Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paintsville 65 Magoffin Co.63

Featured Replies

  • Author
Magoffin gave Paintsville all they wanted, and shoulda came out on top. IMO I think the better team lost. Magoffin is overall better than Paintsville but Magoffin has had a problem all year closing out games which was the problem tonight. You have to give props to Paintsville because they did not fold under the pressure and hung around all night and came out on top on one of the best games ive seen in a LONG time. Im not taking anything away from Paintsville, they are a great team, I just think Magoffin is better and they gave it away, and never could close it out.

 

Hard to say the better team lost when they went 0-3 against PHS for the season. I'll give credit to MC though, they played the most talented team in the region to the wire in 3 great games but the better team won each of those games. Paintsville just made a couple of more plays when they were needed. It's hard to believe that MC was the 4 seed. I think they are better than Sheldon Clark.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like these two had some good battles this season. 3-0 for the Tigers but all were 8 points or less.

Magoffin wasn't the 4 seed....they were the 5th...Thank You.

Magoffin caused Painstville some trouble on the post.

The Tigers play mostly 6 players and seems that there's only so many fouls that can be called on each player.

Don't know much about it, but I'm guessing the Tigers would have rather played any other team in the District besides Magoffin to make it to the region. Not saying they beat JC on their home floor by 20+.

If you were there at the game, give MC "some" credit. Yell, the Tigers came out early with some air balls and maybe a little flat, but Magoffin came out ready to play.

Paintsville made the plays when it counted and got the win.

How many times did the officials call carrying the ball in this game?

Magoffin gave Paintsville all they wanted, and shoulda came out on top. IMO I think the better team lost. Magoffin is overall better than Paintsville but Magoffin has had a problem all year closing out games which was the problem tonight. You have to give props to Paintsville because they did not fold under the pressure and hung around all night and came out on top on one of the best games ive seen in a LONG time. Im not taking anything away from Paintsville, they are a great team, I just think Magoffin is better and they gave it away, and never could close it out.

Magoffin is not better. However, I have to give it to them last night. They played awesome...Devon Rice was awesome...Paintsville couldn't stop him.

J. D. VanHoose went over 1,000 points for his career last night also!!! Way to go J. D.!!

This is the worst thing that could have happened for other region teams. This game will probably charge up Paintsville for the rest of the postseason.

Great season Magoffin!

 

This team will be remembered as the team that brought Magoffin County back into the Region. They've been pretty bad for several years. But this year's team was a threat to beat every team they played this year. The turn around is not yet complete. But this year's team is the team that brought the Hornets back.

 

And everyone knows it - especially the Magoffin County fans! What used to be a nearly empty gym was usually nearly full this year. You guys brought the fans back! For the first time in years, the concessions had to be moved back to the cafeteria to make room for seating in the upper arena on the visitor's side.

 

I'm very proud of this Hornet team. You represented Magoffin County well. You will be remembered in and around Magoffin County for many years!

 

God bless you all. And good luck in the future.

 

Congratulations Paintsville.

No doubt that Paintsville is more talented than Magoffin, as the Tigers won the District regular season and beat MC 3 out of 3!

 

BUT........ MC (and I can't see how they finished the season as a 5th seed?) came ready to play in this tourney! They gave Paintsville all that they wanted and the only reason that they lost is that they didn't make the last shot! It was simply a matter of who shot last and Paintsville did last night.

 

I think that this MC team will be a force to be dealt with next season. Of course with Paintsville mostly getting everyone back, there will be some great games next year between these two teams! I don't expect MC to be a 5th seed next year though!

 

Congrats to JD, who on a poor shooting night, went over 1,000 pts.

 

TO Magoffin County: Be proud of your players and your coach and look forward to next year.

 

TO Paintsville: Good luck on winning the 57th and the Region!!

Good Job Paintsville

This game just shows how close that this district really is. Great game for the fans to watch.

This game just shows how close that this district really is. Great game for the fans to watch.

 

You are absolutely correct! And the unfortunate thing is that they have all of these talented teams wedged into a 5 team district while the Pike County schools have a lot more elbow room!!

Congrats Paintsville, and hats off to Magoffin for a good season you are better than your record. Now Paintsville good luck in winning the district and the region.

Hard to say the better team lost when they went 0-3 against PHS for the season. I'll give credit to MC though, they played the most talented team in the region to the wire in 3 great games but the better team won each of those games. Paintsville just made a couple of more plays when they were needed. It's hard to believe that MC was the 4 seed. I think they are better than Sheldon Clark.

I said that after the Paintsville and JC game and that the lose wouldnt hurt Central for District cause i would rather play SC than MAgoffin.. And i got laughed at

Great season for Magoffin. As Napster said I think this seasons team has put us in the right direction, and I knew they could do it. I predicted preseason that they would win 10 games and they did it. Congrats, especially to the seniors (as well as Paintsville for the win). I knew this one was gonna be close. I made a long drive just to see this game and it was worth it. Devin Rice was absolutely unstoppable.

 

We're really feeling the efects of a 5 team district now. After a hard fought win in the district tournament we still dont get to go to the region.

Great season for Magoffin. As Napster said I think this seasons team has put us in the right direction, and I knew they could do it. I predicted preseason that they would win 10 games and they did it. Congrats, especially to the seniors (as well as Paintsville for the win). I knew this one was gonna be close. I made a long drive just to see this game and it was worth it. Devin Rice was absolutely unstoppable.

 

We're really feeling the efects of a 5 team district now. After a hard fought win in the district tournament we still dont get to go to the region.

I personally feel that decision was ridiculous.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.