Marcus Lee Announces His Return To UK

JokersWild24

Cal just tweeted me and scolded me, potential recruits reading BGP didn't like what I said. The guy didn't even score 60 points on the season we knew he wasn't going pro. I appreciate everything he did and the big minutes he provided. Relax a little.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes, I think this does help perpetuate the image of "some" within BBN as being unrealistic rednecks ready to turn against their own at the least disappointment (Remember the "Fire Cal" chants just a few weeks ago)?

And I certainly don't take myself too seriously, just embarrassed to see "fans" making fun of a kid who just gave everything he had for them--That's all?? Just giving an already loaded group of haters more ammunition?

1st of all, not a "redneck". Unless you have a doctorate then I'm more or just as educated than you.

Never said anything about Cal and have always supported him and all the players.

We didn't turn against him, Like I said before for Lee to even have an announcement or someone make it for him is a joke. I Loved what Lee did in the tournament but like a said a joke to make announcement.

Actually, for me the concern about Lee was that he would transfer, not go pro. I hope this info is true and that he will be with UK next season.

I could see a transfer before going pro especially with the recruits coming in next year.

Why would Lee consider transferring, he was a McDonalds All American like the ones coming in?

Players transfer a lot and with Lee not getting much time this past year and with more top players coming in I could see him transferring.

I hope he doesn't. He is one that could be a 3-4 year player.

I'll stand by my feeling that grown men mocking a freshman in college over an obvious decision (which if you'd paid attention HE didn't say a word about) as being a tad weak?? And yes, I think this does help perpetuate the image of "some" within BBN as being unrealistic rednecks ready to turn against their own at the least disappointment (Remember the "Fire Cal" chants just a few weeks ago)?

And I certainly don't take myself too seriously, just embarrassed to see "fans" making fun of a kid who just gave everything he had for them--That's all?? Just giving an already loaded group of haters more ammunition?

"That's a joke ... I say...that's a joke, son. Don't ya get it!? Any of this filterin' through that blue bonnet of yours?"

“As senior rooster ’round here, it’s my duty, and my pleasure, to instruct junior roosters in the ancient art of roostery”

Cal mention in one of his many interviews today that NBA teams brought it up to him in conversations about an "8th guy." Obviously that person was Lee. When Cal asked the players if he wanted him to check on their NBA status only 7 said yes. No surprise he's staying as he "didn't think he was going anywhere" to begin with..

Didn't single anyone out as a "Redneck" but if the shoe fits.................or if you don't where them that's cool too? Simply saying as someone who travels a lot and is a avid UK supporter; the impression of BBN outside of KY is often that of singular minded fans with no sense of reality, and often very unrealistic expectations (40-0 from a team starting 5 freshmen ring a bell????).

Understand the sarcasm myself, but you're simply feeding the beast (UK Haters). Feed on if you feel the need...........................I'll just try and support whoever wheres the uniform.

So now were at a point where UK fans are eating their own lol. There has been a lot worse said in here than what was said about Lee. I don't know how you got "this is why everyone hates UK fans" off of those posts.

So now were at a point where UK fans are eating their own lol. There has been a lot worse said in here than what was said about Lee. I don't know how you got "this is why everyone hates UK fans" off of those posts.

Just a sampling of the entire body of work. I think the vast majority are very avid, realistic fans, and simply saying these type of "shots" simply feed the detractors of the best fan base in collegiate sports?

I may have missed something, but did Marcus Lee ever "announce" he was returning??? I thought his brother was asked what was going on, and his response was that Marcus will be playing basketball at Kentucky next season. He didn't announce, and he didn't need to. It was very clear cut that he was coming back, but to mock him even if he did decide to "announce" he was coming back to Kentucky is just rude. I'll give a warm welcome back to Mr. Lee, even though I knew he wasn't going anywhere. Still gets me excited.