Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fairview 52 Ashland 51

Featured Replies

There is not a jealous bone in Billy Blanton's body, he takes whatever role is "given" to him, he just lived off the crumbs this year, he was certainly capable of playing a bigger role, if anything, Billy is too "unselfish"

He is a great team player:thumb:

 

Apparently you haven't been to all the BC games and watched how things went down, or have spoken to his father about the whole situation. Everyone wants to complain about Antonio, but without him BC would have been lucky to reach the 5 win mark that they achieved the year before.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently you haven't been to all the BC games and watched how things went down, or have spoken to his father about the whole situation. Everyone wants to complain about Antonio, but without him BC would have been lucky to reach the 5 win mark that they achieved the year before.

Cant speak for the parent, I know there were some words after the game, but I bet you never heard Billy complain did you?

I've never known Billy as being anything but a team player. He's a great ball player who probaly would've had a better year if he'd gotten more shots but I doubt you ever heard Billy himself complain about it. Sometimes watching Billy thru the years it seems he could be guilty of being very unselfish. It's unfair to the rest of the team to try and speculate how well or how bad the team would've been without Owens, nobody knows. Billy is a good kid and will be just fine in the future.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not picking solely on Billy, there were several members of that team with difficult attitudes to handle. It was just too much of a task for Coach Pratt to handle.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not picking solely on Billy, there were several members of that team with difficult attitudes to handle. It was just too much of a task for Coach Pratt to handle.

 

Kinda of amazing to me Kinglion, that all these other NON-BC posters seem to know so much about our players. Players that are schoolmates and friends of our kids and that our Neighbors.

 

I believe too much blame has been pointed towards Owens this year. He was probably the most amazing player we have had in 10 years and averaged 30 pts a game. Now with that said, did he have team chemistry issues...Yes...Was he selfish....Somewhat....Would we had won 10 games without him....NO. Show me one team in this area that did not have player problems this year....As a matter of a fact this is the worst year I have ever saw with Coach/Player problems in our area.

 

Some Coaches take a stand for what is right and they get blamed, then some coaches let everything go, and they get blamed.....Probably a reason why no one wants to even coach anymore.

 

Billy Blanton is a great kid with a great heart....probably could have stepped it up a bit this year...but was a good team leader during timeouts and practices.....Billy will be fine...

I hope my son grows up to play and lead like Alex Barker, what a good player and young man. It was an honor for me to hand him his all tournament trophy. :thumb:

 

Both teams really played hard. Hat off to both crowds for their behavior. Good luck to both next week in Morehead.

 

Yes, the Rose Hill/Fairview love fest at center court was almost as entertaining as the game. :lol:

RedBlood,

I didn't claim to know, I don't think shooter did either, so much about YOUR players but I do know Billy. And I've known him and his family for a long time. I didn't claim to know anything about your lions. I'm an outsider looking in just like everyone else. Everyone from Boyd says" They would've been horrible without Antonio". It sounds to me like there is more BOYD critics than there is Boyd fans. I would feel like the community didn't support me if I were on that team. This Boyd team did just fine. Granted they didn't win as many games as people would have liked but they were a good team. They just ran into a really good team in Fairview. It was the unluck of the draw, that's all. If they would have drawn RH they probaly would be playing next week.

Yes, the Rose Hill/Fairview love fest at center court was almost as entertaining as the game. :lol:

 

FWIW, I have the same effection for #30 in maroon. Given Matt's degree of athletic ability I think hoping my son plays like Alex is alittle more realistic.

 

GIAT, as much as some might wish otherwise I can tell you that the folks at Rose Hill have nothing but respect for how hard the kids at Ashland play. I'll give you a perfect example. I admire Wilcox for overcoming his injury problem. To play at all, let alone make the all tournament team is a great story.

You can slice it any way you want to but any kid that shoots 12 for 36 from the floor - shot his team out of any chance they had to win. I would have liked to have seen what would have happened in the third quarter when they had a 8 pt lead and the ball three straight trips down the floor and Owens forced up contested 3 pointers.

FWIW, I have the same effection for #30 in maroon. Given Matt's degree of athletic ability I think hoping my son plays like Alex is alittle more realistic.

 

GIAT, as much as some might wish otherwise I can tell you that the folks at Rose Hill have nothing but respect for how hard the kids at Ashland play. I'll give you a perfect example. I admire Wilcox for overcoming his injury problem. To play at all, let alone make the all tournament team is a great story.

 

:thumb:

You can slice it any way you want to but any kid that shoots 12 for 36 from the floor - shot his team out of any chance they had to win. I would have liked to have seen what would have happened in the third quarter when they had a 8 pt lead and the ball three straight trips down the floor and Owens forced up contested 3 pointers.

 

The irony in the whole situation is that no matter how many shots he took, if he would have made a shot to win the game, he would be the greatest player you could ever talk about. And sure, a few people would mention how many shots he took, but that would be far fewer than the people praising him.

And yes I do agree with you that his shot selection in the 3rd qtr was very questionable. That was a situation that I would have like to have seen Coach Pratt sit him down for a min to collect himself, then come back in and take the ball to the hole, as he did for most of the 1st half. Fairview could not stop him on the inside, but Antonio did stop himself by taking foolish jumpers.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.