Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 2014

Featured Replies

What does Russell need to do to improve in 2014? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Russell I know has some extremely good talent / athletes in the younger fr./soph classes and should be back making deep State runs in the near future. All have their opinions on how legendary coach Ivan McGlone was pushed out, basically fired by an administration - boosters that in jmo should be ashamed to go out in public. McGlone IS Russell Football and wanted couple more seasons to bring this talented group back to state championship contention. After all the years, what the man has done, lives he changed and nothing but class brought to Russell High School imo he more than deserved to go out on his terms.

Those things I mentioned were on the school admistr6ation, some booster club members/alums and certainly Are Not a reflection on the kids/players and/or Coach T.J. Maynard. Russell has good kids, coach Maynard returning to his alma mater from an extremely good tenure at Raceland and GCHS before that. T.J. is an excellent coach to say the least and he will do a fine job at Russell.

I also want to publicly thank Coach Maynard for the fine job that he did in his years at Raceland as a D coordinator under Coach R. Vanderhoof and then head coach at Raceland. The winning tradition was well established at Raceland before Maynard came and he continued that. Russell has a well established tradition as well and I am sure that coach Maynard will continue that as well.

Good Luck to coach Maynard and the Russell players. Just not too much....:idunno: :D.

I anticipate Russell begins looking like the Russell of old this year with a very young team beginning to come of age and the new life the Maynard hire brings.

 

Could see the Devils moving into the Top 10 of 3A and making a nice playoff push.

 

I think best case scenario is a Regional Title... worst case they lose to Mason County in the regular season and make a 2nd Round exit at the hands of Bourbon.

Why no more talk in here? I think Russell finds out what happens when Maglone gone IMO

I think Russell will really adapt well to the changes that are happening.

I believe Cody McPeak transfered to Russell.. Have also heard that they have a lot of big linemen coming up through the system. Sounds like they are on their way back up.

I believe Cody McPeak transfered to Russell.

 

Where did he transfer from? Fairview?

Where did he transfer from? Fairview?

 

Transfered from Fairview to Ashland, last week I heard he has left Ashland for Russell. Can't confirm it yet but it came from several reliable people.

I believe Cody McPeak transfered to Russell.. Have also heard that they have a lot of big linemen coming up through the system. Sounds like they are on their way back up.

 

Are you certain? Thought he went with his dad. Unless his dad's plans changed and he's not coaching in another state, I'd assume his son went with. I'll shoot a text to someone who will know for certain.

  • Author
Where did he transfer from? Fairview?

From Fairview to Ashland. From Ashland to Russell. The last game he played was at Fairview. It has become a common practice in our area for a three school transfer to happen so the sending school (Ashland) will report that he did not play football last season at Ashland.

 

Some may say this tactic doesn't work, but I have seen it work many times without an address change.

 

That is why I said last year when he transferred to Ashland that he would never play a game at Ashland.

Are you certain? Thought he went with his dad. Unless his dad's plans changed and he's not coaching in another state, I'd assume his son went with. I'll shoot a text to someone who will know for certain.

 

Not certain, I heard that he left from four different people though, two of which said he went tk Russell. Like I said I'm not certain though so don't want to state it as a fact until I hear more.

I'm not sure what to expect from Russell this year with the new offense but I would like to see Russell challenge Mason County for the disrict tittle and win a few games in the playoffs . I'd love to see them win 3a but I'm not sure they have what its takes just yet, I'd love them to prove me wrong though.

  • Author
I'm not sure what to expect from Russell this year with the new offense but I would like to see Russell challenge Mason County for the disrict tittle and win a few games in the playoffs . I'd love to see them win 3a but I'm not sure they have what its takes just yet, I'd love them to prove me wrong though.

You will always have some growing pains with a new offense, but to be honest, I think Russell's personnel will look a lot better in the new offense. Many people think you have to have "Great" athletes to run the spread offense, but in reality the offense works well with "average" athletes and is only better with great athletes.

 

Now, you may have trouble convincing some Russell fans that it IS legal to throw a forward pass, but I'll let you fight that fight. lol

I have to sons that play for Russell and they have said nothing about Cody being at school or practice.

What is tough for Russell is that they are about to regain their footing over the next couple years and should have solid teams...but Belfry is still on their side of the bracket and starting in 2015 will be in the opposite district. Belfry has the chance to be historically up the next 3-4 years.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.