February 20, 201412 yr Anyone on here a fan of his or read his stuff? I'm currently reading The Great Divorce and all I can say is WOW. This guy was a genius.
February 20, 201412 yr I've read The Screwtape Letters. Interesting stuff. He and Tolkien were contemporaries.
February 20, 201412 yr Screwtape Letters is my favorite work of his. Very insightful. Mere Christianity & The Great Divorce are also very good.
February 20, 201412 yr There are only two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way."
February 20, 201412 yr Very good author. Was actually an Atheist early in his life. Also wrote the Chronicles of Narnia
February 20, 201412 yr Author There are only two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way." Love this quote. Sounds funny but hell is what YOU want, heaven is what God wants for you.
February 20, 201412 yr Love this quote. Sounds funny but hell is what YOU want, heaven is what God wants for you. Paging Mentschie! MentschTrachtGottLacht Man plans. God laughs.
February 21, 201412 yr Paging Mentschie! MentschTrachtGottLacht Man plans. God laughs. Lastly 3 years or so I've really enjoyed the saying, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans."
September 25, 201511 yr Author Just started Screwtape Letters today. Easily already in the top 5 books I've ever read.
September 25, 201511 yr Just started Screwtape Letters today. Easily already in the top 5 books I've ever read. You've never read that before? You're right...it's fantastic!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.