Fay Tweets Bruce May Need Surgery

John Fay ‏@johnfayman 11m

Heard from a source that jay Bruce may need surgery. #reds

Jay Bruce didn't start today due to a knee issue. This report by Fay does not sound good. He had no specifics, but if true, this is why you don't trade Heisey. Whether it is minor or major, if he has surgery, he will very likely be out a while.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Fay ‏@johnfayman 11m

Heard from a source that jay Bruce may need surgery. #reds

Jay Bruce didn't start today due to a knee issue. This report by Fay does not sound good. He had no specifics, but if true, this is why you don't trade Heisey. Whether it is minor or major, if he has surgery, he will very likely be out a while.

First, who said to trade Heisey? Second, who could possibly predict that Bruce would be out an extended period of time?

Rotation of the 2 more than likely, Heisey doesn't do well as an every day guy for extended periods and Schumaker is just coming of the DL isn't he.

Correct on both. I think you have to have Schumaker in there every day. Heisey in the same role he's always been.

Correct on both. I think you have to have Schumaker in there every day. Heisey in the same role he's always been.

Don't forget Hamilton and Ludwig can not play every day either as it seems.

Outfield by committee, it will either work or epic fail.

First, who said to trade Heisey? Second, who could possibly predict that Bruce would be out an extended period of time?

No one on here, but I have heard several on talk radio say to trade him while they could get value. I never said teh reds seriously thought that. Just an assumption on the length of time, we'll see.