Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hard Knocks - Atlanta Falcons

Featured Replies

I am only half way through the first episode but it is phenomenal.

 

One major difference with the Bengals last year, I feel like we got a censored, PG13 version of the Bengals, with the Falcons, they are letting it all hang out.

 

If you have HBO you have to watch it.

Thank God it's the Falcons.

Excellent show. They are certainly feisty. They are going to try and overcome that soft image. We'll see.

I'm just glad it's a team I'm somewhat interested in seeing on the show. Was not all that interested in the Cowboys, Jets, Chiefs, or Bengals.

 

I thought the first episode was really good.

Really upset that I missed it now. Hopefully it's on my HBO on-demand.

  • Author
Really upset that I missed it now. Hopefully it's on my HBO on-demand.

 

I am sure there will be a re-run or two before the next episode.

 

I also can't help but really like Mike Smith, the Falcons head coach. If I had a son going to camp/playing with a NFL team I would want it to be someone like Mike Smith.

 

I know I was a little sour on it being the Falcons but I was wrong, this is great NFL television.

  • Author

From the Falcons official site:

 

1. What I Did On My Summer Vacation...: Bear Pascoe doing some calf-roping. Steven Jackson unveiling his new photography collection. Tyler Starr returning to South Dakota to spend time with his fiance and son.Harry Douglas cleaning. Hard Knocks showed a wide range of different activities from the time the team wrapped up veteran minicamp in June until camp kicked off just a week-and-a-half ago. There are some great personalities being highlighted so far.

 

2. Light on Jerry's Retirement: Defensive tackle Peria Jerry's retirement was featured on the premiere episode as he spoke with Smith about his decision. Smith seemed taken aback by it and impressed upon Jerry that he had to be sure about the decision because there's no going back. Jerry told Smith that his body wasn't responding the way he'd like it to in camp, and that he'd have to "figure out" what his next step is.

 

3. Before and Afters: We learned that the Falcons coaching staff asked players to take full-body photos at the end of last season and then again at the start of training camp. During a team meeting in camp, Smith showed the team some impressive side-by-sides. The most stark differences were in the photos of Peter Konz, Paul Worrilow,Joplo Bartu and Ryan Schraeder, who all put on some major muscle in the offseason.

 

4. Line Coaches Take the Spotlight: If you saw Tuesday's episode, you fell in love with offensive line coach Mike Tice and defensive line coach Bryan Cox. The two had some moments dedicated to the toughness aspect with some sound bytes I can't repeat here. The toughness and physicality mantras are being preached over and over by these two and it's clear that it's being taken seriously by the players under them. "They're gonna be tough, I can tell you that much," Tice is shown saying to Falcons owner & chairman Arthur Blank.

 

5. Facts and Tidbits: Defensive tackle Donte Rumph has earned the nickname "Cupcake" from Cox for what Cox thought was overreacting to a banged up elbow in OTAs. ... Steven Jackson in talking to Devonta Freeman before Friday Night Lights revealed that his first ever high school carry was a fumble. ... Matt Ryan and Steven Jackson are dormmates in Flowery Branch for camp. Ryan used to shack up with Tony Gonzalez.

 

Five Things We Learned on Hard Knocks: Ep. 1

  • Author

Some more from PFT:

 

Defensive end Kroy Biermann jumped offsides three times and was angry at himself for the infractions as it meant 30 up-downs after practice. Biermann then got into a shoving match soon after with rookie tackle Jake Matthews all on the first day of camp. He also got chewed out by a coach, who shouted “”71 your *Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post**Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post**Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post* is getting kicked all f–king camp.”

 

Much like they did with linebacker Aaron Maybin a season ago with the Cincinnati Bengals, the show introduced the artistic talents of running back Steven Jackson. Jackson showed off show of his pieces in a gallery with Terrell Owens among the players, current and former, making an appearance at the show.

 

Some more highlights from the first episode of this year’s series…

 

- Jackson left practice with a left hamstring injury that will leave him sidelined for a couple weeks. Head coach Mike Smith tried to look on the bright side stressing that will give the team a better look at rookie running back Devonta Freeman.

 

Hard Knocks recap: Falcons feisty as training camp begins | ProFootballTalk

They will be a good team Freeman will make some big plays for them. Cupcake looked pretty good.

  • Author

And remember everyone, the Falcons are the Bengals home opener so it's worth our watch for that reason alone.

They play Miami Friday should be a good game.

  • Author

Anyone still watching? If you are not, you are missing out. I feel like I am not only in training camp with the Falcons but I am in some of the meetings with the coaches. Very engaging TV and I am becoming a Falcons fan.

Anyone still watching? If you are not, you are missing out. I feel like I am not only in training camp with the Falcons but I am in some of the meetings with the coaches. Very engaging TV and I am becoming a Falcons fan.

I am still watching. Love it! Not many compelling battles to make the roster or for any positions. They are attempting to generate it with the Dutch guy making the team as a 4th or 5th WR.

  • Author
I am still watching. Love it! Not many compelling battles to make the roster or for any positions. They are attempting to generate it with the Dutch guy making the team as a 4th or 5th WR.

 

I hear you, this Hard Knocks really isn't about roster spots, they are capturing what it is like to be part of an NFL team.

I enjoyed watching the special teams coach go off on his guys.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.