Soccerama

w2848

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes v Cov Latin were well paired. Not great soccer but boys trying hard.nice to see Sergio Vancini in the stands for Holmes. He graduated this spring and is headed to Spalding in Louisville to play soccer this fall... nice kid. I'm sure there were other good kids playing in the first game, but the soccer was hard to watch. Go easy guys.

Soccer in the second game much better. Grant Co finished better with a couple of faster boys up top, but Carroll Co had some nice possession and combination play in midfield. Both looked like decent mid-tier teams.

Ryle v Scott headlined Thursday night's action. Blake Schneider and Treadeay got the goals for Scott. Schneider looked very good - maybe a more complete player than Treadway as he is good in the air and defends a bit. Treadway looked dangerous as usual and played with a little more maturity than prior years (read: no flopping or whining and minimal criticism of his team mates). I hope he keeps it up as he's enjoyable to watch when he plays well. Devon Morgan and Eric Hegerty also looked good for Scott. Morgan adds a third attacking threat for Scott and Hegerty is like a waterbug in midfield. So Scott attacks well but looks vulnerable in the back. Late goal against Scott beat keeper at near post (GK was not happy with himself).

Ryle v Scott headlined Thursday night's action. Blake Schneider and Treadeay got the goals for Scott. Schneider looked very good - maybe a more complete player than Treadway as he is good in the air and defends a bit. Treadway looked dangerous as usual and played with a little more maturity than prior years (read: no flopping or whining and minimal criticism of his team mates). I hope he keeps it up as he's enjoyable to watch when he plays well. Devon Morgan and Eric Hegerty also looked good for Scott. Morgan adds a third attacking threat for Scott and Hegerty is like a waterbug in midfield. So Scott attacks well but looks vulnerable in the back. Late goal against Scott beat keeper at near post (GK was not happy with himself).

Not sure about the maturity comment on Treadway... I saw 2 calls for offsides against him and he definitely showed his disapproval, problem is, he was not even close to be onsides on either occasion.

Ryle looked young and maybe a little smallish, but they played well. Ryle played soccer from the back forward more frequently and a little better than Scott. They had some good interchanges in midfield. Sully and Kareem both looked strong and sharp for Ryle and frequently led the attack. I didn''t catch who scored for Ryle, but it was fairly late in the game. Looking forward to more HS soccer to watch tomorrow evening. Concession stand food was standard fare, but pretty good (I recommend the cheeseburger, CW).And Tower Park is a nice venue to watch a game... particularly after the sun goes down and the lights come on.

Ryle looked young and maybe a little smallish, but they played well. Ryle played soccer from the back forward more frequently and a little better than Scott. They had some good interchanges in midfield. Sully and Kareem both looked strong and sharp for Ryle and frequently led the attack. I didn''t catch who scored for Ryle, but it was fairly late in the game. Looking forward to more HS soccer to watch tomorrow evening. Concession stand food was standard fare, but pretty good (I recommend the cheeseburger, CW).And Tower Park is a nice venue to watch a game... particularly after the sun goes down and the lights come on.

Hard to tell sometimes with soccerrama who is good or not because some teams play JV a significant amount of time in those games. Did any of the teams playing Thursday do that or was it regular lineups? Your review sounds about like what I'd expect with Ryle trying to hold the ball a bit vs Scott kicking it up the field.

Ryle was younger than previous seasons, the line-up they started included 2 Freshman and one of the first subs was also a Freshman, only surprise was Kareem not starting the match... I was told that he has not been 100%.

The goal that was scored late was by a JV player, I cannot recall his name.

Hard to tell sometimes with soccerrama who is good or not because some teams play JV a significant amount of time in those games. Did any of the teams playing Thursday do that or was it regular lineups? Your review sounds about like what I'd expect with Ryle trying to hold the ball a bit vs Scott kicking it up the field.

Ryle did have their JV squad play the majority of the second half, I would say that they had about 30 kids dress. Scott looked like they only brought their Varsity squad, maybe 17-18 kids in total.

hard to tell. Treadway and schneider we're not on the field at the same time the whole first half. Treadway only playing about half of the second half.

Treadway received a Yellow Card early in the second half, once sent off, he did not return. I would guess that he only played about 25 minutes of the match.