Clemson Storms the Court

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think court storming us reserved for big moments. Win an NIT quarterfinal game isn't (or at least shouldn't be) considered a big moment for a BCS school. That's my opinion

I wish kids at every school had the spirit and desire to celebrate every win by their team by storming the court to celebrate with their team.

So Duke fans should storm the court then they beat Mercer?

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

Mercer. Coastal Carolina. Lehigh. VCU. UNC. I don't care who it is. I LOVE court storming and have said as much multiple times on here when people act like they are too good to storm the court.

And NOBODY would storm the court the way the Crazies would.

So Duke fans should storm the court then they beat Mercer?

Duke fans stormed the court several years back after defeating unranked Virginia Tech on a last second shot at the buzzer from about 35 feet.

I'll never understand why celebrating wins has to have rules and regulations.

Duke fans stormed the court several years back after defeating unranked Virginia Tech on a last second shot at the buzzer from about 35 feet.

I think there are legitimate saftey reasons for why rushing the court is problematic.

Those I'm concerned with.

I'm less concerned with the idea that there are "moments it's appropriate".

I'll never understand why cheering as loud as you can and giving a standing ovation isn't enough. Only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt.

I'd be even more embarrassed if I were a player for Clemson. I mean, what are the expectations?

Speaking as a fan of a school that recently won the NIT Championship, I can say that for most of us, the feeling was one of confusion, not unbridled joy. Good for Clemson if they're that wound up, but for most Dayton fans, it was sort of a downer to have been left out of the tournament field that year, but the team showed up and won the whole thing, which was kind of cool.

Still felt a bit dirty celebrating any of the victories.

It was cool to beat UNC in the championship, though...

I think there are legitimate saftey reasons for why rushing the court is problematic.

Those I'm concerned with.

I'm less concerned with the idea that there are "moments it's appropriate".

I get the safety aspect. People rarely say safety is why they are against court rushing.

Why shouldn't a player be excited about advancing to Madison Square Garden in the NIT?

Is your goal as a player to read MSG in the NIT? That's a nice goal for a mid-major school but surely Clemson has higher expectations.