Report: “Many in football” believe Browns will take Derek Carr

According to a published report, there’s sentiment in league circles that Cleveland has zeroed in on one particular passing prospect.

Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman reports the Browns “love” Fresno State’s Derek Carr and that “many in football” believe Cleveland will take him with the second of their two first-round picks (No. 26).

Report: ?Many in football? believe Browns will take Derek Carr | ProFootballTalk

I'd still rather take a flyer on Manziel but I would like to see the Browns take Watkins Jr. and Carr if possible. I'd be fine with that in the first round. WR core of Watkins Jr, Gordon, and Hawins with Cameron at TE is pretty solid for any QB.

With the Browns matching the offer sheet and keeping Alex Mack their offensive line will be stable, Ben Tate in the RB slot is nice and I'm sure they'll draft an RB in the mid to late rounds.

Browns go offense in the 1st round, possibly grab another OL in the 2nd then go defense.

I'd still rather take a flyer on Manziel but I would like to see the Browns take Watkins Jr. and Carr if possible. I'd be fine with that in the first round. WR core of Watkins Jr, Gordon, and Hawins with Cameron at TE is pretty solid for any QB.

With the Browns matching the offer sheet and keeping Alex Mack their offensive line will be stable, Ben Tate in the RB slot is nice and I'm sure they'll draft an RB in the mid to late rounds.

Browns go offense in the 1st round, possibly grab another OL in the 2nd then go defense.

As a Browns fan, I will be extremely mad if they take Watkins with the 4th pick. The WR class is crazy deep, there is no need to spend your highest draft pick on that in the Browns situation. They need a quarterback, and have since the beginning of time it feels like, they need to take "their guy" at 4, whoever that may be.

As a Browns fan' date=' I will be extremely mad if they take Watkins with the 4th pick. The WR class is crazy deep, there is no need to spend your highest draft pick on that in the Browns situation. They need a quarterback, and have since the beginning of time it feels like, they need to take "their guy" at 4, whoever that may be.[/quote']

So let me get this straight. Don't take Watkins at 4 because WR class is deep but take QB at 4 because that's their need? The QB class is not slim itself. Plus the QB's that everyone keeps talking about no one is sold on. Manziel, Bortles, etc. they all have red flags.

Yes the Browns need a QB but you don't take one just to take one with the 4th pick.

To me, there are three guys that in the draft that I don't see how anyone could pass on. They will be immediate starters at critical positions, and will probably be in the league for 12-15 years.

Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn

Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M

Robinson and Matthews are going to make any QB better.