June summer schedule

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did Danville appear to be the best team there? Looks like they were based on those scores. Extremely athletic, well-coached team from the 12th that should fare much better this year. Return about everyone.

So hard to get much from these scrimmages.

Boone was without at least 2 starters. Stanley stood out.

Danville was playing first game of the day versus HHS playing their third. HHS does not have the depth to handle a fresh athletic team like Danville.

SK looked good. Nice overall size. Quite a few long lean kids. SK/Jackson Cty scrimmage turned nasty toward the end. Luckily no one was hurt.

Agree that you often can't read too much into summer games. Never know if teams have their full rosters and coaches often use those games to work on new things and rotate frequently.

Was Isaiah Collier playing for Jackson County? I'd heard he may be transferring (again).

Told after 4 quarters of mostly starters action that Cov Cath beat Mason Co 64-55. Bo Schuh had close to 25 if not more. Scored from inside, mid range, and knocked down a couple threes. Vanhandorf did not play, and was in a boot on the bench.

Mainly second 5 played 2 more quarters, with Mason Co winning 36-34.

Holmes beat Campbell today 73-48 with Bolden having over 30, including a nasty one hand dunk in transition after pinning Jackson on a dunk attempt.

Wilson and #3 stood out for CC...love Wilson's game. He was scoring consistently out to 15 feet. Probably had around 20.

Holmes beat Campbell today 73-48 with Bolden having over 30' date=' including a nasty one hand dunk in transition after pinning Jackson on a dunk attempt. Wilson and #3 stood out for CC...love Wilson's game. He was scoring consistently out to 15 feet. Probably had around 20.[/quote']

#3 is Blake Losey. Camels need him to have a big year.

Did Holmes have some players not present for last weeks game against Camels? They looked like a different team. And Bolden just gets it done on offense. I assume his defense is better in real games because he probably had 10 fouls called on him.

#3 is Blake Losey. Camels need him to have a big year.

Did Holmes have some players not present for last weeks game against Camels? They looked like a different team. And Bolden just gets it done on offense. I assume his defense is better in real games because he probably had 10 fouls called on him.

I liked what I saw from Losey...nice shot. I assume he is related to Nate Losey?

Not sure if Holmes was missing anyone last week or not, but they did look good today. I was honestly surprised as that was the first time I had seen them as a team this summer. They looked really good at both ends, but especially in transition.

Bolden got called for a couple offensive fouls that I just watched from the video I got and seemed like they were some bogus calls. The one where he hits the step back jumper on Jackson, they say he pushes off but Dre was 2 feet away from him before he even stopped and stepped back. Dre runs right by him when he plants and they called a push off. The other was when he had a break away and kind of used his body to shield himself from the defender. Could've gone either way but that was more of a legit call than the other.

I'm putting together the video now. I'll post it later tonight with highlights from both teams.

I would typically think that if the varsity team needs to use 17 guys, they are probably not doing all that well. I'll assume some sarcasm there :) Mullins will be a beast, and maybe the most consistent player they have. Pracht and Robinson will need to play hard, consistent, and have to score for SK to have success. I believe both of them are more than capable of doing those things. I like juniors, Walker and Sammons, as they both play hard and seem fairly smart. Not sure where Vercheak fits this year, but with his size, I have to think he'll see his share of minutes. As for sophomores, I see Racke, Hawkins, and maybe even Cottrell getting some minutes. However it goes down, I think SK will do well because Steiner seems to get the best from the talent he has. Puts his guys in good positions.

Went to Grant County last night to watch Pendleton and Boone. Pendleton opened against Grant who played what I assume is their JV team. Pendleton beat Grant's JV and got smoked by Boone. Belcher had some nice sets. Seems to favor the flex.

Boone v Grant was a good game. Both teams played hard and I was impressed with Grant's big man and of course Stanley for Boone. Neither team shot very well but I contribute that to both playing solid defense.

One final takeaway. I was impressed with how coach Grammer stuck up for his players. There was a hard foul by Boone and the official seemed to yell at Grants player. Grammer went right at the official and told him he'll take care of his players. I didn't see Grant do anything to deserve being yelled at by the official.

Campbell County shedule for Saturday June 14th

Main gym

10 PC VS Highlands

11 PC VS Scott

12 Campbell vs Boone

1 Boone vs Scott

2 Campbell vs SK

3 SK vs Newport

4 Campbell vs Newport

5 Silver Grove vs Newport

6 Campbell vs Silver Grove

In practice gym all JV games but one.