Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fay Tweets Bruce May Need Surgery

Featured Replies

  • Replies 41
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As Lance questioned on Twitter: Did Bruce PH with a torn meniscus or did Bruce PH and tear his meniscus?

 

Thought it was stated that he didn't start because of a knee "issue". Whether they knew or not exactly what it was, I don't know. And if they did, maybe he was sent up to PH just to try to put the ball into the outfield...and not worry about running it out.

It's my understanding that there are two meniscus surgeries: one actually repairs the meniscus & requires a longer recovery time. The other surgery removes the meniscus and allows for a quicker return (but increased likelihood of future complications, i.e. arthritis).

 

For Bruce, it appears to be a partial meniscus tear. I'm assuming he'll undergo the partial meniscectomy & the 3-4 week timeframe seems pretty reasonable.

 

New word for the day.

As Lance questioned on Twitter: Did Bruce PH with a torn meniscus or did Bruce PH and tear his meniscus?

 

I think he pinch hit with a torn meniscus. There's no way he tore his meniscus standing flat footed and blindly waving a bat at 3 pitches.

from ESPN: Bruce to have surgery, and could miss up to a month of games, not to mention, he is one of only three current players (Miguel Cabrera of the Detroit Tigers and the Texas Rangers' Adrian Beltre) with at least 30 home runs in each of the last three seasons. Bruce, a two-time All-Star, averaged 32 homers and 101 RBIs per season from 2011-2013.r more of baseball, don't know if this Reds team can weather this storm.

That left me scratching my head because there was a guy on 1st. If they only had a runner on 3rd with one out, no big deal. He hits a ground ball and he can stay in the box. With the runner on 1st, they were taking a risk IMO. A ground ball ends the inning.

That left me scratching my head because there was a guy on 1st. If they only had a runner on 3rd with one out, no big deal. He hits a ground ball and he can stay in the box. With the runner on 1st, they were taking a risk IMO. A ground ball ends the inning.

 

Thought it was first and third? (Could be I've got my innings mixed up) But, even so, I get your point, a double play ends the inning.

Thought it was first and third? (Could be I've got my innings mixed up) But, even so, I get your point, a double play ends the inning.

 

It was. My point was, I don't understand why you PH with a guy with a torn knee in that situation.

 

I get they just wanted a fly ball, but if he hits it on the ground, any hope of scoring is gone, and you risk possible further damage to the knee if he tries to run it out. Had the runner not been on 1st, then I completely get it. Just seemed odd to me.

It was. My point was, I don't understand why you PH with a guy with a torn knee in that situation.

 

I get they just wanted a fly ball, but if he hits it on the ground, any hope of scoring is gone, and you risk possible further damage to the knee if he tries to run it out. Had the runner not been on 1st, then I completely get it. Just seemed odd to me.

 

Aside from Billy Hamilton, who else did the Reds have available that you'd think would be able to beat out a double play ball?

Aside from Billy Hamilton, who else did the Reds have available that you'd think would be able to beat out a double play ball?

 

If he couldn't run then any ground ball would be a double play ball. I think that was the point he was making.

Any ground ball is a double play ball for everyone on the Reds except for Hamilton and Leake and Cingrani if they are hitting. Heck I like to play a little game when one of the regulars hits a DP ball.......if we took a photo of the first baseman catching the ball will the Reds player even be in the picture? Usually the answer is No.

 

And Bruce was usually one that could be in the picture........now he joins the Votto, Phillips, Ludwick, Frazier, Mesorocco, Cozart club.

Any ground ball is a double play ball for everyone on the Reds except for Hamilton and Leake and Cingrani if they are hitting. Heck I like to play a little game when one of the regulars hits a DP ball.......if we took a photo of the first baseman catching the ball will the Reds player even be in the picture? Usually the answer is No.

 

And Bruce was usually one that could be in the picture........now he joins the Votto, Phillips, Ludwick, Frazier, Mesorocco, Cozart club.

 

I'd give Heisey the nod for being in the first group that could potentially beat one out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.