Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Satanic temple seeks Hobby-Lobby-style exemption from anti-abortion laws

Featured Replies

Shouldn't it be mandated that a trial happen, as guaranteed in the 14th amendment, in order to deprive the innocent life that lives within?

 

Or will the lawyers/system eventually break that process as well?

 

As we become more technologically advanced it is hard to forecast the future on this one.

  • Replies 159
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love to see what evidence you have to back that up.

 

Again, if these mandates exist for every procedure, how can we be saying that they exist to make an abortion more difficult for women? I'm not following the logic. It'd be different if doctors weren't required to provide information before knee surgeries, or back surgeries, etc., but were mandated to for abortions. That's not the case though.

 

I think they did a pretty good job in the article, I don't believe you have to go to counseling for a knee surgery:

 

Specifically, the Satanic Temple wants women to be exempt from having to view legally mandated "informational" materials — which it calls "biased" and "medically invalid" — prior to having an abortion. Dozens of states require women to attend counseling before receiving an abortion, while 10 mandate that they receive written materials before undergoing the procedure, according to the Guttmacher Institute.

This could totally backfire on the Satanic Church, the SCOTUS might just rule in favor of the unborn child's right to life and declare the unborn child human.

I think they did a pretty good job in the article, I don't believe you have to go to counseling for a knee surgery:

 

Specifically, the Satanic Temple wants women to be exempt from having to view legally mandated "informational" materials — which it calls "biased" and "medically invalid" — prior to having an abortion. Dozens of states require women to attend counseling before receiving an abortion, while 10 mandate that they receive written materials before undergoing the procedure, according to the Guttmacher Institute.

 

Assuming Jumper's statistic about suicide rates being higher for those who've had abortions is correct, don't you think there's the possibility that the counseling could be related to that? I've never heard of or seen a statistic about increased suicide rates amongst knee surgery patients. Without knowing what is discussed in the material or the counseling, I don't know how you take the position you've taken, without preconceived bias.

Assuming Jumper's statistic about suicide rates being higher for those who've had abortions is correct, don't you think there's the possibility that the counseling could be related to that? I've never heard of or seen a statistic about increased suicide rates amongst knee surgery patients. Without knowing what is discussed in the material or the counseling, I don't know how you take the position you've taken, without preconceived bias.

 

I have a freedom bias.

 

And using your logic lots of other things in life should have required counseling. Pretty much every kind of Doc in the book needs mandated counseling.

I think they did a pretty good job in the article, I don't believe you have to go to counseling for a knee surgery:

 

Specifically, the Satanic Temple wants women to be exempt from having to view legally mandated "informational" materials — which it calls "biased" and "medically invalid" — prior to having an abortion. Dozens of states require women to attend counseling before receiving an abortion, while 10 mandate that they receive written materials before undergoing the procedure, according to the Guttmacher Institute.

 

I wonder how many of the good church's physician members reviewed the material to determine that it was medically invalid? Serious question.

Shouldn't it be mandated that a trial happen, as guaranteed in the 14th amendment, in order to deprive the innocent life that lives within?

 

Or will the lawyers/system eventually break that process as well?

 

I think you have your constitutional amendments mixed up. :idunno:

I have a freedom bias.

 

And using your logic lots of other things in life should have required counseling. Pretty much every kind of Doc in the book needs mandated counseling.

 

Forgive me for not buying the bolded. You have an anti-religion bias that has been made more than obvious throughout this board.

Forgive me for not buying the bolded. You have an anti-religion bias that has been made more than obvious throughout this board.

 

Not at all. You totally missed on me.

Not at all. You totally missed on me.

 

Based on numerous posts and threads on here, I don't feel I've missed at all.

 

Regardless, this has been a solid discussion, and a good way to pass time on a slow day at work. :lol2: :thumb:

Re bias: Are you saying that the Hobby Lobby decision was influenced by the fact that Thomas-Scalia-Kennedy-Roberts-Alito are all Roman Catholic males?
It was an ALL male court that gave women the right to murder their own babies so your argument holds no water...
Based on numerous posts and threads on here, I don't feel I've missed at all.

 

Regardless, this has been a solid discussion, and a good way to pass time on a slow day at work. :lol2: :thumb:

 

You missed as big as someone can miss.

 

And I agree, solid discussion.

It was an ALL male court that gave women the right to murder their own babies so your argument holds no water...

 

Speaking of bias... :eek:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.