Random Idea to Help the Lakers

Lakers have always been a Super Star driven organization, in fact most of the time they have had multiple Super Stars when they have been successful. I don't expect the Lakers to rebuild through the draft, takes too long. Free Agency will be wild IMO the next two summers and the Lakers will be right in the middle and I think they get who they want, who ever that is.

#2016LakersareBack

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#BringLeBronToLA

If LeBron goes to LA does he then become the ARod of the NBA?

Cleveland...Miami...LA

Seattle...Texas...NY

LeBron already has his haters and most of them don't like him for leaving Cleveland to begin with. ARod wasn't really hated until he went to NY, then everyone that wasn't a Yankee fan pretty much hated him. I can see the same if LeBron goes to LA...and that's why I don't think he'll end up in LA.

LA's success over the next few years will come down to where they pick this year. They need an impact player from the draft. There is not a FA to sign who will make a huge impact and until Kobe proves it to me I don't think Kobe is Kobe anymore. The West is very strong and I just can't see LA even sniffing a title as long as Clipper have Paul/Blake and OKC has Durant/Westbrook. Both teams best player are head and shoulders above any player LA will put out there next year.

If LeBron goes to LA does he then become the ARod of the NBA?

Cleveland...Miami...LA

Seattle...Texas...NY

LeBron already has his haters and most of them don't like him for leaving Cleveland to begin with. ARod wasn't really hated until he went to NY, then everyone that wasn't a Yankee fan pretty much hated him. I can see the same if LeBron goes to LA...and that's why I don't think he'll end up in LA.

1. Lebron will never be compared to nor should he be compared to ARod. He used his greatness to win titles. ARod used his greatness to make money.

2. Going to LA would probably boost his image just like going to NY would.

3. He's probably going to play in NY with Phil Jackson.

To assume the Lakers will build with the draft is naive. D'Antoni is likely fired after this season. The Lakers could end up with the #1 pick of the draft. The Lakers historically build through Free Agents and blockbuster trades. Kobe wants one more shot at a ring which means building through the draft isn't an option.

Nothing the Lakers do this offseason will surprise me. This is a good year to trade the #1 pick and get something in return for it.

Parker, he will be the one with the biggest early impact IMO. That's what the Lakers need.

I disagree. He really struggled defending at the college level and I think that will continue in the NBA. I think Exum would probably be the best choice for them, it'd really help them at guard and get a lot more athletic. Plus he is a pass first point guard, something I'm sure Kobe would like.