July 31, 201412 yr Bringing Mrs Manitou to the queen city for friday night and Sat pm also . I know we are going to dinner Amerasia in Newport Friday around 7 - 730 . But after that I'm looking for suggestions for friday night and things to do sat during the day . Already been to the aquarium and no kiddies this weekend. Will prob attend Crossroads in Oakley for the late sat service. ( love that place) . Does Toby Keiths place get rockin' on Friday nights ? How about a suggestion from you NKY guys , a place with a great atmosphere with classic rock or country ? Is there a walking tour of churches for cinci or newport ?
July 31, 201412 yr What do you guys enjoy? The bar scene? Good food? I know there is a movie being shown outdoors in Eden Park on Saturday, that could be fun.
July 31, 201412 yr Bringing Mrs Manitou to the queen city for friday night and Sat pm also . I know we are going to dinner Amerasia in Newport Friday around 7 - 730 . But after that I'm looking for suggestions for friday night and things to do sat during the day . Already been to the aquarium and no kiddies this weekend. Will prob attend Crossroads in Oakley for the late sat service. ( love that place) . Does Toby Keiths place get rockin' on Friday nights ? How about a suggestion from you NKY guys , a place with a great atmosphere with classic rock or country ? Is there a walking tour of churches for cinci or newport ? Check out the little Nashville in Newport.
July 31, 201412 yr I would go to Mt. Adams for either Friday night or Saturday day. If you go at night, hit up the Blind Lemon or Tavern on the Hill. Stay away from Next Chapter, Longworths, and Pavillion. But if you go during the day you have a lot of interesting architecture, including the monastery and churches, to look at and I would then tell you to go to the Pavillion for lunch because the view is UNBEATABLE. I also second the Little Nashville for its music. Jerzees on Monmouth also has a great patio for music out back and is near the Little Nashville. I am not a big fan of the Banks (Toby's, Grail, Tin Roof, etc...) unless I'm with a larger group of guys. I am not a huge fan of Arnie's on the Levee but tomorrow an assistant Covington prosecutor is playing music down there and his band should be right up your alley. And last but not least there is always the Ludlow Bromley Yacht Club. A little out of the way but they usually have great classic rock bands and it is right on the river obviously.
July 31, 201412 yr Author Thanks Sevens -- alot ! I googled Lil nashville and they something called Whiskey Tango going on tomorrow night . But there is no info with it and I'm not sure what Whiskey Tango is , a band or the burlesque/western show ?? no one answered the phone at the number listed .
July 31, 201412 yr Thanks Sevens -- alot ! I googled Lil nashville and they something called Whiskey Tango going on tomorrow night . But there is no info with it and I'm not sure what Whiskey Tango is , a band or the burlesque/western show ?? no one answered the phone at the number listed . Whiskey tango is a band. I will include their facebook page. I don't think I am familiar with them. Little Nashville doesn't open until evening so I'm not surprised no one is there. https://www.facebook.com/thewhiskeytangoband
July 31, 201412 yr Will prob attend Crossroads in Oakley for the late sat service. ( love that place) Just to give you a couple of heads up about Crossroads. #1 If it is important for you to hear Brian Tome (the senior pastor) - he is still on his summer break. #2 I-71 is going to be closed southbound at Dana Ave., which could make getting back south of the river tricky.
July 31, 201412 yr I would second the recommendation of Blind Lemon. Typically they have live music, and it’s a nice spot to sit and enjoy a drink. It’s located in Mt. Adams. Next Chapter has a great patio if you’re there during the day; however, I would avoid going there at night unless you’re looking for a college party. If you’re looking for a bigger event, LUMENOCITY is going on in OTR. It’s a light show, with the Cincinnati Symphony playing music. Tickets were free, but are all gone. I’m sure you can find some online, or down at the event itself. That is Friday & Saturday night in Washington Park. Sam Adams is hosting a “Brew & View” in Eden Park on Saturday night. They’re going to play Wedding Crashers and you can drink beer in the park. I’ve never been, but it sounds pretty cool. Here’s the website for more information: Cincinnati | Sam Adams Brew & View For what it’s worth, Eden Park is walking distance from Mt. Adams & is a beautiful park with some great views of the riverfront. If you guys are bourbon drinkers, I’d recommend the Old Kentucky Bourbon Bar (“OKBB”) in Covington. There is also “Wise Guys” in Covington which is nice, and serves Goodfella’s Pizza. Wise Guys is actually the upstairs to the pizzeria. They’re both smaller places, but good spots if you’re looking to stay in the Covington area. If you’re looking for a great burger, I’d recommend any of three places: Zola’s (in Covington), Terry’s Turf Club (near Lunken Airport), or Zip’s (in Mount Lookout). The latter 2 are not too far from the Oakley area. All three are cool places in their own right. You can smoke in Zola’s, so I typically avoid it…but the burgers are outstanding. Terry’s Turf Club is a bit off the beaten path but well worth the trip. Be forewarned, there are peanuts everywhere at Terry’s (my significant other has a peanut allergy, so it’s essentially a death trap for her). If you’re in the Hyde Park /Oakley area & looking for pizza, you might consider Mellow Mushroom (in the Hyde Park Plaza). Good pizzas (although a bit overpriced, in my opinion) and a good beer selection. You can also try Dutch’s on Erie (in Oakley/Hyde Park) if you’re into craft beers. Dutch's has a nice patio. I've heard the food there is outstanding but haven't eaten there yet. Depending on how long you’re staying, you might want to check out The Party Source in Bellevue. I haven’t been since it reopened, but my understanding is that there is a new bar in there, as well as a bourbon distillery. Somebody else will have to provide more details on that (i.e. whether it’s worth the trip or not).
July 31, 201412 yr Just to give you a couple of heads up about Crossroads. #1 If it is important for you to hear Brian Tome (the senior pastor) - he is still on his summer break. #2 I-71 is going to be closed southbound at Dana Ave., which could make getting back south of the river tricky. Just hit up a few beers in the Hyde Park / Oakley area on the way home.
July 31, 201412 yr Author Thanks for the info to all -- I'll miss B Tome as he is really good but so are all the assistant pastors . Blind Lemon sounds good , I really Teak Thai up in Mt Adams as well.
July 31, 201412 yr Check out the little Nashville in Newport. I still haven't been there but have heard good things.
July 31, 201412 yr Author yes they do , but nothing tops the original they have a mason location as well .
August 1, 201412 yr If you're looking for some good BBQ, you could head to Eli's BBQ. It's cash only, and it's BYOB.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.