Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 2006

Featured Replies

It won’t be long now until spring practice begins. I understand that the team has been working hard in the weight room all winter and maxed out this week.

 

Here are the three highest maxes from each lift.

 

Squat:

Walters - 600

Gallaher - 535

Davis - 515

 

Bench:

Walters - 330

Parsley - 275

Gallaher - 275

 

Cleans:

Salyers - 255

Gallaher - 245

Walters - 235

 

I think these are impressive numbers. I can’t wait to see them on the practice field.

  • Replies 153
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won’t be long now until spring practice begins. I understand that the team has been working hard in the weight room all winter and maxed out this week.

 

Here are the three highest maxes from each lift.

 

Squat:

Walters - 600

Gallaher - 535

Davis - 515

 

Bench:

Walters - 330

Parsley - 275

Gallaher - 275

 

Cleans:

Salyers - 255

Gallaher - 245

Walters - 235

 

I think these are impressive numbers. I can’t wait to see them on the practice field.

 

Im also very excited! Michael Walters squating 600 lbs. is scary. Thats like squating a Hyundai!

Im also very excited! Michael Walters squating 600 lbs. is scary. Thats like squating a Hyundai!

 

 

 

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom !

 

 

Oh!! That's Mazda. :D

 

Anyway, If this is correct , it appears the guys are utilizing the weight room effectively this offseason. :thumb:

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom !

 

 

Oh!! That's Mazda. :D

 

Anyway, If this is correct , it appears the guys are utilizing the weight room effectively this offseason. :thumb:

True and junior to be Darrell Mahan appears to be working alot harder than he used to be. Hopefully getting himself ready to play QB next season. He made the Strength Club with a 230 bench, 200 clean, and 330 squat. These numbers are big improvements from the last max from what i hear.

True and junior to be Darrell Mahan appears to be working alot harder than he used to be. Hopefully getting himself ready to play QB next season. He made the Strength Club with a 230 bench, 200 clean, and 330 squat. These numbers are big improvements from the last max from what i hear.

 

That is what I like to hear! Keep it up! :ylsuper:

  • Author
True and junior to be Darrell Mahan appears to be working alot harder than he used to be. Hopefully getting himself ready to play QB next season. He made the Strength Club with a 230 bench, 200 clean, and 330 squat. These numbers are big improvements from the last max from what i hear.

 

Goliath: thanks for the update on Mahan. I’m told that he has been working at the YMCA with Ashland’s graduating QB. I’m glad to see that he is getting stronger and showing results.

 

I have also been told that Darrell is listed as number 1 on the depth chart at QB. This probably doesn’t mean much yet, because it is so early. But, it is a good start. I hope that he (and the rest of the team) keeps working hard in the off season – it will pay off on the field. I believe that hard work will lead to success.

 

Getting anxious,

 

Graybeard

  • Author
Zoom, Zoom, Zoom !

 

 

Oh!! That's Mazda. :D

 

 

I love this post! :laugh:

 

 

 

.... Anyway, If this is correct ... :thumb:

 

 

Why do you question the veracity of an old man with flowing gray whiskers? I have very reliable sources. :D

 

 

Gone fishing (again),

Graybeard

Is there going to be A QB conterversity( sorry if I spelled this wrong) ???

Is there going to be A QB conterversity( sorry if I spelled this wrong) ???

 

Nope. If Mahan can handle the job it is his.

As for now though, thats a pretty big if.

Also, Luke Bonner has been working hard, and has gotten into the Strength Club as well.

 

Bench-220

Squat-340

cleans-190

Why do you question the veracity of an old man with flowing gray whiskers? I have very reliable sources. :D

 

 

Gone fishing (again),

Graybeard

 

 

Forgive me ole wise one. My intentions were not of doubt but of surprise of the efforts of the young ones.

Goliath: thanks for the update on Mahan. I’m told that he has been working at the YMCA with Ashland’s graduating QB. I’m glad to see that he is getting stronger and showing results.

 

I have also been told that Darrell is listed as number 1 on the depth chart at QB. This probably doesn’t mean much yet, because it is so early. But, it is a good start. I hope that he (and the rest of the team) keeps working hard in the off season – it will pay off on the field. I believe that hard work will lead to success.

 

Getting anxious,

 

Graybeard

 

 

As I said in posts about this subject months ago, you will always miss the very good ones lost to graduation, but the maturation of the younger players always provides a few surprises come August.

Also, Luke Bonner has been working hard, and has gotten into the Strength Club as well.

 

Bench-220

Squat-340

cleans-190

 

Bonner will have a great season on both O and D. :ylsuper:

Bonner will have a great season on both O and D. :ylsuper:

I Agree.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.