Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Report: “Many in football” believe Browns will take Derek Carr

Featured Replies

According to a published report, there’s sentiment in league circles that Cleveland has zeroed in on one particular passing prospect.

 

Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman reports the Browns “love” Fresno State’s Derek Carr and that “many in football” believe Cleveland will take him with the second of their two first-round picks (No. 26).

 

Report: ?Many in football? believe Browns will take Derek Carr | ProFootballTalk

  • Author

Good move or bad move for the Browns?

I would lean his way over Teddy, Manziel, and maybe Bortles.

I don't think the Browns are leaning towards him. They have been extremely coy and tight lipped about everything for the draft process. This person is just guessing IMO.

Bortles will be LONG GONE by #26.

 

Probably. I'm just saying I think he's the safest pick of the bunch.

What a shame, if true. First his brother goes #1 and has his career ruined in Houston and now this....Someone needs to break the jinx on this family.

He's the top "1st round" QB prospect IMO. I think they'd be wise to try and grab him.

I'd still rather take a flyer on Manziel but I would like to see the Browns take Watkins Jr. and Carr if possible. I'd be fine with that in the first round. WR core of Watkins Jr, Gordon, and Hawins with Cameron at TE is pretty solid for any QB.

 

With the Browns matching the offer sheet and keeping Alex Mack their offensive line will be stable, Ben Tate in the RB slot is nice and I'm sure they'll draft an RB in the mid to late rounds.

 

 

Browns go offense in the 1st round, possibly grab another OL in the 2nd then go defense.

I think Mettenberger from LSU is going to be the top QB eventually out of this class.

I think Mettenberger from LSU is going to be the top QB eventually out of this class.

 

I think you may be right. I think Aaron Murray from Georgia is going to be a quality NFL QB also.

I agree on Murray.

 

I still feel Manziel will surprise some people too...

I'd still rather take a flyer on Manziel but I would like to see the Browns take Watkins Jr. and Carr if possible. I'd be fine with that in the first round. WR core of Watkins Jr, Gordon, and Hawins with Cameron at TE is pretty solid for any QB.

 

With the Browns matching the offer sheet and keeping Alex Mack their offensive line will be stable, Ben Tate in the RB slot is nice and I'm sure they'll draft an RB in the mid to late rounds.

 

 

Browns go offense in the 1st round, possibly grab another OL in the 2nd then go defense.

 

As a Browns fan, I will be extremely mad if they take Watkins with the 4th pick. The WR class is crazy deep, there is no need to spend your highest draft pick on that in the Browns situation. They need a quarterback, and have since the beginning of time it feels like, they need to take "their guy" at 4, whoever that may be.

As a Browns fan' date=' I will be extremely mad if they take Watkins with the 4th pick. The WR class is crazy deep, there is no need to spend your highest draft pick on that in the Browns situation. They need a quarterback, and have since the beginning of time it feels like, they need to take "their guy" at 4, whoever that may be.[/quote']

 

So let me get this straight. Don't take Watkins at 4 because WR class is deep but take QB at 4 because that's their need? The QB class is not slim itself. Plus the QB's that everyone keeps talking about no one is sold on. Manziel, Bortles, etc. they all have red flags.

 

Yes the Browns need a QB but you don't take one just to take one with the 4th pick.

To me, there are three guys that in the draft that I don't see how anyone could pass on. They will be immediate starters at critical positions, and will probably be in the league for 12-15 years.

 

Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn

Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M

 

Robinson and Matthews are going to make any QB better.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.