Covington Catholic vs Bowling Green Predictions

Covington Catholic vs. Bowling Green (Sweet 16 Semifinals)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Covington Catholic vs. Bowling Green (Sweet 16 Semifinals)

• Covington Catholic
    • Bowling Green

All I know is what happened the last time a 4th Region school played Covington Catholic in the Sweet 16 semis. Repeat?

In all seriousness I would favor CovCath but only slightly. Bowling Green is a team that simply finds ways to win and with the exception of yesterday are playing their best ball all year. Maybe the best ball they've played since Behanan.

Having seen both, I think the big Ayers kid inside and Fant's quickness on the outside can really hurt the Blue Colonels.

Bowling Green is far more athletic than Clay County, but has the same kind of size. I don't think they shoot the ball as well as the Tigers, but are far more athletic.

I'd think they do a lot of what Clay County did to try and hurt Cov Cath (i.e., getting penetration from the wings [who were dropped further than usual], then looking to dump to a big when the help steps up). IMO, if you have a 4 man who can play from 15 and in (i.e., hit the 15 footer but also get all the way to the basket) you can hurt Cov Cath.

The Purples have been flying under the radar all season long, but they are a very good ballclub. I think CovCath has played two sorta average games for them, not great and not bad. If CovCath plays better I think they win this one but if they play like they have the last two nights they are gonna be in trouble. I think CovCath plays better and edges BG.