April 1, 201412 yr We all feel like giving up at times: Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Deut. 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. Isaiah 40:31 But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.
April 1, 201412 yr I like this one too 1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
April 2, 201412 yr This is one that I like. Luke 18:1 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
April 7, 201412 yr Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
April 27, 201412 yr It seems I have referred to these passages a lot this past week. James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: Proverbs 21:23 Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.
April 28, 201412 yr Deuteronomy 14:21 "Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to the foreigner residing in any of your towns, and they may eat it, or you may sell it to any other foreigner."
April 30, 201412 yr Hebrews 11:1 King James Version (KJV) 11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. I always remind myself of this one.
April 30, 201412 yr Proverbs 31:6 Give strong drink to anyone who is perishing, and wine to the embittered.
May 1, 201412 yr 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (NIV)
May 6, 201412 yr Don't seek revenge yourselves, beloved, but give place to God's wrath. For it is written, "Vengeance belongs to me; I will repay, says the Lord." Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him. If he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in doing so, you will heap coals of fire on his head." Don't be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Rom 12:19-21)
May 11, 201412 yr Happy Mother's Day! "She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates." Proverbs 31:26-31
July 31, 201412 yr Sometimes a little levity is in order. Hopefully I won't be struck down by a stray lightning bold anytime soon. When I Need Strength, I Turn To The Bible Or Whatever Else Is Around | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
July 31, 201412 yr Sometimes a little levity is in order. Hopefully I won't be struck down by a stray lightning bold anytime soon. When I Need Strength, I Turn To The Bible Or Whatever Else Is Around | The Onion - America's Finest News Source Bibles are those things they have in hotels if you were wondering.
July 31, 201412 yr Was looking through today's bible readings and the gospel was from Matthew 13. But I kept reading after and stumbled onto this: "And coming into his own country, he taught them in their synagogues, so that they wondered and said: How came this man by this wisdom and miracles? [55] Is not this the carpenter' s son? Is not his mother called Mary, and his brethren James, and Joseph, and Simon, and Jude: [56] And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence therefore hath he all these things? [57] And they were scandalized in his regard. But Jesus said to them: A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house. [58] And he wrought not many miracles there, because of their unbelief." It's that last verse that really caught me. God does not work miracles so that we might believe; He works miracles because we believe.
July 31, 201412 yr Was looking through today's bible readings and the gospel was from Matthew 13. But I kept reading after and stumbled onto this: "And coming into his own country, he taught them in their synagogues, so that they wondered and said: How came this man by this wisdom and miracles? [55] Is not this the carpenter' s son? Is not his mother called Mary, and his brethren James, and Joseph, and Simon, and Jude: [56] And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence therefore hath he all these things? [57] And they were scandalized in his regard. But Jesus said to them: A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house. [58] And he wrought not many miracles there, because of their unbelief." It's that last verse that really caught me. God does not work miracles so that we might believe; He works miracles because we believe. Actually that is tomorrow's Gospel, but no worries. But I really wanted to ask you if you were believing in the miracle that a certain little boy would disappear?:bunny:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.