St. Patrick 2014/2015

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basketball season for 2014/2015 should provide another exciting year. What should we expect from St. Patrick Remember, please be constructive.
St. Patrick will have an excellent team this year! Saw them play yesterday. Even though it is summer ball they beat Fleming county and Bath county at the Nicholas Invitational. They have a very quick team. They have Stick in the middle, Jarrod McCall, Brennan Bauer, Bailey Jodrey, and Chase Burton. They really impressed me.

St. Patrick will have an excellent team this year! Saw them play yesterday. Even though it is summer ball they beat Fleming county and Bath county at the Nicholas Invitational. They have a very quick team. They have Stick in the middle, Jarrod McCall, Brennan Bauer, Bailey Jodrey, and Chase Burton. They really impressed me.

Welcome to BGP! :thumb:

I agree that we'll see an improved Saints team--one that will contend for a spot in the 10th Region Tournament. I saw them a couple of times early this past season & then I saw them in the 39th District Tournament. They made significant strides from the early portion of the season to the post season.

• 1 month later...

Well whats really nice about the SAINTS is that they have been in the weight room and have dedicated their summer to Coach Taylor and his philosophy...... True they lose 5 seniors but they lose uncommitted seniors. Addition by Subtraction. This team will get better simply because they had poor senior leadership this past year..... Coach Taylor and his staff have impeccable experience and basketball knowledge and those older guys were way too used to the old system...... I would be willing to bet that with their Solid big man (Sticklen) and much improved and invested PG (Bauer) they will be a tough wrangle. Plus Freshman Swolsky has grown to 6'4" and lets not forget the Burton kid who averaged 18 ppg over 4 games before becoming ill. He lost weight and step and never fully recovered during the latter part of the season. Bailey Jodrey was rumored out for the majority of the summer while they went on a tear. Heard They have 3 transfers adding depth and bounce. I look for Taylor and crew to run platoon style defense and offense 5 on 5 off every 4 minutes or so with Bauer and Sticklen. They can go big, small, quick, defense based and if they figure out their shooting woes....... watch out. They have 2 lock down defenders on their ball club in McCall and Jodrey that would run through a wall for Coach Taylor. look for Bauer to really distribute the ball for about 8 apg and 10 ppg and 2 T/Opg. If they nail another ball handler down they will be a top 7 maybe 6 region competitor....

Starters rumored:

PG Bauer - projected avg - 10ppg

SG Burton - projected avg - 12 ppg

SF McCall - projected avg - 10 ppg

SF Jodrey - projected avg - 10 ppg

F/C Sticklen - projected avg - 22 ppg

Reserves

Transfer 1 - ?

Transfer 2 - ?

Transfer 3 - ?

6'4" Swolsky - projected as MUST watch freshman - 8 ppg

6'0" Thompson - Chips in 4 ppg

5'8" Cress - chips in 2 ppg

Well whats really nice about the SAINTS is that they have been in the weight room and have dedicated their summer to Coach Taylor and his philosophy...... True they lose 5 seniors but they lose uncommitted seniors. Addition by Subtraction. This team will get better simply because they had poor senior leadership this past year..... Coach Taylor and his staff have impeccable experience and basketball knowledge and those older guys were way too used to the old system...... I would be willing to bet that with their Solid big man (Sticklen) and much improved and invested PG (Bauer) they will be a tough wrangle. Plus Freshman Swolsky has grown to 6'4" and lets not forget the Burton kid who averaged 18 ppg over 4 games before becoming ill. He lost weight and step and never fully recovered during the latter part of the season. Bailey Jodrey was rumored out for the majority of the summer while they went on a tear. Heard They have 3 transfers adding depth and bounce. I look for Taylor and crew to run platoon style defense and offense 5 on 5 off every 4 minutes or so with Bauer and Sticklen. They can go big, small, quick, defense based and if they figure out their shooting woes....... watch out. They have 2 lock down defenders on their ball club in McCall and Jodrey that would run through a wall for Coach Taylor. look for Bauer to really distribute the ball for about 8 apg and 10 ppg and 2 T/Opg. If they nail another ball handler down they will be a top 7 maybe 6 region competitor....

Starters rumored:

PG Bauer - projected avg - 10ppg

SG Burton - projected avg - 12 ppg

SF McCall - projected avg - 10 ppg

SF Jodrey - projected avg - 10 ppg

F/C Sticklen - projected avg - 22 ppg

Reserves

Transfer 1 - ?

Transfer 2 - ?

Transfer 3 - ?

6'4" Swolsky - projected as MUST watch freshman - 8 ppg

6'0" Thompson - Chips in 4 ppg

5'8" Cress - chips in 2 ppg

I agree! This will be a BANNER year for the SAINTS! I truly believe they will win the All "A" region this year. Their defense is unbelievable. During summer league, our best defender held one of your (projected by some) 10th region top 10 players to 0 points. Have offense and defense this year. I would rate them 2nd or 3rd in region. Just watch and see what happens. you will be AMAZED!

I agree! This will be a BANNER year for the SAINTS! I truly believe they will win the All "A" region this year. Their defense is unbelievable. During summer league, our best defender held one of your (projected by some) 10th region top 10 players to 0 points. Have offense and defense this year. I would rate them 2nd or 3rd in region. Just watch and see what happens. you will be AMAZED!

Who is this lock down defender you speak of?

I'm extremely disappointed that St. Patrick is not on our (Brossart) schedule this season. Coach Taylor refused to schedule us. We have a history with them. We have been playing St. Patrick continuously since 1954 and they were our school's first ever win back on Februay 3rd, 1956. While the Mustangs have had the upper hand with the Saints over the past few years, the Saints defeated the Mustangs twice as recently as 2007/08 once at the Bracken Co Inv Tournament and again in Maysville. OK, the Mustangs edged the Saints in the 10th "A" Semi-finals that same season, but over the years I don't think our win-loss record with St. Pat's is as lopsided as some would think. With St. Patrick on the opposite side of the bracket, the only way we would meet in this year's 10th Region "A" Tournament would be in the finals.

Perhaps Coach Taylor fails to realize that we lost six seniors to graduation, and with St. Pats on the upswing, and us rebuilding, should welcome the challenge of playing the Mustangs in the upcoming season. If the Saints are as they are touted to be, I would think their players would want a chance to turn the tables on the Mustangs.

I'm sure that Coach Taylor has his reasons, but there are years when one or the other of us need that game to fill out our schedules, and I would

think that the two Diocese of Covington Catholics would find a way to play each other on an annual basis.

I'm extremely disappointed that St. Patrick is not on our (Brossart) schedule this season. Coach Taylor refused to schedule us. We have a history with them. We have been playing St. Patrick continuously since 1954 and they were our school's first ever win back on Februay 3rd, 1956. While the Mustangs have had the upper hand with the Saints over the past few years, the Saints defeated the Mustangs twice as recently as 2007/08 once at the Bracken Co Inv Tournament and again in Maysville. OK, the Mustangs edged the Saints in the 10th "A" Semi-finals that same season, but over the years I don't think our win-loss record with St. Pat's is as lopsided as some would think. With St. Patrick on the opposite side of the bracket, the only way we would meet in this year's 10th Region "A" Tournament would be in the finals.

Perhaps Coach Taylor fails to realize that we lost six seniors to graduation, and with St. Pats on the upswing, and us rebuilding, should welcome the challenge of playing the Mustangs in the upcoming season. If the Saints are as they are touted to be, I would think their players would want a chance to turn the tables on the Mustangs.

I'm sure that Coach Taylor has his reasons, but there are years when one or the other of us need that game to fill out our schedules, and I would

think that the two Diocese of Covington Catholics would find a way to play each other on an annual basis.

The score was 46-6 at half last year. And Brossart did not run up the score. Had a hot night shooting hitting 7 treys in the first half and St. Pats had no answer for Brossart's size or 3's. After Brossart emptied the bench the second half score was 15-12 St. Pats utilizing the running clock. Might have been a good battle this year.

I look forward to continued improvement on the part of the Saints - lots of friends there.

Who are the one or two 10th region squads that will be better?

Brossart record against St. Pat is 48 to 25. Could this be the reason?

Brossart has won the past ten outings, but with that being said Mason County defeated us twenty consecutive times between 2000 and 2013 and I don't ever remember remotely considering dropping them.

Also conspicuous by their absence on the St. Pat's 14-15 schedule are the Royals, Bracken County, and Silver Grove.

Lots of newcomers including Burgin, Riverside Christian, Calvary Christian, Williamstown, Fairview, Conner, Walton-Verona, Gallatin County, Estill County, Montgomery County, Harrison County, Dayton, and Ludlow.

I do note that the Saints are playing in the Henry County Christmas Tournament, so I'm sure that we will meet up there.

Whatever, as I said, I'm sure Coach Taylor has his reasons for making the changes that he has. We too have lots of friends at St. Patricks. I always look forward to my annual chat with Mrs. Gast and playing in the Cloverdome. Perhaps things will change in the future and we will once again grace the St. Patrick schedule.

Brossart has won the past ten outings, but with that being said Mason County defeated us twenty consecutive times between 2000 and 2013 and I don't ever remember remotely considering dropping them.

Also conspicuous by their absence on the St. Pat's 14-15 schedule are the Royals, Bracken County, and Silver Grove.

Lots of newcomers including Burgin, Riverside Christian, Calvary Christian, Williamstown, Fairview, Conner, Walton-Verona, Gallatin County, Estill County, Montgomery County, Harrison County, Dayton, and Ludlow.

I do note that the Saints are playing in the Henry County Christmas Tournament, so I'm sure that we will meet up there.

Whatever, as I said, I'm sure Coach Taylor has his reasons for making the changes that he has. We too have lots of friends at St. Patricks. I always look forward to my annual chat with Mrs. Gast and playing in the Cloverdome. Perhaps things will change in the future and we will once again grace the St. Patrick schedule.

I think Coach Taylor has rubbed a some wrong way from the early going. I know he fueled the fire with Augusta early with comments on his radio show and he didn't help himself any with the way he acted at Bracken County in the District Tournament last season, though I believe he later apologized for his actions. I don't know the reasons for taking BB off the schedule, but it may just be as simple as scheduling lighter this season. Eventually if All A schools are contenders they will meet up with Code and his boys.