Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincy Bell Fiber Optics

Featured Replies

I know there have been a few threads on this but couldn't find them. The sales people hit the neighborhood door to door tonight. The wife wants to make the switch. The bundle offered with twice the net speed is $30 less a month than we're paying with TWC.

 

What are some of the pros and cons when comparing TWC and FiOps?

  • Replies 41
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I switched. Overall, satisfied but there was some pain with my DVR. It has been resolved.

 

I never had a problem with TWC but the bill just kept going up and up.

I will never go to Cincinnati Bell again.

 

Was going to have them for internet. They messed up the installation day/time two times from what we agreed on the phone. So the third time, I just change plans to ensure I'm there. Technician comes out (nice guy who works for a bad company). After about five minutes of checking phone jacks, he asked me for the router. I politely responded with a "isn't that what you're here to install". He explained how it was suppose to be sent to be priority mail or UPS, which it didn't and was also never explained to me. He basically says there isn't anything he can do and that I will need to install it myself when it arrives. Wouldn't have been hard but that annoys me when they say I'll have a professional installation and activation.

 

The router showed up four days after the scheduled installation and was returned to a Cincinnati Bell store 30 minutes after its arrival. Combine that with the complete incompetence of anyone I spoke with in their Customer Service dept., well I'm no longer a Cincinnati Bell customer. I can handle a little mistake, not three, before I even begin using your service. Good luck if you ever need to speak to someone there, took me 40 minutes to reschedule the installation (that they messed up) and it wasn't because I was on hold. It was because every question I asked, very simple ones at that, she had to ask someone else and couldn't answer (e.g. what's the latest they do installation, when is the next available weekend).

 

TWC might be a little more pricey but I'd much rather give them my money than Cincinnati Bell. I've heard plenty of other bad stories about them lately.

 

Rant over...don't do it Spice.

I had Fioptics and switched back to TWC about 6 months ago. Their packages are very similar in price once you get out of the "promotional" period. TWC offers more channels on their basic package especially the ESPN family that you had to buy a package to get with Fioptics. The guide and DVR are the same and there was no difference in picture quality most of the time. I did have an issue with Fioptics cutting out or losing audio for a second or two every 30 mins or so. Not a huge deal but got annoying after a while. I think Fioptics does perform better on the internet. I had 10Mb with Fioptics and ran multiple tablets, PS3, laptops, Netflix, etc all at the same time without any noticable difference. When I switched to TWC I have 20MB and when all the activity is at peak times you notice the slow down and picture quality on netflix. If you are a heavy internet using family then Fioptics is probably the way to go but you'll have to pay a little more if you need any of the ESPN channels outside of ESPN 1 or 2. You also don't get the NFL network on the regular package with Fioptics.

Been on Cinti Bell for 4 years or so and pretty happy. Freezes up for a second or two every so often but certainly not enough to bother me. Like the internet performance and since I run a business out of the home that's important to me. That said, I would have no problem switching to TWC if it came to it which I have to remind Cinti Bell every year when they try to raise the prices.

Go with DirecTV, if it's an option. Been a customer for a week and couldn't be happier with the quality and their customer service.

I've had Fiber Optics for about 6 months now. I run 30 MB internet through them and its much less expensive than what I was paying through TWC as well. I personally have never had a problem. Good news is that with them selling their wireless division they plan on putting more time and effort into their fiber optics division. Just my experience.

I've had Fiber Optics for about 6 months now. I run 30 MB internet through them and its much less expensive than what I was paying through TWC as well. I personally have never had a problem. Good news is that with them selling their wireless division they plan on putting more time and effort into their fiber optics division. Just my experience.

 

 

30MB sounds like overkill for most. No?

30MB sounds like overkill for most. No?

 

I jumped to 30MB with TWC and had nothing but problems. I finally had them switch me back to 20MB and the problems went away.

Do not get fioptics tv. But1 million prevent get the internet. It's the best in the area and it's not close.

Do not get fioptics tv. But1 million prevent get the internet. It's the best in the area and it's not close.
"%"
Do not get fioptics tv. But1 million prevent get the internet. It's the best in the area and it's not close.

 

This.

 

Go with DirecTV. Much better product IMO.

This.

 

Go with DirecTV. Much better product IMO.

This is the combo I went with. Almost all of my business requires fast reliable internet and I work from home a ton. FiOptics is simply faster, better, and more reliable.

 

DirecTV is not perfect by any stretch, we've had issues, but what they offer in content and hardware and customer service sets them apart.

This is the combo I went with. Almost all of my business requires fast reliable internet and I work from home a ton. FiOptics is simply faster, better, and more reliable.

 

DirecTV is not perfect by any stretch, we've had issues, but what they offer in content and hardware and customer service sets them apart.

 

Not a Cincy Bell customer for anything, but it amazes me that monthly they send this flyer in the mail about Fi Optics and deals and such to everyone down my road, and yet they have no plans to put Fi Optics in down here in the sticks. Only makes them look mismanaged, which they are.

Not a Cincy Bell customer for anything, but it amazes me that monthly they send this flyer in the mail about Fi Optics and deals and such to everyone down my road, and yet they have no plans to put Fi Optics in down here in the sticks. Only makes them look mismanaged, which they are.
mismanaged or not, they have an extremely good product with FiOptics, I've had it well over two years and its the best home service I've ever had, by far!

 

If they paid me I wouldn't use Zoomtown or anything else they offer, but Fioptics is killer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.