Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favorite Player(s)

Featured Replies

The purpose of this thread is to list your favorite players. Can be past or present.

 

1. Babe Ruth

2. Hank Aaron

3. Roger Clemons

4. Roy Halladay

5. Mark McGwire

6. Alex Rodriguez

7. Mickey Mantel

8. Mark Prior

9. Kerry Wood

10. Tim Hudson

 

I'm sure their's more that will come to mind but those are my top 10. You don't have to list a top 10, list as many as you want.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thread. and an interesting list to start things off by the way ASB.

 

Whatever the over/under is for the number of times Pete Rose is mentioned, I'll take the over.

10 off the top of my head in no particular order.

 

Pete Rose

Greg Maddox

Ricky Henderson

Nolan Ryan

Rod Carew

Steve Carlton

Barry Larkin

Ryne Sandberg

Mariano Rivera

Eric Davis

1) Chipper Jones

2) Greg Maddux

3) Tom Glavine

4) John Smoltz

5) Javy Lopez

6) Mike Trout

7) Tim Hudson

8) Troy Tulowitzki

9) Evan Longoria

10) David Price

 

Yes.... I'm a huge Brave homer.

.......

 

Reds:

 

1) Davey Concepcion

2) Mario Soto

3) Adam Dunn

4) Jose Rijo

5) George Foster

6) Johnny Bench

7) Joe Morgan

8) Dan Driessen

9) Hal Morris

10)Rob Dibble

 

Non-Reds:

1) Rickey Henderson

2) Will Clark

3) Dave Stewart

4) Joe Carter

5) Dwight Evans

6) Don Mattingly

7) David Ortiz

8) Derek Jeter

9) Bernie Williams

10)UL Washington

1. Babe Ruth

2. Lou Gehrig

3. Willie Mays

4. Hank Aaron

5. Joe Morgan

6. Tony Perez

7. Ken Griffey Sr.

8. George Foster

9. Casar Geronimo

10 Pete Rose

11. Johnny Bench

12. Davey Concepcion

13. Brandon Phillips

 

What can I say? The Big Red Machine is the foundation of my childhood love of baseball, and for this young lad they did not disappoint. No unit of players for me has or can ever replace the excitement that the '75/'76 Reds brought.

 

They dominated the National League from 1970-1976. They are widely recognized as being among the best teams in history. Over that span they won five National League West Division titles, four National League pennants, and two World Series titles, and averaged 98 wins per season.

 

They spoiled me because for my entire pre-teen days, they were the most awesome team in baseball. What more could a kid ask for from their favorite team?

1) Ted Williams

2) Pete Rose

3) Johnny Bench

4) Barry Larkin

5) Eric Davis

6) Gregg Maddux

7) Mark McGwire

8) Ken Griffey JR

9) Tom Browning

10) Sean Casey

 

Currently my Top 5

 

1) Votto

2) Pujols

3) Bruce

4) Trout

5) Cabrera

Infielders:

Ozzie Smith (probably my favorite of all time)

Derek Jeter

Barry Larkin

Nomar Garciapara

Ryne Sandberg

Chase Utley

Fred McGriff

Rafael Belliard

Chris Sabo

Jeff Bagwell

Craig Biggio

 

Catchers:

Ivan Rodriguez

Benito Santiago

 

Outfielders:

Vladimir Guerrero (favorite OF)

Rickey Henderson (favorite as a kid)

Jim Edmonds

Ken Griffey Jr.

Kenny Lofton

David Justice

Torri Hunter

Gary Sheffield

Andy Van Slyke

 

Pitchers:

Nolan Ryan

Barry Zito (Oakland)

Randy Johnson

Mariano Rivera

Tim Lincecum

John Smoltz

Greg Maddux

Jose Rijo

John Smiley (he gave me a ball after he warmed up in the bullpen before a start)

I can't believe I forgot Stan "the man" Musial

* Twins homer who watches the Reds a lot...

 

1) Kirby Puckett

2) Brad Radke

3) Corey Koskie

4) Barry Larkin

5) Kent Hrbek

6) Ken Griffey, Jr.

7) Tony Gwynn

8) Nolan Ryan

9) Chris Sabo

10) Joe Nathan

Funny I have yet to see a Cal Ripken JR. I forgot about him, but loved watching him play

I was always a HUGE fan of Vladdy Guerrero.

 

Ken Griffey Junior is probably my all-time favorite.

 

During the 90's, I was a Chris Sabo fan. I even bought some Rec-Specs for the backyard, even though I didn't need glasses.

Funny I have yet to see a Cal Ripken JR. I forgot about him, but loved watching him play

 

Oh man can't believe I forgot him. He's probably somewhere in that top 10. Maybe just outside.

I was always a HUGE fan of Vladdy Guerrero.

 

Ken Griffey Junior is probably my all-time favorite.

 

During the 90's, I was a Chris Sabo fan. I even bought some Rec-Specs for the backyard, even though I didn't need glasses.

 

:laugh: As a kid who HAD to wear ref-specs, that was part of my love for Sabo.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.