Bowling Green/McCracken County updates

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Bowling Green's fans? Not many in their cheering section.

The population of my home county is 4,500, and 2,500 would probably be in the stands if we were ever fortunate enough to make it to this tournament.

A friend of mine from BG said the same thing on Facebook. Unfortunately a lot of BG fans like to cheer from abroad. They are the ones who are just happy we beat Central to make it to Rupp. I hate it but it is the truth.

Where's Bowling Green's fans? Not many in their cheering section.

The population of my home county is 4,500, and 2,500 would probably be in the stands if we were ever fortunate enough to make it to this tournament.

Sports success-fatigue perhaps?

I'm really digging this McCracken team! They are so focused, and they just grind it out cool and steady. Nothing messes with their aim and they're a great example of die hard believers. They're sure making a believer out of me. What a story it is that they came into this tournament rated 16th of 16 teams. Shows how much any of us knew this whole season. They've been the state of Kentucky's best kept secret. :thumb:

Sports success-fatigue perhaps?

Naw. It wasn't until the last few years that fans began showing up properly for football. I remember when BG lost to CovCath, LexCath and Highlands 3 years in a row and even then I was disappointed in the crowd support. Once the football finals were moved to WKU the BG fans had no excuse to not pack the house.

Naw. It wasn't until the last few years that fans began showing up properly for football. I remember when BG lost to CovCath, LexCath and Highlands 3 years in a row and even then I was disappointed in the crowd support. Once the football finals were moved to WKU the BG fans had no excuse to not pack the house.

It's just not fair to the BG players IMO. I mean, a school with over 1000 students with only around 50 to 75 fans in their enzone pep section and only a scattering of purple clad fans in the rest of the arena! That's not good.