Holmes 68 Beechwood 57

Beechwood was only down 1 point with 2plus minutes to go. They had two chances to take the lead but could never quite get over the hump. If Beechwood would've had some student fan support, I think they could've beaten Holmes. When they cut it to one point with 4 minutes to go their section should've gone crazy and fired the Tigers up! Really disappointing that the kids didn't support their basketball team tonight, because their team gave a very gallant effort.

Romes missed quite a few free throws tonight which I'm sure he usually makes. If he had hit 80% from the line, they probably would've been up 5 or so at the end with Holmes playing catch-up. He probably was just drained when he got to the line because he constantly had to battle two & three defenders with & without the ball. He had a very good game & is a great player.

Beechwood had three players foul out because Holmes' game plan was to take it to the basket and draw the foul. It was effective for the Bulldogs ultimitely but not before Beechwood had them on the ropes at the end.

Holmes really misses Rice!

Beechwood was only down 1 point with 2plus minutes to go. They had two chances to take the lead but could never quite get over the hump. If Beechwood would've had some student fan support, I think they could've beaten Holmes. When they cut it to one point with 4 minutes to go their section should've gone crazy and fired the Tigers up! Really disappointing that the kids didn't support their basketball team tonight, because their team gave a very gallant effort.

Will never happen. It's not that important to them. This time of year they are saving $ for spring break. :lol:

Good win for Holmes, Congrats to the Tigers on a good year. This was a very poor offiated game imo, there were some very questionable calls in this game. The refs did a good job of keeping this one close. Not to take anything away from Beechwood though, they played a good second half and had Holmes on the ropes. Holmes showed poise tonight and they were to strong for the Tigers. Holmes may miss Rice, but our big men are starting to come around.

Good win for Holmes, Congrats to the Tigers on a good year. This was a very poor offiated game imo, there were some very questionable calls in this game. The refs did a good job of keeping this one close. Not to take anything away from Beechwood though, they played a good second half and had Holmes on the ropes. Holmes showed poise tonight and they were to strong for the Tigers. Holmes may miss Rice, but our big men are starting to come around.

I heard the same. One of my brothers was at the game tonight and said Holmes big men look 10 times better than they did just a couple weeks ago.

Is the district championship between CCH and HC?

I'm sorry but Holmes can beat either one of these teams. So to answer your question, no it is not. The Championship will have to be earned and the defending 9th region champs will not go down without a fight. Be careful when you approach a cornered dawg you might just get bit.