Bad Boys: 30 for 30

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to watch this last night. I was just a young'n back in those days. Watching that shows just how much the game has evolved.

It's strange to me to thing about how good Isaiah Thomas was and that he was left off of the dream team. I do believe it had to do with the perception of his team.

I don't think a team like the Bad Boys would survive in today's league. League wouldn't allow it. Some of that stuff would be multiple game suspensions.

I do think that if someone socked someone like Parish did Laimbeer in today's NBA they would not only get ejected, but would likely get a severe suspension. Like. A season.

What really gets me about these guys is that still to this day, they admit to no wrongdoing. Isaiah won't admit that he said anything wrong. Laimbeer said they weren't a dirty team. Etc. etc. That's the only part that rubs me the wrong way with them. You were who you were. They allowed it. It won you two championships. Own it.

Rodman's story of going from a 22 year old Airport Janitor to arguably one of the 50 greatest to ever play the game is amazing. It's a shame his late career antics overshadow his talent.

Watching it now. Brings back a ton of memories.

Isaiah was a bad dude. Reinforces my belief that he is better than AI and it ain't close.

Pippen couldn't handle the pressure in game 7.

The Pistons took some hard lumps before becoming champs. Then the Bulls did. A lot of fun watching teams grow back in the day.

It was always exciting when Vinnie Johnson came in the game. The Microwave.

I got to watch this last night. I was just a young'n back in those days. Watching that shows just how much the game has evolved.

It's strange to me to thing about how good Isaiah Thomas was and that he was left off of the dream team. I do believe it had to do with the perception of his team.

I don't think a team like the Bad Boys would survive in today's league. League wouldn't allow it. Some of that stuff would be multiple game suspensions.

I do think that if someone socked someone like Parish did Laimbeer in today's NBA they would not only get ejected, but would likely get a severe suspension. Like. A season.

What really gets me about these guys is that still to this day, they admit to no wrongdoing. Isaiah won't admit that he said anything wrong. Laimbeer said they weren't a dirty team. Etc. etc. That's the only part that rubs me the wrong way with them. You were who you were. They allowed it. It won you two championships. Own it.

Rodman's story of going from a 22 year old Airport Janitor to arguably one of the 50 greatest to ever play the game is amazing. It's a shame his late career antics overshadow his talent.

But if you listened to James Worthy in the 30 for 30 he didn't think the Pistons were any more physical or dirty than the Celtics. He actually thought the Celtics were more physical and more dirty.

What is it he does? I've never heard that. I remember the Westbrook incident at the end of the year last year, but there's gotta be more than that, right?

Just youtube Patrick Beverley and watch how he plays, other players call him the pest. Dude is all out and I personally love it.

• 1 month later...