Soccerama

w2848

Thank you, Sir! for all of the soccer updates! Good stuff. I hope to see some Soccerama action on Saturday.

Welcome to BGP, Sir!

On paper, it looks to be some good match-ups... I am hoping to see some dry matches today and tomorrow... weather is not looking too promising though.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to tell what the regular season will look like just from Soccerama. A lot of coaches play JV kids just to let them have a touch of the ball at varsity level, and the stronger players aren't on the field together which can mess up play, and results.

This is the original schedule, I believe that Owen Co. pulled out and WV is going to be playing Cooper's JV squad.

I have marked three match ups I find interesting.

8/8 – Friday Night

5:00 – Owen County vs Walton Verona

6:30 – Dixie Heights vs Cooper

8:00 – Newport Central Catholic vs Boone County

8/9 – Saturday Morning

9:00 – Conner vs Calvary Christian

10:30 – Villa Madonna vs Gallatin County

12:00 – Simon Kenton vs Holy Cross

8/9 – Saturday Night

5:00 – Campbell County vs Pendleton County

6:30 – Bishop Brossart vs Covington Catholic

8:00 – Highlands vs St. Henry

Ryle did have their JV squad play the majority of the second half, I would say that they had about 30 kids dress. Scott looked like they only brought their Varsity squad, maybe 17-18 kids in total.

From what I have seen, Scott plays a lot of varsity in JV games, so in a way they did play their JV.

Ryle did have their JV squad play the majority of the second half, I would say that they had about 30 kids dress. Scott looked like they only brought their Varsity squad, maybe 17-18 kids in total.

Btw... The 17-18 players you saw pretty much was the whole squad. Unfortunately Scott is not lucky enough to have 30 possible varsity players as a good amount of the kids that played last night in the match were JV players. Scott did not have their whole varsity line up in together at the same time once.

What was the Treadway yellow for? A ref with decent ears?

The yellow card for Treadway was due to him blocking a short freekick for Ryle right as it was taken and he was not 10 yards from the ball.

This is the original schedule, I believe that Owen Co. pulled out and WV is going to be playing Cooper's JV squad.

I have marked three match ups I find interesting.

8/8 – Friday Night

5:00 – Owen County vs Walton Verona

6:30 – Dixie Heights vs Cooper

8:00 – Newport Central Catholic vs Boone County

8/9 – Saturday Morning

9:00 – Conner vs Calvary Christian

10:30 – Villa Madonna vs Gallatin County

12:00 – Simon Kenton vs Holy Cross

8/9 – Saturday Night

5:00 – Campbell County vs Pendleton County

6:30 – Bishop Brossart vs Covington Catholic

8:00 – Highlands vs St. Henry

Thank you! Those 3 matches appear to pit consistently strong programs against each other. I am curious about the Cooper v. Dixie matchup. There seems to be a few Cooper believers here. What kind of team would Dixie have?

The yellow card for Treadway was due to him blocking a short freekick for Ryle right as it was taken and he was not 10 yards from the ball.

If 10 isn't asked for, it doesn't have to be given.........right? My apologies to young Mr T for my previous comment.

SEF.....You have to go with the numbers you have.......Will Scott see more of a separation between the JV and Varsity? Meaning.....I think they really took a risk with Morgan, and some others having them play JV also last year. They are too good and the risk of injury doubles with the number of games (plus it tires them out when they play JV then V back to back.)

Hopefully they will have less of an overlap. Is Scott fielding a Freshman team?

Btw... The 17-18 players you saw pretty much was the whole squad. Unfortunately Scott is not lucky enough to have 30 possible varsity players as a good amount of the kids that played last night in the match were JV players. Scott did not have their whole varsity line up in together at the same time once.

The 30 kids Ryle had dress was not their "30 possible varsity players", it was pretty much Varsity and JV squads combined, minus a few kids. I will also say that Ryle never had their varsity line up in together either.

The freekick was after one of the offside calls against him, he was within a few feet of the boy when he went to put the ball back in play and Treadway reached out with his foot to block the ball... looked like it was more out of disgust than anything.