All 8th Region Team/Coach Of The Year

This is the All 8th Region Team, as voted by the coaches, in order of points received.

A.J. Slaughter, Shelby Co. (Player of the Year)

Mike Hester, Simon Kenton

Patrick Steele, Williamstown

Kevin Allen, North Oldham

Boston Howe, Grant Co.

Alex Pehkle, Oldham Co.

Israel Chambers, Shelby Co.

Bailey Tabor, Grant Co.

Brent McMahon, Carroll Co.

Dustin Aldridge, Anderson Co.

Justin Toole, Owen Co.

Brett Miller, Carroll Co.

Justin Davis, Gallatin Co.

Sean Stiles, South Oldham

Jamar White, Shelby Co.

Coach of the Year goes to Gallatin County's Jon Jones.

Jones also won the award in 1999.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the All 8th Region Team, as voted by the coaches, in order of points received.

A.J. Slaughter, Shelby Co. (Player of the Year)

Mike Hester, Simon Kenton

Patrick Steele, Williamstown

Kevin Allen, North Oldham

Boston Howe, Grant Co.

Alex Pehkle, Oldham Co.

Israel Chambers, Shelby Co.

Bailey Tabor, Grant Co.

Brent McMahon, Carroll Co.

Dustin Aldridge, Anderson Co.

Justin Toole, Owen Co.

Brett Miller, Carroll Co.

Justin Davis, Gallatin Co.

Sean Stiles, South Oldham

Jamar White, Shelby Co.

Coach of the Year goes to Gallatin County's Jon Jones.

Jones also won the award in 1999.

Congratulations to coach Jones and Justin Davis. :thumb: :banana:

Wade had to settle into a new role at Shelby this year. He hasn't put up great numbers at Shelby but he definitely added talent to the roster. I have watched Shelby play this year and Wade is a much better player this year. He changes a number of shots on defense and plays above the rim on offense. Having said that if I had to pick one of the two post players from Shelby to put on the 8th team I would choose Chambers also. He is probably the most skilled post player in the 8th. That being said there are a number of players out there that could have made this team.

I am befuddled at the fact that Shelby is 25-3 this season and their coach doesn't win Coach of the Year. All respect due to Gallatin's coach but that just seems strange to me. I understand Shelby's team is extremely good but someone has to be there to put that talent into positions to win ball games.

I am befuddled at the fact that Shelby is 25-3 this season and their coach doesn't win Coach of the Year. All respect due to Gallatin's coach but that just seems strange to me. I understand Shelby's team is extremely good but someone has to be there to put that talent into positions to win ball games.

There are more small schools in this region and those coaches take care of their own (meaning small schools). They will make sure a large school does not win coach of the year - unless it is overwhelmingly obvious.

^^Not quite the dominant transfer everyone expected. A lot of raw talent, but unfulfilled.

Congrats to Coach Jones. Well deserving for a great guy.

I figured that Wade would at least merit Regional Team considering the bottom of the 8th is rather weak. I saw him throw down some nasty dunks at Bullitt East before the season began.

Come on now you all. we all know why the kid wade isn't on there it's becasue he isn't good. yeah he is 6'8 and can jump but come on he is no good. Talent yes but he can't stop running that mouth. just like the north oldham game and all the rest i seen last year for CC he has an attitude problem so leave it that. shelby would be 25-3 without wade. point blank

Come on now you all. we all know why the kid wade isn't on there it's becasue he isn't good. yeah he is 6'8 and can jump but come on he is no good. Talent yes but he can't stop running that mouth. just like the north oldham game and all the rest i seen last year for CC he has an attitude problem so leave it that. shelby would be 25-3 without wade. point blank

I disagree He has improved and is a game changer. IF you don't believe that you haven't seen shelby play. Shelby's guards don't have to worry about getting beat because if they do they have a 6'7 human eraser backing them up.