Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class of 2017

Featured Replies

Austin Crawford of Bracken County and Sean McNeil of Cooper are two of the top players in the class of 2017 without any question.

 

I am very interested in seeing how McNeil develops as far as size. Not sure how tall he is now - 6'1 or so would be my guess. Thick kid. REALLY good shooter and passer.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oumar Keita is no longer in Kentucky. Oumar is no longer in the USA, he has went back to his homeland. 100% Fact.

Not trying to be biased, but what about KC Purvis from Christian Academy Louisville. Started 90% varsity games last season and was probably the first or second best player on CAL. 6'6 and aau team is Matts Mustangs.

Didn't Ballard have a really nice frosh guard this past season that played some varsity?

Didn't Ballard have a really nice frosh guard this past season that played some varsity?

 

Jamil Wilson. Small but very quick. Will see increased minutes this year, obviously. Hope to see more scoring from him.

Connor Wilson of Ohio Co one top freshman. Saw him in top 10 in his class on one ranking. Also saw he has offer from North Texas

I'd like see list of 2017 players with D1 offers been few listed here

  • Author
Very valid points you bring up. He plays for NKY elite AAU. Although I didn't get to see him in AAU action I heard he very impressive. He 6'2" 6'3" ish. Usually runs the point for BC. At least he did last year. Idk what his role other than scoring will be with a new coach at the helm. He is profecient at all aspects of the game. Could probally work a little harder on the defensive end if I had to criticize anything. Gets to the rim a lot outside shot is decent but I feel it will get better.

 

The kid will be all time scoring leader at Bracken this season. Can really fill it up. He is in that group IMO with Bach and Lofton. As long as his perimeter game comes along. I loved watching Bach these last four years. Crawford has the potential to be as good or better. I know that's a bold statement but after last season as a freshman watching him play. I was just blown away. 90 percent he was the best player on the floor. Except when BC was playin Augusta, Harrison or Campbell. I wouldn't be afraid to call him top 5-6 players in the 10th region next year.

 

Yeah I'm a BC homer and I don't try to hide it :lol2: but he is the real deal and I know there are plenty of BGP'ers that will vouche for me.

 

I love this thread cause the players mentioned here are gonna be Sophmores and we as fans get three more yrs to see them blossome into stars.

 

 

Good stuff and awesome insight. I always said Bach was a "force of nature", so if he's on that level, he's going to be really good.

  • Author

Good stuff smallhoops. Is Jamil Wilson from Ballard a pure point or more of a scorer?

 

Also, what more can you say about the Moore kid from Waggener's game? How does he stack up in terms of being a possible top 10 player in the region by the time he's a senior?

  • Author
Oumar Keita is no longer in Kentucky. Oumar is no longer in the USA, he has went back to his homeland. 100% Fact.

 

Wow. How long ago did this happen? Definitely a big blow to Cordia if he's not there.

Tray Hollowell (University Heights) solid PG. Has an offer from OK State already.

- here is highlights from last years Fab Frosh camp
Good stuff smallhoops. Is Jamil Wilson from Ballard a pure point or more of a scorer?

 

Also, what more can you say about the Moore kid from Waggener's game? How does he stack up in terms of being a possible top 10 player in the region by the time he's a senior?

 

Every time I saw Ballard play, Jamil Wilson played as a pure point. Likely to continue to do so this year, as Ballard will look to others for scoring.

 

As for Devon Cooper from Waggener, he is about 6'3" and may be a top 10 player in the region this year. That is saying a lot for the Seventh Region, but he is a player.

Austin Crawford of Bracken County and Sean McNeil of Cooper are two of the top players in the class of 2017 without any question.

 

Agree completely. Hard to exclude these two for sure.

I hate to see that Oumar Kieta is gone. He played on the same AAU team as my son. I have NEVER seen a teenager with a more positive attitude. He was always smiling and upbeat, and a great encourager to his teammates. I wish him well....

47 pts and the game winner tonight for Peyton Broughton.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.