Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Championship start time conflicts with UK basketball

Featured Replies

I wonder what Mr. Tackett and his staff will do now that UK tips off at 2:45 PM Sunday?:greedy:

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't they've really got the flexibility to be changing it at this late in the game. Wouldn't be the first time a state championship conflicted with a big UK game.

 

Honestly, the way the finals are shaping up, most casual fans will be taking a pass on the finals anyway. Trinity winning again is not going to do a lot to excite the masses, and they'll probably go find a TV screen.

The time will not be changed.

After the championship game they should put it on the big screen and give out free popcorn!:popcorn:

I don't they've really got the flexibility to be changing it at this late in the game. Wouldn't be the first time a state championship conflicted with a big UK game.

 

Honestly, the way the finals are shaping up, most casual fans will be taking a pass on the finals anyway. Trinity winning again is not going to do a lot to excite the masses, and they'll probably go find a TV screen.

 

This....just like when them or X play in the football finals. Their fans and the opponents, but the casual fans...gone.

...and, if a Trinity vs. CovCath is the final game, then things will really be bare compared to years past.

 

Well, unless you haven't seen CovCaths student section, then I'd go just for that alone.

 

"He scared, he shakin', he know he aint gon' make it!" Best. Chant. Ever.

I don't they've really got the flexibility to be changing it at this late in the game. Wouldn't be the first time a state championship conflicted with a big UK game.

 

Honestly, the way the finals are shaping up, most casual fans will be taking a pass on the finals anyway. Trinity winning again is not going to do a lot to excite the masses, and they'll probably go find a TV screen.

 

Ok let's just not play the semi finals of state tourney and just go ahead and give Trinity the trophy I think not there is three other teams who just may have a say in that:madman:

Trinity is winning this. Best team by far that I have seen.

Are people forgetting that Scott County is 31-2. Their only losses to Ballard and Lafayette, and they have already beaten Trinity before? I can actually see any of the four winning. Good Luck to them all.

It could end up being like the '92 finals. Two privates squaring off while UK is playing a #1 seed.

It could end up being like the '92 finals. Two privates squaring off while UK is playing a #1 seed.

 

ahhh, Greg Buckner,,,,,nice player

Are people forgetting that Scott County is 31-2. Their only losses to Ballard and Lafayette, and they have already beaten Trinity before? I can actually see any of the four winning. Good Luck to them all.

 

I agree that the only truly impressive team in the tournament has been Trinity. It would completely surprise me if any of the remaining three teams win this. Scott County in my opinion has been less than impressive. I don't have a team in the tournament. So, this is just the opinion of a casual fan who has watched all of the tournament games.

Trinity is winning this. Best team by far that I have seen.

 

I agree.

 

Scott County isn't a Scott County of old. 12 is a player. Even, though there game with JC was nip and tuck for a bit, I never felt like that game was in any doubt whatsoever.

I agree that the only truly impressive team in the tournament has been Trinity. It would completely surprise me if any of the remaining three teams win this. Scott County in my opinion has been less than impressive. I don't have a team in the tournament. So, this is just the opinion of a casual fan who has watched all of the tournament games.

 

Anybody and I mean anybody can be beat so as for Trinity winning it all I personally don't think so that is why we play the game.:taz::taz:

Anybody and I mean anybody can be beat so as for Trinity winning it all I personally don't think so that is why we play the game.:taz::taz:

Correct. Any one can win.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.