colonels hopefully figured some things out tonight playing close to 30 players. Not sure you can take much from this game on the CCH side as the regular 11 was only on the field for limited action but they looked very sharp at times. 1-0 final but the Colonels had 2 off the post and had a ton of possession. Looked good considering the mix of players used.

 

Didn't stay for Highlands/St. Henry but if they kept their best players out as rumored...........I just think that is silly.

Mine was a Joke.....it was a warm up for the refs also .....they need to se what they have also.

 

if you wanted me to QUICKLY define how CCH approached this match......I will tell you how the goalies were played

 

q1. varsity

Q2. JV back up

Q3. varsity

q4. JV possible starter

 

Players were played the same way.

Sir!,

Sounds like you saw many of the games. Probably hard to tell about teams because of the lineups being used, but what about any players that you thought stood out?

 

Anyone else with comments on this?

Mine was a Joke.....it was a warm up for the refs also .....they need to se what they have also.

 

if you wanted me to QUICKLY define how CCH approached this match......I will tell you how the goalies were played

 

q1. varsity

Q2. JV back up

Q3. varsity

q4. JV possible starter

 

Players were played the same way.

 

Really? How much time would you estimate Day, Ballow, Lily, and Schuh each got? It felt like they might have been on the field a little more than the 1/4 or 1/2 you are estimating the keepers split. :lol2:

 

I will say the Brossart kid yelling a profanity at the top of his lungs in a scrimmage was an embarrassment to both his team and his school (hopefully his family as well).

Yes that was a silly thing for the young brossart player to do. Really hope we don't see that anymore. Although I wash he was shown a red card. I realize this was just a scrimmage but showing a yellow card just makes it seem as if it was an okay thing to do.

I watched CovCath/Brossart and HHS/St H.

Those were the first high school soccer games I have seen in 15+ years. A lot has changed since I played 25+ years ago. But I can't imagine that football (American) style contact is now part of the sport.

The center ref for both games were horrible. I'm hoping they were just tired by the time I got there. About the only time they made it NEAR either end of the field was for a corner kick.

With as many bad calls as there were, you have to give some credit to the kids on all 4 teams for their general restraint.

Yes that was a silly thing for the young brossart player to do. Really hope we don't see that anymore. Although I wash he was shown a red card. I realize this was just a scrimmage but showing a yellow card just makes it seem as if it was an okay thing to do.

 

How long ago did a yellow card become an automatic removal?

Really? How much time would you estimate Day, Ballow, Lily, and Schuh each got? It felt like they might have been on the field a little more than the 1/4 or 1/2 you are estimating the keepers split. :lol2:

 

I will say the Brossart kid yelling a profanity at the top of his lungs in a scrimmage was an embarrassment to both his team and his school (hopefully his family as well).

 

I would say most of the CCH regulars (Day, Ballow, Schuh, Lily and Kenney) played close to 1/2 the match.

Yes that was a silly thing for the young brossart player to do. Really hope we don't see that anymore. Although I wash he was shown a red card. I realize this was just a scrimmage but showing a yellow card just makes it seem as if it was an okay thing to do.

 

I was also surprised by how this was handled last night. I get that it is a scrimmage but it is also a teaching opportunity, if not for the ref, at least for the coach. I also put some of the blame on the coach, I feel that he could have issued his own "red card" to the kid and held him out of the match for the rest of the night... this might help him to realize that it was not okay to do and prevent the same thing from happening in the regular season.

 

There was a hard foul from behind in the Dixie/Cooper match that left a kid to be taken off the field by trainers. I was told that they did give the boy a yellow for the tackle from behind but by all accounts it was bad enough to warrant a straight Red. I would like to see the refs make more of an effort to educate the players on what was done wrong and why it is not acceptable in a scrimmage or regular season match.

I watched CovCath/Brossart and HHS/St H.

Those were the first high school soccer games I have seen in 15+ years. A lot has changed since I played 25+ years ago. But I can't imagine that football (American) style contact is now part of the sport.

The center ref for both games were horrible. I'm hoping they were just tired by the time I got there. About the only time they made it NEAR either end of the field was for a corner kick.

With as many bad calls as there were, you have to give some credit to the kids on all 4 teams for their general restraint.

 

I cannot say what matches were like 15 years ago but I must tell you that the ref's are not the best at most high school matches nowadays. It seems that there is always a "knock" on the High School Soccer quality, from my perspective, the way the matches are called contributes to this more than most people think. I do believe that there are several refs that do a good job in our area but unfortunately the amount of matches that are played each Tuesday and Thursday far exceed the amount of quality refs needed to call them.

Hard to gauge how much time the starters played........maybe half is about right. They were often in with a combination of various reserves and/or JV players. The actual starting 11 for CCH was on the field together for 10-15 mins maybe. Definitely plenty of room for improvement from CCH, they should have put more than one in the goal. Brossart's keeper kept them in the game and they got help from the post/crossbar a couple of times. I might be wrong but I don't recall a shot on goal for Brossart.

 

First half, I thought the ref kept a lid on things but the second half was just really poor officiating, especially in a friendly.

How long ago did a yellow card become an automatic removal?

 

For as long as I can remember in high school soccer whenever a player is given a yellow card, he/she must leave the field and then may be subbed back in. Atleast that's how it's always worked in HS, not the same for club.

For as long as I can remember in high school soccer whenever a player is given a yellow card, he/she must leave the field and then may be subbed back in. Atleast that's how it's always worked in HS, not the same for club.

 

I believe that is a KHSAA rule on the yellow card and the player coming out but not sure. I also don't recall if the player that received the yellow for Brossart came back in the game or not. If he did it would not surprise me. Guarantee that kid would not have been back on the field for CCH or a number of other teams. The CCH kid that received a yellow for jumping in front of a free kid did not re-enter.

And on a completely different matter.........how about Campbell County feeling the need to score 10 goals on Pendleton County? Never took their foot off the gas once from what I could see..........in a scrimmage game. Classy move coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.